David Boston News | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Boston News

I hope we end up getting him back and paying him the Vet min, I don't think it'll hurt us. Though San Francisco not being that interested in him with thier WR core seems like a bad sign.

painnotpleasure said:
I hope we end up getting him back and paying him the Vet min, I don't think it'll hurt us. Though San Francisco not being that interested in him with thier WR core seems like a bad sign.

It's not a question of WR corps. Boston is trouble..Everybody has doubts now as if he really took steroids, he beat up some people too, plus he gets injured too often.....
Sullivan would be a liar if he advised Saban not to keep Boston and then signing him after we release him.

SF showed interest weeks ago, don't they have our ex-receivers coach? I think that's why they'd be interested even though he himself said Boston was done. I hope we get Boston back.

there is only one team for Boston...The Raiders...what a freakin' headcase

I have a hard time believing that a guy like Boston could be done. Teams draft guys only dreaming of the type of production that Boston has done. We all know he is a head case and has injury problems, but some team will and should take a chance at this guy because of his production alone.

Trackstar#6 said:
Don't count out Boston too quickly, he is still very young and extremely talented.

Agreed. It would be a steal at vet minimum.

I`d like to see him stay here at the right price. Nobody`s seen what he can do in a Dolphins uniform, and everyone seems to forget he was practicing, and looking good in camp last year before his injury. Give him a shot.

The chances are if the 49ers sign Boston prior to the draft it would just about guarentee Aaron Rodgers going #1. Right now the 49ers are flipping a coin between Rodgers and Braylon Edwards. Alex Smith is no longer front runner for the #1 slot and if you don't believe me go check out S.I..com they have an article there with an interview with Nolan from the malabu weekend recently and he basicly stated that they are definetly leaning toward Rodgers if they go QB come draft day, although he is no lock just yet. Edwards is someone the organization is high on and is most certainly and option for them. Regardless of what happens though we are pretty much in a win win situation.

If the 49ers pick up Boston they will most likely go QB draft day meaning that Edwards will become a realistic option for the Dolphins also depending on how the RB situtation pans out between now and then. The chances of the 49ers picking up Boston and then Edwards on draft day are somewhat slim. The 49ers aren't going to want to invest so much in WR with so many youngsters already on the roster (B.Lloyd, R.Woods, D.Hamilton etc.). The more WR's they sign the less time they are going to have in devoloping what they have, so personally I'd be surprised if they went that route.

On the other hand if the 49ers do not become sold on Boston and decide to draft Edwards it's still a postive for us because it would obviously increase the chances of us signing Boston to the league minium giving us solid depth at the postion while allowing us to explore trade down options and/or filling other holes on the roster.

So as you can see we can't lose.

its because serroids where band. he is still a good powerful WR but next year he will be playing 3WR if anything form miami

painnotpleasure said:

especially since Jerry Sullivan is their WR coach, and he was ours for one season last year - which is why we got Boston in the first place (he wanted to play w/ his old coach - thought he made him a better player). Wonder what is going on here exactly - I did hear that Sullivan didn't exactly give Boston a glowing review when he joined the 49ers - he also didn't recommend him to Saban. Be interesting to see how this plays out. The guy has incredible talent. He needs to forget about the bulk....do a ton of cardio and get in shape, so he can stay healthy.

Right now the 49ers are flipping a coin between Rodgers and Braylon Edwards. Alex Smith is no longer front runner for the #1 slot and if you don't believe me go check out S.I..com they have an article there with an interview with Nolan from the malabu weekend recently and he basicly stated that they are definetly leaning toward Rodgers if they go QB come draft day, although he is no lock just yet.

I don't believe a word of that. That has the look of a smokescreen NO DOUBT. Although I hope it is true because that means we are just about dialed in on Smith. The pothead talk may be indicating that Saban really DOES think he comes back and we can get value for him in some way, so maybe go QB and take a RB later. Barber? C4?

dont count out boston. he is still young and has alot of skill left to show. imo he would be a better option than drafting a WR in the 1st round

Trackstar#6 said:
Don't count out Boston too quickly, he is still very young and extremely talented.

Thank you! Too many people are counting him out. I think he has a lot left in the tank...though he may need to clear out the steroids first!:lol:

fear-the-d said:
dont count out boston. he is still young and has alot of skill left to show. imo he would be a better option than drafting a WR in the 1st round

You may be right. Drafting a wr in the 1st round would mean the phins would have to pay big money. If Boston does not get any bites on the FA market, we could indeed get him back very cheap in a low risk situation.

Not to mention the guy was a monster over in Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom