Dashon Goldson?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dashon Goldson??

silvrwrx

Scout Team
Reaction score
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and it seems that the niners won't tag him again this offseason. Obviously this doesn't mean they'll let arguably they 3rd best (willis, smith) def player walk. If they do what are you thoughts of targeting him in FA? Are there rumors that the dolphins will at least take a run at him?

I would be all over Goldson if I was Ireland. Goldson is arguably the second best FS in the NFL. I am very curious why SF is letting him get away.

I think he's a product of the system. Surrounded by talent. But i would take a look at him.

Goldson and Jones would team up to form the best safety combo in the league... We would prolly be better suited locking up jones long term and getting a playmaker like Wallace with some of that money

SF would only let him go due to $$$ which is why I'm not sure he even hits the market with them trading away Alex smith.they would need to tag him by today/sign him or else it's the UFA list for him. With jones expiring contract next year he will need a pay day. But losing Clemons and adding goldson is a huge upgrade at safety. It's a long shot but I'd like to see it happen.

I would try and hit him with the $7.5m and if he agrees to ink up, I'm all over it man.

Also there's rumors of buffalo making a play for him. Having to play them twice a year they'd have the best safety duo with Byrd and Goldson.

Some other good safeties on the market too... Falcons Moore for example

It would be a great move if we can get it done at a reasonable price. An upgrade to the secondary is an upgrade to the secondary whether it's corner or S. Anytime you can get a top 5 caliber player you do it. Goldson would bring a hard-hitting attitude that is lacking in our secondary (except Jones).

You guys don't think we have enough holes to fill. We just used about $8M on Starks which IMO was a good move, but now were sitting in the high $30sM. We still need WR, corners, pass rushers, TE and help on the OLine. I would be all over this if our offense wasnt absolute **** last year but we need to use this money wisely not just go around dropping 8-12 million on guys. Clemons will come at a much cheaper rate and is a solid safety IMO.

I firmly believe we will bring Clemons back, I just have that feeling.

No way. He's asking too much for the amount of $ we have wrapped up in our defense. Not to mention, Reshad Jones is a free agent after this season, and you know he's going to cash in around $8m. I'm sorry, but I am not comfortable with $16m being committed to the safeties.

There are people in this fan base who would spend every available penny on d and let us keep having more letitgo nonos and pat whites at the skill positions.

This is the classic definition of insanity. Keep doing it over and over and over...

Back
Top Bottom