Dave and Wayne meeting transcript: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave and Wayne meeting transcript:

ARealFinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Dave: so what's up wayne?

Wayne: I don't like the performance of the team.

Dave: “The question at this point is how do we get the thing turned and how we’re going to get back on track. After watching the tape, we talked about going in with the running game being an emphasis, and I still do believe if we didn’t fall behind like we did early in the game [it would have been]. That didn’t help our cause from a commitment to the running game standpoint. It’s the same group, basically, that we have back from a year ago. The commitment is there and I think that has to be a starting point. The turnovers are a major factor – yes. The two things that we have to get squared away are turnovers on offense and third down. The more that we can help our running game on first and second down, the more opportunities we’ll have to have makeable third downs. I feel very confident from the standpoint that the commitment to the running game is there. The people are there. We’re going to stay with it and that will, in turn, help our third-down conversions. The turnovers are something we know you can’t win playing anybody in this league turning the football over. When you have five turnovers in a football game – I don’t care who does it or how it happens – you are going to have a tough time.

“Defensively, we missed a few tackles yesterday. That was probably the glaring thing. They hit us on the one pass. There is a reason that Steve McNair is up for MVP in the league. He made some throws yesterday under pressure and their receivers did a good job of making something happen after the catch. Overall defensively, after we kind of weathered the storm that first time, I thought the guys settled down and played fairly well the rest of the time. The biggest thing with the overall attitude – you want to address that right now – we have a group of men, you know them in the locker room, who are committed to this cause. Any time you have some adversity and you lose a couple of games, you get tested. I believe with the guys that we have in that locker room, the way you get it solved and the quickest way, starting with myself, coaches and players, everybody needs to get better. I’m the guy that needs to worry about the entire team. Everybody else just needs to focus in on their responsibility and making sure that they are playing at the highest level they could possibly play. With the individuals that we have in there I am very confident. Everything that we talked about going after, goal-wise, is still attainable. The last two teams out of the AFC that have represented in the Super Bowl were 5-4. All that stuff is not just smoke being blown out there. It’s factual stuff. We need to get it turned. This game against Baltimore is a game that we need. We know that. It is going to take every ounce of strength and focus to get this done. They are an excellent football team. But, it can get done and I’m very confident with the commitment we have that we’ll get the thing turned in the right direction and get it going. It’s the same group of guys who won four in a row on the road. I know what’s in that locker room and we just to make sure we focus on what each guy can do, coach and player, and that’s how you get it turned.â€Â

Wayne: I feel that we are underachieving as a team.

Dave: “I think I just answered that question. Everybody just needs to be focus on what they are going. Wade Smith, it’s kind of interesting, if you really went in and watched the film, he got beat one time on a first and ten play. We threw the ball on first and ten and Jevon Kearse was coming up the field, kind of got a jump on him and got the edge. But if you watch every play of that game, I thought that Wade Smith played pretty well. I really did. I was encouraged by how he competed. There were times we turned to protection. There were times that we had Randy McMichael help him. There were times that Rob Konrad helped him. There were times that Ricky Williams helped him, but when he was singled up in certain situations I thought that he competed and he played well.â€Â

Wayne: Where has our running game gone?

Dave: “The No. 1 thing is to be consistent. We had some opportunities yesterday. Kendall Newson makes the catch; we get called for offensive pass interference. Brian (Griese) scrambles, makes the completion down to the fifteen-yard line. We get called for a holding by somebody. We get the ball, we make the catch, we have the ball on the forty going in, we put the ball on the ground, fumble it and give it to them. The consistency thing would be what is lacking, run and pass. I don’t think you can just say it has been just the running game. We’ve had opportunities to make plays in the passing game and haven’t done it also.â€Â

Wayne: Don't you think that you have not handled the QB situation that well?

Dave: “No, no. It’s been tough on Brian (Griese), but when you’re in that situation and they are coming after you, that’s tough circumstances to be in. This isn’t a one-man problem to be solved. We need to do some things better in other areas to help him.â€Â

Wayne: I am very disappointed with this team.

Dave: “Is there some disappointment? Sure there is, but no more disappointment than I feel. I would want the players to feel that. I want the guys to know what we’re after is still attainable. We’ll go out and go get it this week.â€Â

Wayne: What happened to our pass defense against McNair, he looked like freakin Johnny Unitas out there!

Dave: “Yeah, the first play, the long pass play, was a great throw. We were running with him. Arturo (Freeman) was right there. (Steve) McNair made a great throw. (Derrick) Mason made a great catch on the play. It wasn’t a breakdown. It was physical thing that happened. The disappointing thing on defense – we had them in a couple of third downs and they converted the third downs where we missed a couple of tackles. That’s the thing. Nobody works on tackling more or harder than we do. We have to continue to do it now. We knew they would run the ball some. We were concerned about the pass to be quite honest with you. I think once they got the lead it changed a little bit, but going into the game that was our focus, trying not to give them the big pass play. That’s how they have made a living the last couple of weeks.â€Â

Wayne: Dave, I guess you know why I called this meeting......

Dave: Oh no..........

Wayne: Well, it's a long time coming.

Dave: Yeah, I know.

Wayne: Sometimes a owner has to act.

Dave: Yeah.

Wayne: The fans are demanding it.

Dave: I've Heard.

Wayne: I gotta do this.

Dave: I understand.

Wayne: I would like for you to sign a 5 year extension with the team.

Dave: Okay boss.

LOLOLOL!!!!!

The ending was funny! But whats funny too was that I thought you were imitating Dave with that "Wannstedt lingo" with all that "..from a standpoint...", "well give that team a lot of credit", "we knew it would be very tough for us to do". Then I realized you actually posted the transcripts, and Dave did indeed say those ridiculous phrases again!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO An excellent post ARealFins Fan...

GOOO FIINZ

:) :cooldude: :rofl: :party: :laughat: :cheer: :thewave: :clap:

i understood one retarded joke, but why three? some people have too much time on their hands to make things like this up.

Very nice, very nice! I saw the press conference so I recognized the text right away. Nice touch on adding Wayne and the ending had a nice twist! I'd give it 5 stars, especially since it takes the edge off a dreadfull performance and also because Dave will probably repeat himself tomorrow when he's getting his butt reamed by Wayne.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom