Daunte | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daunte

finz72

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
does anybody think that regardless of who the coach is, is Daunte our starter next year?
I think he should get another chance when he is 100%.
What do you guys think?

The new head coach should have an open competition for the starting job. If Daunte wins it, then he will be the best qb on the team. If he doesn't then whomever wins it will be the best qb on the team and should start.

I think he blows and should be gotten rid of ASAP. If it costs too much to cut him then Wayne should hire a hit man to take him out. Maybe then we would even get a compensitory pick for his sorry a**.

I think he blows and should be gotten rid of ASAP. If it costs too much to cut him then Wayne should hire a hit man to take him out. Maybe then we would even get a compensitory pick for his sorry a**.

Thats a little harsh... open competition would be the best route. I do hope that mia put a clause in DC's contract that if he never fully recovers from his injury they can cut him without much penalty.

He certainly is being overpaid according to risk. Him blowing is a bit of a reach. There are many circumstances involved here but what he is being paid makes you wonder what the hell the front office is thinking sometimes.

I hope so. He shouldn't have any competition if he's 100% healthy.

People don't give this guy credit. Saban rushed him back, he wanted to start the season and be the hero, everyone was making him out to be.

Give this guy a chance. He's built like a horse. He'll be a year and a half removed from the injury @ the beginning of the camp.

The Question is he's 30+, and if he doesnt recover...should we draft a QB @ number 9.

People don't give this guy credit. Saban rushed him back, he wanted to start the season and be the hero, everyone was making him out to be.

Give this guy a chance. He's built like a horse. He'll be a year and a half removed from the injury @ the beginning of the camp.

The Question is he's 30+, and if he doesnt recover...should we draft a QB @ number 9.
He won't be 30 for another 20 days

While I believe Daunte is going to be our starter for the next few years, in light of our situation I feel we should draft a QB at #9 irregardless, IF there is a really good QB still available at #9. But I feel we'd be drafting this QB for FUTURE development. (Not to mention just in case Daunte does NOT come back to his 2004 form.)

Ya and if he plays like an MVP next year i bet your tune will change!!!!!!! You should really give him a chance. your statements are a little overboard

While I believe Daunte is going to be our starter for the next few years, in light of our situation I feel we should draft a QB at #9 irregardless, IF there is a really good QB still available at #9. But I feel we'd be drafting this QB for FUTURE development. (Not to mention just in case Daunte does NOT come back to his 2004 form.)
I totally agree!!!

Agree 100%. We're going to have to develop a young QB again. Look around the league and look at the QB situations, they're getting younger on most teams and we haven't even given it a consideration since Marino.

I have used the word "irregardless" many times, and my wife (an educator) keeps telling me this is not a word. The proper word is regardless. Just something for all you writers out there because i have heard this word used in the media.

Agree 100%. We're going to have to develop a young QB again. Look around the league and look at the QB situations, they're getting younger on most teams and we haven't even given it a consideration since Marino.

Agree also, but only if a really good QB is left at number 9. Not sure what QB's are declaring, but I believe that QB is definitely the position to go. If no one is there we should go with OL and then maybe WR in that order, on Def. we have alot of young talent that can maybe show us something since Saban did not really give them a chance. Roth, Vickerson, Wright.

maybe you should just get on the bus and follow nikki a true dol-fin fan doesn't cut up on the players cul-pep will be are QB next year and he will do just fine!!!!!

could not have put it better myself...thank you
maybe you should just get on the bus and follow nikki a true dol-fin fan doesn't cut up on the players cul-pep will be are QB next year and he will do just fine!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom