Davante Parker Has Found Himself Again | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davante Parker Has Found Himself Again

Always loved the dude. Talent was obvious he had some bad luck, as the entire franchise had when RT17 got hurt.

What he did today he’s been doing all season, Fitzpatrick just had more time today.

He’s signed through next year so no need to talk extension just yet.

Good thing this game came after the trade deadline or he’d been heading elsewhere tomorrow.

Love the fire he showed more than anything.

There are a lot of big bodied recievers in this draft. Miami could select a second tier receiver with size to team with Williams in the future and with with the way Parker has played this seaosn they could trade him for a decent pick if they wanted to. I would like to keep Parker on the roster, but Miami has options if they wanted to go another direction.

I feel like this board wants a superstar at every position. We all knew Parker had talent. My belief is the game just took longer for him to understand and slowing down for him. I say extend him but don’t overpay. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s moved on draft day for a pick.

He is having a great year. If the team had a real offensive line he and the entire offense would be much better. Hopefully DeVante has turned the corner for good.

The dominant catches popped up this week, but he's been delivering almost all year. Even with all the challenges of this offense he's on pace for a 1,000 yard season. That despite them feeding Preston most of the limited opps through the first half of the year.

Again, when we analyze players in a vacuum with their trending performances used as indicators of future consistency... it is misguided.

Consistency is the product of time. Even Chris Chambers had dominant performances for sustained stretches. Then he would go silent or develop cases of the dropsies at inopportune times.

Parker has shown to be more reliable this year, but he has had shown streaks before. Increasing the length of sustained performances does not point to a change in behavior. In many cases, it is the same behavior simply encountering a new level of execution. Given time, it will even out... even as new frequencies emerge. We simply have not seen enough sampling to understand how this current streak factors into a larger pool of inconsistency.

Moreso to my point, I simply believe he is a known quantity to this point. And while his highs are high, his lows can be deadening. I think all things considered, he fits better with this staff. And the less we depend on him being consistent, the more we can enjoy the outlying games of great performance.

He is a roller coaster. Not a straight line.

But even looking at NE's roster when they had Moss, Gronk and Welker, they did not rely solely on Moss, Gronk or Welker.

I expect Williams to have great days, Parker to have great days and Player X to have great days. We are past NEEDING to wait for the light to finally come on for Parker. Now, he is more of a contributor. And that matches how and why we are paying him.

Parker just mentioned Philly having more fans at the game pissed him off, said it gave him a little bit of extra juice today ...players are noticing.

It'll change next season depending on who we draft.

Gotta love this coaching staff's ability to squeeze out every ounce of ability from Parker and Gesicki. Unbelievable!!!

When we drafted Parker I was really expecting to see a lot of games like he had today. His talent was always evident at Louisville. The coaching staff has done a great job getting him, Williams (pre injury) and Gesicki involved in the game plan. Got to give a lot of credit to Fitzpatrick as well. His experience is clearly helping our younger offensive players.

Really the biggest difference in Parker is he's healthy and on the field.

And not playing in Landry's shadow helps. Right now the spot light is firmly on Parker, in the past he's had to play second fiddle to Landry and often was a third option behind Stills too. I've always said if you force fed Parker a decent number of targets the numbers and big plays would be there as long as he stayed healthy.

Back
Top Bottom