Davante Parker Has Found Himself Again | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davante Parker Has Found Himself Again

Faster than Green tho.

I've always be a aParker fan, but I'm not ready to put him in a healthy AJ Green category just yet. However, if healthy and targeted consistently Parker could put up Pro-Bowl like numbers. Currently on a pace for 71 receptions 1100 yards and 8 tds. He already hasset new single season career highs for yards andn tds this season and just needs 5 receptions for a new high in that category too.

Last edited:
I kind of agree with that based on my eyes, but he was timed faster. Especially A.J in his younger years.

Possibly, I didn't really pay attention. There's definitely a difference between timed speed and football speed though. Ronnie Brown was timed at 4.3....he sure didn't play that way. I've only ever seen DVP look like he had jets one time, and that was in Moore's start versus the Bills in 2017 when he took a slant in stride to the house. If speed were the end all then Grant and Wilson would be open deep all day. Heck, Clyde Gates would have been a superstar.

Me neither
Possibly, I didn't really pay attention. There's definitely a difference between timed speed and football speed though. Ronnie Brown was timed at 4.3....he sure didn't play that way. I've only ever seen DVP look like he had jets one time, and that was in Moore's start versus the Bills in 2017 when he took a slant in stride to the house. If speed were the end all then Grant and Wilson would be open deep all day. Heck, Clyde Gates would have been a superstar.

Brown was timed at 4.43, but yea he never seemed that fast to me either, I think A.J route running speed is faster due to his superior cutting ability so yea I can agree he plays faster, but in a straight foot race, I do think DVP is faster.

Give it a week.

For the vast majority, players that are inconsistent, remain inconsistent. Trying to inject the exception as the rule into the narrative is simply repeating the same mentality that has kept hope repeatedly alive.

If he is to stay, accept the disappearances with the appearances. One follows the other. Consistency is defined by a pattern.

He is our modern day Chris Chambers.

Preston Williams might also be CC reincarnate.

As it stands, Landry and Welker were the most consistent players we have seen at WR in some time.

I'm not hoping on Parker or Williams becoming legit WR #1's because, honestly, this staff and team's philosophy is to not rely on any one player to carry the team. So, inconsistency is afforded in the schemes.

I expect each player to have great games and silent games. Fortunately, this strategy allows for Parker to be Parker.

It is not the emergence of Parker. It is the marrying of Parker with a team concept that benefits both.

I would agree but he is having a career year, not a career week.

In a hate to say it meaningless season, We have discovered what I've always known about parker and are using it.. He has a talent at ONE aspect of his game that he has shown from his college days.. He can high point the **** out of the ball and make 50/50 catches as good as any WR in the league..

Some players just excel at this, Dez did, Michael Thomas does, and Devante Parker is currently one of the best. Every other aspect of his game he is strictly a possession receiver.. I'm not the biggest fan of his because you don't want to make a habit of throwing up 50/50 balls but if you have to do it this is they guy you want.

I'm glad for him and i hope some team would be foolish enough to trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him.

He's not even close to a slot guy. That won't work..they need a true slot guy.
Actually, I don't remember if it was O'shea, or Flores, but someone from the organization did allude to his slot capabilities, in an interview when he was extended.

No opinion on the feasibility, but I'm not going to dismiss the possibility.

Actually, I don't remember if it was O'shea, or Flores, but someone from the organization did allude to his slot capabilities, in an interview when he was extended.

No opinion on the feasibility, but I'm not going to dismiss the possibility.

I'm not going to second guess those coaches. But in my eyes they needs something very different at that position.
Parker and Williams more or less have the same skillset and Hurns is a poorer version of those two.

IMO, they need a quicker guy to work the underneath stuff. That's not Hurns at all...he's not a quick twitch type of athelete.

I'm not going to second guess those coaches. But in my eyes they needs something very different at that position.
Parker and Williams more or less have the same skillset and Hurns is a poorer version of those two.

IMO, they need a quicker guy to work the underneath stuff. That's not Hurns at all...he's not a quick twitch type of athelete.
In an ideal world Wilson or Grant are our slot receivers but it just seems neither one can ever stay healthy enough, Devante doesn't have the short area quickness to be a slot WR imo, that is just trying to force a square peg into a circle.

Landry was without a doubt our best slot WR and screw Gase and Tannenbaum for trading that guy for a fourth rounder.. Gase's ego took building blocks out of play for us. The Ajayi trade was another one i wish we had never made because i think a Ajayi/Drake tandem would have been really dangerous.

I wouldn't go quite that far. He lit up the Texans last year for 130 yds.

But I'm not talking about just yards, though 130 is a good game. It's more about sheer physical dominance and inability to be stopped. Playing like an alpha receiver. Lots of guys get 130 yards without that ability.

Back
Top Bottom