Davante Parker Has Found Himself Again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davante Parker Has Found Himself Again

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
We all know the story. Injuries, inconsistency. Doghouse. Lack of opportunity. Through it all I remembered the guy early in his career, the one who though part of a crowded depth chart on an offense that didn't stay on the field much, occasionally was unstoppable. I remember the time versus New England when we were down multiple scores. RT to DVP got so hot and unstoppable that New England simply resorted to tackling him in pass coverage since they couldn't prevent the completion for more yardage and the PI was better.

DVP has been good this year. He has consistently converted his opportunities and become a reliable pass catcher. I was glad to see him become reliable. I wanted more. I wanted him to not just consistently make plays, but to make big plays. I wanted him to be dominant. I wanted him to be unstoppable.

DVP has finally emerged here in this Eagles game. He has finally found the mojo that gave him the confidence to not be denied on the jump ball. When that ball is in the air, its his. He knows it, and the defense is gonna know it. I was waiting to see this guy again before really anointing him again. He's here.

Welcome back DVP.

You can't wait 4+ years in the NFL for 1st round pick to develop.

I'm glad he's balling now and hope he can keep it rolling next year for us.

You can't wait 4+ years in the NFL for 1st round pick to develop.

I'm glad he's balling now and hope he can keep it rolling next year for us.

Either way he was a buy low candidate for someone and I'm glad the Dolphins did what most teams wouldn't do and bought low on their own guy to see what a new staff could do.

He will be getting paid, and I'm hoping it's by us in hurry so we can get him on a discount.

Parker, Williams and a young QB and new OL could be something really fun to watch

Give it a week.

For the vast majority, players that are inconsistent, remain inconsistent. Trying to inject the exception as the rule into the narrative is simply repeating the same mentality that has kept hope repeatedly alive.

If he is to stay, accept the disappearances with the appearances. One follows the other. Consistency is defined by a pattern.

He is our modern day Chris Chambers.

Preston Williams might also be CC reincarnate.

As it stands, Landry and Welker were the most consistent players we have seen at WR in some time.

I'm not hoping on Parker or Williams becoming legit WR #1's because, honestly, this staff and team's philosophy is to not rely on any one player to carry the team. So, inconsistency is afforded in the schemes.

I expect each player to have great games and silent games. Fortunately, this strategy allows for Parker to be Parker.

It is not the emergence of Parker. It is the marrying of Parker with a team concept that benefits both.

He will be getting paid, and I'm hoping it's by us in hurry so we can get him on a discount.

Parker, Williams and a young QB and new OL could be something really fun to watch
Didn't we just sign him to an extension this year? Also I think this speaks volumes about Flores and this coaching staff... Actually getting the most out of our players for once.

Didn't we just sign him to an extension this year? Also I think this speaks volumes about Flores and this coaching staff... Actually getting the most out of our players for once.
I don't think so, I think we have him through next season and he becomes a UFA in 2021

Give it a week.

For the vast majority, players that are inconsistent, remain inconsistent. Trying to inject the exception as the rule into the narrative is simply repeating the same mentality that has kept hope repeatedly alive.

If he is to stay, accept the disappearances with the appearances. One follows the other. Consistency is defined by a pattern.

He is our modern day Chris Chambers.

Preston Williams might also be CC reincarnate.

As it stands, Landry and Welker were the most consistent players we have seen at WR in some time.

I'm not hoping on Parker or Williams becoming legit WR #1's because, honestly, this staff and team's philosophy is to not rely on any one player to carry the team. So, inconsistency is afforded in the schemes.

I expect each player to have great games and silent games. Fortunately, this strategy allows for Parker to be Parker.

It is not the emergence of Parker. It is the marrying of Parker with a team concept that benefits both.

The dominant catches popped up this week, but he's been delivering almost all year. Even with all the challenges of this offense he's on pace for a 1,000 yard season. That despite them feeding Preston most of the limited opps through the first half of the year.

Either way, I don't necessarily see us needing to resign DVP, though our cap situation wouldn't be strained by it. With a guy who has been inconsistent throughout his career it wouldn't be crazy to let him play out.

Back
Top Bottom