Dave Hyde nails it. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave Hyde nails it.

Allright, I admit I dont really have alot time to put into this but I do have some data for all WRs(25+ tgts) from the 2018 season. Here's a quick linear model plot that shows the relationship between:

weight and yds per target.

View attachment 66160

height and yards per target

View attachment 66161

BMI and yards per target

View attachment 66162

I dont know about you, but it really doesnt seem like there's that big of a relationship, and if there is, it's actually disagreeing with you.
Hard to say. There may be a sweet spot there, but it also may be illusory. Too many contributing factors to consider.

Thanks for posting in any case.

Hard to say. There may be a sweet spot there, but it also may be illusory. Too many contributing factors to consider.

Thanks for posting in any case.
Looks completely random to me...

I suppose people in here will take a few guys drafted since 2000 that fit the physical scales of players of such stature, or bodyweight to represent that as being the reason why they weren't good players. Same case can be made for every wide receiver with 4.3 speed that sucked in the nfl. I guess football IQ, route running, or any atribute that makes a wide receiver great all of a sudden doesn't become a factor with someone less than 200 lbs lol.
Most intelligent rational ppl aren't that binary in their thought process. It isn't as "linear", with clearly marked boundaries as some suggest. It is more like a bell curve.

For example, you give 4.3 recievers as a data point, and it is true that not all 4.3 guys are good receivers. On the other hand, there are far more good 4.4-4.6 recievers than there are 4.9 recievers. Logic dictates that as 40 timed speed increases, chances of being a viable NFL reciever decreases, and not as a linear function. There is a point in which the players lack of speed can not be consistently overcome by his other strengths.

We are really well positioned at #3 to either pick a stud or trade down for additional picks. As I’ve said on another post though we have to be careful not to drop too far and miss one the the projected top 3 WR.

I think Carolina is about as far as I would want us to drop and even that could be risky. You just never know what other teams will do.

I’d be happy with Sewell, Waddle , Smith or Chase as our first pick. I think they would make an immediate impact on our offense. The #18 pick is the real head scratcher? Many saying a RB at #18 is too high but Najee Harris just looks a difference maker and every down back?

I can’t wait for draft day. Fins up!

Funny, but in reality it has dramatically changed the world in which we live.

Every thing is either "shock" value, or confimation bias echo chambers.

The sad part is it goes far beyond sports, and has had a deleterious (IMO) effect on everything from news reporting to entertainment, not that there is much difference at this point.

Any pontificating beyond that would fall outside the purview and scope of this forum.

But yeah, most of our beat writers are clowns, and with this Dolphins administration, all the good ole boy network of contacts and leaks have vanished, so all they have is hot takes, and baseless speculation.

I don't feel sorry for them at all. Making six figures to spout poorly written fiction.........
Folks old enough realize it's a LOT different and in many ways not as good... Assimilation has its cost!

We are really well positioned at #3 to either pick a stud or trade down for additional picks. As I’ve said on another post though we have to be careful not to drop too far and miss one the the projected top 3 WR.

I think Carolina is about as far as I would want us to drop and even that could be risky. You just never know what other teams will do.

I’d be happy with Sewell, Waddle , Smith or Chase as our first pick. I think they would make an immediate impact on our offense. The #18 pick is the real head scratcher? Many saying a RB at #18 is too high but Najee Harris just looks a difference maker and every down back?

I can’t wait for draft day. Fins up!

I mostly agree. I think the depth at OT is pretty good this year, so I would wait on that. However, as you said, we seem to be in a good position whether we stay or trade down. I am hoping if we do trade down it is not further than Carolina. At #8 we should be able to get a playmaker. It might not be Smith, but it could be Waddle or Pitts and I would be okay with that.

Assimilation has its cost!

YRwl.gif

We are still drafting Sewell regardless what our views are on whether we need our line fixed or not, or whether is good enough as it is. Jackson is going to get better, but if we have the opportunity to draft a guy that fits naturally at left tackle with superior speed, and strength than Jackson then we will draft him, and move Jackson to the right. Move Hunt to RG which is his natural position. That gives our offensive line an automatic improvement. There isn't going to be a margical improvement on the line if we keep the same staff. Only individual improvements for guys like Jackson, or Hunt. Karras, or Flowers aren't gonna get any better. Kindley is another story, at left guard he isn't going to do any better than he did all year. Most of our lineman last year at their best still were average. Now if you move that oline around you will get better results.
The Fins are still building this team and everything need to come together, I don't think that the dolphins are to bypass a need and they do need playmakers for Tua or any other QB, so Wr would be at 3 would have to be dynamic, Waddle is the combination of Smith and Chase, Fins already have Parker and Williams, I would not trade down unless there was a receiver that might slide. You're trying to build a Championship team in one draft. The fins need playmakers that can threaten the field.

Fins have drafted 5 OL in the last 2 drafts. Maybe a little bit of patience would simply do it...
Good point, also add in that Jackson was 20 when drafted and played little his last year.

Back
Top Bottom