David Boston Reality Check | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Boston Reality Check

dolfanmark

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
2002- Arrested in March for operating under the influence of marijuana and cocaine, found with 2 bags of cocaine in his car. Season ends when he suffers 2 tears in his right patellar tendon. Earlier in the season, was not 100% because he was nursing an injury to the Lis Franc tendon in his foot.

2003- Boston is suspended for 1 game for conduct detrimental to the team. His personality clashes with team coaches, including head coach Schottenheimer, leads to his being traded to the Dolphins for a 6th round pick and Jamar Fletcher, with San Diego willing to eat more than $6M in salary.

2004- Boston misses 3 days of QB School due to a shin injury that the Dolphins blame on Boston being "heavier than he needs to be." In the first week of training camp, Boston tears his left patellar tendon and is lost for the season. In October, Boston is arrested on assault charges. In December, Boston is suspended by the NFL for violating their steroid policy.

If David Boston is healthy, happy, and off drugs (including steroids), then he's likely to make a major impact for the Dolphins. But, it would be extremely optimistic to count on Boston to do anything but cause disappointment. That's what his track record is. This could be a fantastic signing. But, I'm not getting my hopes up.

dolfanmark said:
But, it would be extremely optimistic to count on Boston to do anything but cause disappointment. That's what his track record is. This could be a fantastic signing. But, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I think you nailed it bud...

Think the worste that way if it happens your not disapointed. But if he works out, it'll be a great Bonus! :D

Yay. More pessimists who feel the need to post ANOTHER Boston thread.

Why not give the guy the benefit of the doubt, shut your trap about the past, and maybe give him some credit. What do you have against the guy? He has been a productive #1 in this league (Yes, a pro-bowler even) so how can anyone find a negative in a CHEAP contract that gives us a potent WR group? Mind-boggling..

Mod Note: No one here directs another member to "shut your trap". This is a warning. Any additional inappropriate comment will get you time off the boards.

P4E

Justasportsfan said:
incoming!!!

ROFLMAO ... naa will leave this thread alone to the negative aspects of Boston's signing. Cause there could be a couple. Then again ... if he is ready to roll then its off to the races.

Dolfan1000 said:

Why not give the guy the benefit of the doubt, shut your trap about the past, and maybe give him some credit. What do you have against the guy? He has been a productive #1 in this league (Yes, a pro-bowler even) so how can anyone find a negative in a CHEAP contract that gives us a potent WR group? Mind-boggling..

LOL, even the pessimists need a place to post too. I mean not everyone can see the glass half full and after last year will probably have a few more than normal.

Dolfan1000 said:
If only Bills fans could find their own place to post...
So you can hold hands and sing Kumbayah all day? Sorry, I hate that song.

Justasportsfan said:

:roflmao:
Justa isnt just a Bills fan, he is just a knowledgeable football fan with bad taste. One day he will see the light ... everyone grab hands now and sing for Justa ... Kumbayah .....

Dolfan1000 said:

So we're supposed to forget about the past but you bring up the fact that he WAS a pro-bowler? Yeah, he comes cheap because baggage don't cost much. He's a probable cancer in the locker room and on the field. Class still matters to me as a Dolfan

Justasportsfan said:

Exactly- you ruin the karma.

Kumbaya, My Lord
Kumbaya
Kumbaya, My Lord
Kumbaya

Ohhhhhh Lorddd... the bills suck

Wishfishin said:
So we're supposed to forget about the past but you bring up the fact that he WAS a pro-bowler? Yeah, he comes cheap because baggage don't cost much. He's a probable cancer in the locker room and on the field. Class still matters to me as a Dolfan

No offense but if it is character issues you have a problem with about Boston then you should really love this story about Abram Elam.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-abram051805,0,3064348.story

Back
Top Bottom