Davante Parker Has Found Himself Again | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davante Parker Has Found Himself Again

Again, when we analyze players in a vacuum with their trending performances used as indicators of future consistency... it is misguided.

Consistency is the product of time. Even Chris Chambers had dominant performances for sustained stretches. Then he would go silent or develop cases of the dropsies at inopportune times.

Parker has shown to be more reliable this year, but he has had shown streaks before. Increasing the length of sustained performances does not point to a change in behavior. In many cases, it is the same behavior simply encountering a new level of execution. Given time, it will even out... even as new frequencies emerge. We simply have not seen enough sampling to understand how this current streak factors into a larger pool of inconsistency.

Moreso to my point, I simply believe he is a known quantity to this point. And while his highs are high, his lows can be deadening. I think all things considered, he fits better with this staff. And the less we depend on him being consistent, the more we can enjoy the outlying games of great performance.

He is a roller coaster. Not a straight line.

But even looking at NE's roster when they had Moss, Gronk and Welker, they did not rely solely on Moss, Gronk or Welker.

I expect Williams to have great days, Parker to have great days and Player X to have great days. We are past NEEDING to wait for the light to finally come on for Parker. Now, he is more of a contributor. And that matches how and why we are paying him.

But not all inconsistency is made equal. I'm not sure that Gase was/is ever 1/4 of the offensive genius he is supposed to be, but the problem is that Gase is sure. He just wants players to run his system, genius that he is. He doesn't want players whose talent makes them a system if you feed them correctly. Last year Gase buried DVP behind Grant, Wilson, Stills, and Amendola, then watched as this team couldn't convert a third and long to save its life because its QB couldn't find the three dominutive receivers he had running downfield before he was sacked because Gase also doesn't know how to protect a QB.

You can't wait 4+ years in the NFL for 1st round pick to develop.

I'm glad he's balling now and hope he can keep it rolling next year for us.

Actually, it turns out you can. Cause the Dolphins have done it. And seemed poised to benefit from his sudden development/improvement going forward with whatever new talent they acquire this offseason.

Myth officially debunked.

Gase Leaving was the resurrection of his career. He suddenly isnt injured and is producing.
Seeing how players that have been on the roster and that are now in other teams are doing I really think gase really was a bad coach. They all seem to be flourishing

He just needs to be more consistent.
Keep building on this performance.

Also, there is no doubt, the way Fitz plays the game and hsi preference for taller recievers is giving him maximum opportunities.
Keep eating young man...

He just needs to be more consistent.
Keep building on this performance.

Also, there is no doubt, the way Fitz plays the game and hsi preference for taller recievers is giving him maximum opportunities.
Keep eating young man...
Yeah, sounds like Parker hit a low as far as his confidence, and Flo & staff boosted his confidence. He’s definitely Fitz favorite target.

Yeah, sounds like Parker hit a low as far as his confidence, and Flo & staff boosted his confidence. He’s definitely Fitz favorite target.

Well he is now that the other beast P.Williams is out of the line-up.
Also, love how Gesickie is getting even more looks.

Honestly, they really just need a dynamic slot reciever to bust this thing wide open.

I would like to add a legit speed deep threat to open things up. Someone like a younger Ted Ginn would be nice. Doesn't have to be number one type receiver, just make enough big plays and be a threat to defenses.

One thing about DvP, even during the dark times the guy never really caused problems by any accounts, or got caught up off the field. Great to see him balling out now, and kudos to the FO for seeing this coming when alot of us didn't.

Back
Top Bottom