Dave Hyde nails it. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave Hyde nails it.

Once upon a time there weren't no internet or twitter or fan forums so the local sports writers were about all you had for "additional" or "supplemental" football news and assorted fixes... Hard to believe we came from such primitive times! But anyway add to that mix the unlimited blogs and video providers and the local outlets are dinosaurs who haven't come to grips with their extinction yet.

In a way I feel sorry for them. The asteroid that destroyed their planet was the evil internet invented by Al Gore!

True Story!

Once upon a time there weren't no internet or twitter or fan forums so the local sports writers were about all you had for "additional" or "supplemental" football news and assorted fixes... Hard to believe we came from such primitive times! But anyway add to that mix the unlimited blogs and video providers and the local outlets are dinosaurs who haven't come to grips with their extinction yet.

In a way I feel sorry for them. The asteroid that destroyed their planet was the evil internet invented by Al Gore!

True Story!

Thank you...

guys its Sewell or trade back. I wouldnt mind having a dominate oline that isn't decimated after one injury.

Dave Hyde's not nailed a thing in his life, so I highly doubt he just started here and therefore have no interest reading this. But to save folks click baiting and not help the Sentinel pay him and Omar, perhaps you could summarise what the turnip said.
Like it or not, they do have connections. And they can walk into Davie training facility anytime they want. Things that you and I cannot do.
If he came out and said Dolphins should take Sewell and Pitt, you will be the first one to post his article.

Sewell is a great prospect at Tackle, no doubt.

I feel like we waste so many picks on linemen though. Thats why I hesitate to draft Sewell, I have faith he will be great but its admitting after 1 season we don't believe Hunt or Jackson are the right man for the job, hence we wasted one of those picks. Hunt was drafted to play RT, the argument that we can move him to Gaurd is a cop out. If we move Hunt to Guard then it means Kindley was a wasted pick or Flowers was a bad FA signing.

Drafting Sewell makes as much sense as drafting Fields or Wilson. Were giving up on a player anyway you look at it, taking another linemen or QB this soon.

I just think we've invested enough draft capital and resources over the last few years on linemen and that's without mentioning Dieter.

I am not advocating for drafting Smith or Chase at #3 either.

I'm team trade for Watson or trade down no matter what.

Our line still ranked 28th best in the league. What point are you trying to make then? I get what you are trying to say, yes we drafted offensive linemen, but that doesn't changes the fact that our offensive line requires more work. We were so horrible in 2019 that the ceiling was set so low for 2020. Our offensive line did look at lot better, but that is also due to the fact that our offensive play calling contributed to that as well. The Chargers had a more horrible offensive line than we did, and they were still able to put up offensive numbers better than we did. Does that make sense brother?
28th best on what metric?

Drafting Sewell would have to mean that moving Hunt or Jackson is a slam dunk. I think trade down is the slam dunk here and I am no rocket scientist.

Fins have drafted 5 OL in the last 2 drafts. Maybe a little bit of patience would simply do it...
If you believe in your coaching staff then you should believe in their ability to develop players. That’s their job right? To think this FO would draft another OT in the first round after drafting two highly last year tells our staff we have no faith in their coaching abilities.

You don’t want to read it because it counters your narrative. Same old tired refrain, and you’re about the only one saying it now. None of the Miami media is saying it, none of the connected National sports media or scouts are saying it and only a few peripheral mock sites are saying it. Just you. Go ahead and ride this horse till it dies but it ain’t happening dude.

I suspect you think the article “nailed it” because it agrees with your narrative.

Im still waiting for someone to show me any kind of correlation between weight and NFL success for WRs...
I remember a Dolphin fan being super hot on Tavon Austin. So I checked the top 20 in receiving yards and it wasn’t good for small receivers.

Back
Top Bottom