David Bowens Update | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Bowens Update

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Bowens said he jumped down from a four-foot countertop in his bathroom after changing a light bulb and felt a pop in his knee. The result was a torn ACL that will keep Bowens out until at least November. Link

The Dolphins are expected to reach agreement with injured defensive end David Bowens on a restructured contract by the end of preseason.

Bowens suffered a knee injury last month in a home accident and is on the active/non-football injury list, which means the Dolphins aren't required to pay his $530,000 base salary.

But that doesn't send a good message to Bowens or other players, so look for the Dolphins to pay him provided he is willing to make a change to his three-year contract.

One possibility is Bowens agreeing to a salary greatly reduced from the $1.6 million he was to earn in 2004. Link

This is very good for us. If he restructures, we are going to have some extra cap room next year.

WTF is THIS????

Bowens said he jumped down from a four-foot countertop in his bathroom after changing a light bulb and felt a pop in his knee. The result was a torn ACL that will keep Bowens out until at least November.

What happened to the thirty-foot ladder???????????

OMG... this means that thread from hell was all for naught!!!

Funny how the story keeps changing. Next we'll hear it happened on a top-secret mission for the government.

Still this was pretty idiotic on D Bowens part ! When you are a professional in ANY sport and with the potential to make a large salary.,, you don't take stupid chances like this ....:rolleyes:

Not only does this hurt D Bowens playing time and in the wallet,,, it hurts the plans defensively for the team Bowens was to be utilized in !!!!!:yell:

Marino1983

Terrible injury to the team but

Mo Money :dance: Mo Money :dance:

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
WTF is THIS????

Funny how the story keeps changing. Next we'll hear it happened on a top-secret mission for the government.

That thread was all for not anyway. We were about three tangents off topic by the end of it. :)

Okay, now that the story before was BS, I guess everyone on here with far-fetched ideas of what really happened wasn't so fetched after all! Geez, how lame.

Heh just goes to show that you can get this type of injury off of any height. Heck he coulda jumped down a half foot but if you land awkwardly .........you land awkwardly.

I agree with VanDolPhan-

He *should* have been able to jump down four feet without getting hurt. Think about a game or even a practice situation- his joints and ligaments must go under a heck of a lot more pounding than a four foot drop. I think its an accident and one of those random things that you can't question because there is no logical reason why the injury occurred.

WTF is THIS????

Aren't MBoards fun? :D

Oliver...

Originally posted by Muck

That thread was all for not anyway. We were about three tangents off topic by the end of it. :)

Okay, gang... now we have to compare notes and experiences all over again.

I've climbed mountains and high ladders, roofed houses with woefully inadequate scaffolds and safety set-ups... but I'm not sure if I or anyone in my family has clambered up on the bathroom vanity... stared into the abyss... swallowed hard... taken that plunge, throwing caution to the mild draft of the bathroom fan... and survived.

I say it was too risky, and he should have hired a pro bulb-changer with proper vanity-scaling equipment and experience. What do you all think?

I've climbed mountains and high ladders, roofed houses with woefully inadequate scaffolds and safety set-ups... but I'm not sure if I or anyone in my family has clambered up on the bathroom vanity... stared into the abyss... swallowed hard... taken that plunge, throwing caution to the mild draft of the bathroom fan... and survived.

I say it was too risky, and he should have hired a pro bulb-changer with proper vanity-scaling equipment and experience. What do you all think?
:lol:

WTF is THIS????

I keep telling you guys that the real story was that he was dog sitting Brian Griese's dog. The truth will come sooner or later.

I thought about becoming a "Pro bulb-changer" after I retire. I would of changed his bulbs for only $140.00 each. Man...he was a fool not to call a professional "Pro bulb-changer". He should be kicked off the team...or worse...sent to the jets. :lol:

:stupid:

Back
Top Bottom