Dave & FRONT OFFICE? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave & FRONT OFFICE?

upsman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Did i miss something? I thought Dave Wannstedt had his power over players & personal issues removed!! Everyone keeps reffering to dave being in the FO.

TIA

:yell: :fire:

Originally posted by LIQUID24
All coaches have some say over personnel. He just doesn't have the final say.

ok thanks i was just wondering, sounds like to me he's having a whole lot of say.

Its hard to get a read on who is really in charge of our team.

We have Wanny who brought Rick on as personnel manager, so you gotta think that Rick won't step on Wanny's toes about ANYTHING.

Now take that assumption and look at the Feeley situation. Rick did the deal to get him and then told Fielder it was ok to seek a trade and if he wanted to come back, it would be at a reduced salary. Fiedler pouts and won't accept that....so what does he do, he cries to his buddy Wanny who then has a conversation with Rick and changes Rick's mind. Next we hear Fiedler is staying and his pay stays the same!

So we don't know who is in charge. Wayne may have pulled his biggest blunder ever as an owner. He overanalyzed the situation instead of going with his gut, he waited and got soft hearted.

Now we are left with a circus....so lets sit back and watch the show.

It may be a little "Wanny ego" in this as he did get pushed to the side in the RS thing. I look at it as him trying to save a little face in all of this. I think all the personnel moves will be Ricks, and I think Wanny will fade to the back as soon as camp opens up.

Dave is giving his opinion when asked a question. You expect him to say "ask Rick, I don't do personnel any longer"? As much as we'd all love to hear that, we never will regardless the actuality of their FO.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Dave is giving his opinion when asked a question. You expect him to say "ask Rick, I don't do personnel any longer"? As much as we'd all love to hear that, we never will regardless the actuality of their FO.

No, he could say that he will only speak on players we have under contract...he is only the damn coach now.

It should be obvious that he doesn't do personnel any longer. However it isn't. He still speaks on it way too much. He has obviously influenced it.....to the point where you have to ask what has changed?

Originally posted by Superself

No, he could say that he will only speak on players we have under contract...he is only the damn coach now.

It should be obvious that he doesn't do personnel any longer. However it isn't. He still speaks on it way too much. He has obviously influenced it.....to the point where you have to ask what has changed?

He doesn't speak on contract matters any more or less than any other coach in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom