davewannstedt | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

davewannstedt

In 1989 didn't we drafted Sammie Smith. Umm....

PhinDude88 said:
Must we speakth of that name?
Back in November there was about as many Wanny threads as there are Ricky Williams threads today. I think we're used to Wanny threads by now.

thenicksabanera said:
i don't know but i just read it and i was like what i thought dw would of learn from don shula but i guest not

Heh,heh... If his own son, Dave, couldn't learn anything from him after being around him all his life. Then there isn't much chance for a guy like Wannstedt to learn anything after being around him for 1 year. :wink:

byroan said:
First I heard about it. So basically we've been screwed since 1989.

omg damn that freak sucks man no wonder he was hired so quick after jj resign:fire: :yell: :shakeno:

Let's not forget that Wanstedt was a great defensive mind as a coordinator, just sucked @$$ as a head coach.

thenicksabanera said:
yes sir go to dolphins history is said that dave wannsedt was a linebacker coach under shula in 1989 before he went to dallas

This would explain why we did not have a good defense during tat time. lol;)

yeah is freak dw fault that dan marino couldn't win a superbowl ring cause he thought the defense was good but it actually wasn't it

OurHeartAndSoul said:
Let's not forget that Wanstedt was a great defensive mind as a coordinator, just sucked @$$ as a head coach.

He was overrated as a defensive mind. Jimmy Johnson was basically the defensive coordinator on the great Dallas teams. Wanny was a caretaker.

Skip Bayless wrote a great article on this very subject (Wanny's defensive coordinator skills) but I can't find the damn thing.

OurHeartAndSoul said:

a great defensive mind that couldnt spell the word "adjustment"... hmm they are really killimg you, whats your plan...."well we'll keep doing what we've been doing, and hopefully it will work..cause remeber punting is not a crime"-

Before you all get too upset about Wanny one time being our LB coach, while he technically was, he never practically was. Don hired him for the job, but before he ever got to coach for us in that role, JJ hired him away to be his DC in Dallas. It all happened in a span of less than two months as I recall. If you check the media guide, his only asst role listed there is as asst head coach in 1999.

Wanny would make a pretty decent Indian....just not much of a chief. In other words..give him a job to do, spell out the way you want it done, and he will give you an honest days work. But if the job requires him to think on his own and make decisions, then you are screwed. The fact that Shula had him in camp for a couple of months as a LB coach doesnt bother me. The fact that it took Wayne 5 years to realize Dave wasnt head coach/GM material does.

unifiedtheory said:
He was overrated as a defensive mind. Jimmy Johnson was basically the defensive coordinator on the great Dallas teams. Wanny was a caretaker.

Skip Bayless wrote a great article on this very subject (Wanny's defensive coordinator skills) but I can't find the damn thing.

not that his article may be wrong, but...

i would never take anything skip bayless has to say seriously. he is a sensationalist.

DOLPHAN1 said:
no. the name you need to blame is olivadatti. he ruined the D during that time.
"ruin" wasn't the word for what Tom did to the D. we would've been better off not even having guys on the field for the D, that way dan would get the ball back in his hands sooner. :fire:

Back
Top Bottom