Dave Wannstedt Post-Practice Press Conference Transcript | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave Wannstedt Post-Practice Press Conference Transcript

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Dave Wannstedt Post-Practice Press Conference Transcript
On Wednesday’s practice) – “Practice was good. When you’re playing a division opponent for the second time around, you do know the opponent pretty good. They haven’t changed coordinators is a couple of years, so we feel like we know them pretty well, what they like to do to us, and what they like to do in all phases of the game. But you for sure as heck don’t take anything for granted. You make sure that you try to stay one step ahead of what their thinking might be, because it changes a little bit every week. The guys were good today. Junior (Seau) came out and practiced. Rob Burnett is doubtful and did not practice. Tim Bowens did not practice. He was out there for the walk-through this morning. He came out and watched practice today. We’ll just take it day to day with him. Everybody’s thaton the [injury] list practiced.â€Â

(On if coaches pour over every single call that happened in a game, similar to what Tony Dungy did when he kicked off to New England’s Bethel Johnson last week) – “Sure. You pour over every call since I’ve been a head coach. You put so much into it, and every play is so meaningful, from an extra point to a touchdown pass. There’s no such thing as a non-important play in this game. Games are won and lost in different ways every wee.â€Â

Bad news: Rob Burnett is hurt, may not play.:(

Good news: David Bowens has had 21 days of practice and will see his first action of the season.
Fresh legs on a speed rusher.....can't wait to see it.:)

Wasnt David Bowens not very good in our DE rotation last season? I was under the impression both Williams and Burnett were better?

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Wasnt David Bowens not very good in our DE rotation last season? I was under the impression both Williams and Burnett were better?

he's not that great (bowens d) but remember tim bowens might not play so zganina is a speed rusher

we'll do just fine, their running game is soft, we just need to put points on the board

if we score 3 td's and 2 or more fg's we win, for sure, no more bs, this one is ours

Anytime Bowens has been in he has played well as far as I recall. He's shown flashes of being very good when healthy.

I think this is really good news but, like everything else, we'll see. :)

Originally posted by Disgustipate

David Bowens only problem has been his inability to stay healthy. Williams and Burnett are bigger and thus get the DT positions when we switch up to our four-DE alignment. But, nearly every time Bowens gets a chance he seems to make a play.

If he can stay healthy I don't think we will miss Ogun too much next season if he is signed away from us.

Yeah, D Bo was suppose to start last season at LE until Adewale had that 8 Sack Pre-Season, then the starting position was granted to Wale.

I remember the coaches talking about how explosive a pass rusher he is, I do remember him grabbing a sack last year in the first game against the patties.

Originally posted by grooves12

David Bowens only problem has been his inability to stay healthy. Williams and Burnett are bigger and thus get the DT positions when we switch up to our four-DE alignment. But, nearly every time Bowens gets a chance he seems to make a play.

Speaking of that 4 defensive end alignment the phins deploy at times, I seem to remember D-Bo making several big plays behind the line of scrimmage with his quickness the few times he manned one of the tackle positions last year. He also made numerous bone-crushing and ball-jarring special teams hits, especially on kick-off coverage.

Originally posted by Section126
I remember the coaches talking about how explosive a pass rusher he is, I do remember him grabbing a sack last year in the first game against the patties.

Our first game last year was against Detroit...

If David Bowens knew how to get off a ladder he could be a good backup DE. Bowens has some talent, but hasn't had much of a chance to show it off.

If Burnett can't play, I am guessing that we will see Bowens in passing situations when we put 4 DEs in the game.

Back
Top Bottom