Daunte Culpepper | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daunte Culpepper

fins4o8 said:
would u trade our winning seasons back then with Marino to get Dante? sorry, but i wouldnt.

but i will admit Dante starting to play up to his talent level. do u see Dante tackle the Ambrosia? he is a beast & can run.
Starting to play up to his potential? LMAO.... Where have you been?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=4659

He had one off year... He was injuried a lot that year.... Could of been that madden Jix ;)

I don't mean to sound blunt, I just had to point this out...

^^^This is the type of QB that "wins" games for you...

BTW: Jay Sucks.

TerryTate said:
DC has incorporated a ton of recievers besides moss this year, and they are stuck with using a banged up Moe Williams and a rookie Mewelde Moore out of Tulane....rather than Onterrio Smith and michael Bennett...i think hes doing a darn good job.....
i dont think most people realize how much moss opens up other receivers.

these other guys get all the space they need because the other team is always double teaming moss and sending their best guys in the secondary at him. Sometimes he is even triple teamed.

When a blitz comes that means there is one man open but it also means he should have to hurry the throw. Daunte gets a good 3 seconds even with a 7 man blitz.

I dont see what the defense has to do with it. In fact if the defense plays worse the offence should get into shoot outs.

Moore runs really well, whether it is him or the oline, he still runs well. Better than Marino ever got if you want to compare him back to the dolphins.

Marks bros where no Randy Moss and whoever else might play to the other side. Marino made these guys better just like moss makes culpepper better (whether he is catching the ball or drawing double coverage).

When did Culpepper ever have a bad offence to work with? As long as I can remember he has always had a hall of fame receiver whether it is moss, carter or both. Even Reed was no schlub.

Point is, culpepper is good. As much as I dont like this guy, I would still like him on the dolphins. My point is he is overrated. He is not MVP material, he is not great, he is not even pro bowl material. He is simply a good qb put into an excellent situation.

Finally, re-read my post. Gus Frerotte did fine in minnesota. And Culpepper always starts out strong. Best Qb rtg. in the first 6 games last year. Did minnesota make the playoffs in the week NFC North.

Went looking at an old Culpepepr thread. I would be interested if anyone has changed their opinoin of the guy since 2004.

Back
Top Bottom