Dave Wannstedt On The Miami Dolphins Quarterback Position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave Wannstedt On The Miami Dolphins Quarterback Position

"and was a big reason why we were able to win 11 games the last two years."

I really think Wanny is satisfied with his own performance. He's the weak link IMO. His game planning sucks. Did you see all the DB's and CB's Billichick played against the Rams. Why didn't wanny think of that? I hope this is his last chance to advance further in the playoffs.

Dave on Ray Lucas
Like Jay, he has a good arm to get the ball downfield, and the athletic ability to pose a threat running as well.

LIKE JAY.....

Re: "and was a big reason why we were able to win 11 games the last two years."

Originally posted by Sherif
I really think Wanny is satisfied with his own performance. He's the weak link IMO. His game planning sucks. Did you see all the DB's and CB's Billichick played against the Rams. Why didn't wanny think of that? I hope this is his last chance to advance further in the playoffs.

I too question whether the coaches pulled their weight last season, particularly in games like the Jets when we we're 17-0 at halftime and in sight of ending the dreaded streak. There is a need to make constant adjustments on both sides of the lines.

With the Norv effect things may improve this year on the O-side and it's possible Wanny will make more decisions on the D-side. I have read an article to that effect. I'm a believer in the "chess match" theory. The coaches can make the difference.

Bellichick was awesome in the SB. :rocker:

Gazphin those are good observations. Bates has a good D to work with so they make him look good but it was clear when we were getting steam rolled by the 9ers that we were having a problem stopping the run and we should move in more troops to help. Heizenga needs to get tough with these coaches make them earn their pay.

Hey Sherif....
If you don't think these guys earn their pay, i'd lik to see you try and survive ONE WEEK in Wanny's shoes. Unless you have been an NFL Head Coach you really don't know what you're talking about. It is a demanding job, and for back-to-back 11-5 seasons with a division title thrown in to boot, I think he is doing a great job.

We might have some talent on the team, but we are far from being the most talented team in the league, so our consistancy at the top alone is the mark of hard work and acheivement.

It is a demanding job, and for back-to-back 11-5 seasons with a division title thrown in to boot, I think he is doing a great job.

Bodzilla, I know it's a demanding job with lots of responsibility that's why their paid millions of dollars and Im not qualified. But I can make my observations that Wanny is satisfied with being 11-5 and early exits from the playoffs. Thats his pennicle and he'd be happy with that every year. And as a fan I can also agree with Gazphin and say the coaches are slow to make adjustments and often are not game planning well.

Bod, I agree with you to a point. The fact that we allowed so many teams to just pound us with the run, that to me shows stubborness in sticking with a plan that isn't working.

I like to see a coordinator move with the game. If they are killing you with the run, put 8 in the box, MAKE them beat you with something else, don't just sit back and HOPE we will stop the run with what hasn't worked up until that point.

Parcells was a genious when it came to that...I just hope Wanny and Co. change it up more this season.

"Thats his pennicle and he'd be happy with that every year."

Please enlighten me as to where you got that JUNK? You don't think Wanny wants a SB MORE than you or I?

As for not gameplanning well, it has long been Miami's coordinators belief that you use what is good for you and not make adjustments that you are not comfortable doing.

2 years ago we were just about the best 3rd qtr team in the NFL! We made great adjustments at halftime. Can you dispute that?

What happened last year? Bates changed his style and devolved, no doubt he dropped the ball, so to speak. Gailey, and I don't want to really imply anything I have no knowledge about, but you have to imagine that he had one eye on a Head Coaching job somewhere, and late in the season when he got one and had to recruit, you KNOW he wasn't 100% thinking Dolphins.

Bod, I've already quoted where I find that he's happy with his accomplishment where he says we won 11 games etc. I agree with you about Bates Devolved...we still had a top ranked D but it wasn't good enough...injuries etc...and Gailey may have had his mind somewhere else. But ultimately it's Wanny's responsibility and he may have only 1 or 2 years to take the Phins to the next level before he's replaced.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29

What happened last year? Bates changed his style and devolved, no doubt he dropped the ball, so to speak. Gailey, and I don't want to really imply anything I have no knowledge about, but you have to imagine that he had one eye on a Head Coaching job somewhere, and late in the season when he got one and had to recruit, you KNOW he wasn't 100% thinking Dolphins.

Well I think there is some disappointment in Bates but not enough to fire him. Remember after the season how Wanny said he was going to get more involved with the defense and help change some of the defensive schemes? There was also that rumor that Wanny was not impressed with Bates lack of bringing up the safeties after he pretty much openly stated the safeties were going to come up more in the last couple games.

I think Turner's one of the best OC's in the business, but I don't have too much respect for Wanny. He left the Bears in shambles & inherited JJ's Fins. He has yet to prove that he's a coach that can get a team over the top.

If he has yet to prove he can coach, how the hell was HE COACH OF THE YEAR IN THE NFL? By accident? Wanny's downfall is his personnel decisions, which is why we have Spielman here.

Bates is on thin ice, Turner is top notch. Wanny can coach, he just shouldn't be the guy picking the players he coaches.

You get coach of the year by your team having a successful season. Sometimes that's good coaching. Sometimes you get lucky....

I don't believe in luck....good or bad.....i don't believe in karma, or zodiac signs....it's all hogwash....

Football has no such thing as luck. It doesn't exist.

Wanny did the job, and if you can't realize that, too bad. He has the award. That is proof enough that he has some ability.

Back
Top Bottom