David Greene | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Greene

fishypete said:
SEC...Big deal....the national champs are on the west coast....Lefors is the same size as Brees....of course you'll tell me you wouldn't want Brees right?
Lefors was beating the Hurricanes....before he became injured...has Greene ever come close to beating a team like Miami? Lefors was the top rated passer last season....not Greene. I guess all the experts and GM's are wrong...and a few here are right...about Greene....it's a mistake he'll be a 4th or 5th round selection...since he's a great SEC QB.

Lefors isn't the same height as Brees. Brees is 6'2 and Lefors is 5'11-6'.

7, we checked this out and both were 6'. LeFors height was measured at the Senior Bowl. Every place I looked showed both Brees and Vick at ft. even. I was liking LeFors but I'm starting to like Greene better.

Hostile7 said:
Lefors isn't the same height as Brees. Brees is 6'2 and Lefors is 5'11-6'.

Get your facts right....Brees is 6.000....thats from the Chargers site from the NFL.com.....and Lefors was measured at 6.002 208 at the combine.

KB21 said:
Sorry, but I watched that competition. Aaron Rodgers threw the ball out of bounds on the distance throws, whereas David Greene threw it 65 yards right down the middle. Rodgers didn't blow him away on the distance throws.

You must have been stoned, because Rodgers took home the plasma TV for both the accuracy and long distance throw, in fact Rodgers was the only QB there who had a long ball count because it was Greene and the other QB's who couldn't throw a long ball in the acceptable range for accuracy. If you'd care to find a third party on here to hold our bet money I'd be happy to wager any amount you'd like?

Pete is right. We went through this in great detail. Don't get KB started on LeFors though. He's VERY underwhelmed!!! I like a player that accomplished alot at his school and if he did it for 4 years that's even better. Benson will be a little like Edge IMO but with a little more power. He will star in the NFL somewhere. Greene busted the record book and is the right size to play in the NFL. If we can't trade down, we should pick Benson or Ronnie Brown at #2 and then hope Greene is there when we pick next. After that hope for Shazor or a killer o-lineman or DT.

BSQX4 said:
Pete is right. We went through this in great detail. Don't get KB started on LeFors though. He's VERY underwhelmed!!! I like a player that accomplished alot at his school and if he did it for 4 years that's even better. Benson will be a little like Edge IMO but with a little more power. He will star in the NFL somewhere. Greene busted the record book and is the right size to play in the NFL. If we can't trade down, we should pick Benson or Ronnie Brown at #2 and then hope Greene is there when we pick next. After that hope for Shazor or a killer o-lineman or DT.

If you want a left handed Bledsoe....select Greene.

BlueFin said:
You must have been stoned, because Rodgers took home the plasma TV for both the accuracy and long distance throw, in fact Rodgers was the only QB there who had a long ball count because it was Greene and the other QB's who couldn't throw a long ball in the acceptable range for accuracy. If you'd care to find a third party on here to hold our bet money I'd be happy to wager any amount you'd like?

Since I recorded it on DVD....I have to agree with Blue....Rodgers stole the show.

fishypete said:
Since I recorded it on DVD....I have to agree with Blue....Rodgers stole the show.

Shhh Pete, your were supposed to wait until KB took the bet, I was gonna drop by Gulf Harbors and let you hold the bet money..............:lol:

BlueFin said:
Shhh Pete, your were supposed to wait until KB took the bet, I was gonna drop by Gulf Harbors and let you hold the bet money..............:lol:

O'well....maybe I can get him on another bet? After hearing Spears last night on the NFL show, I'm going to be totally shocked if Saban doesn't pick him.
So Keith...wanna bet Spears is the Dolphins player in round one? Taken with the 10th pick...most likely. I know there's times when coach's and players become friendly....but fishing buddies? Welcome Mr. Spears...to the Miami Dolphins.

fishypete said:
O'well....maybe I can get him on another bet? After hearing Spears last night on the NFL show, I'm going to be totally shocked if Saban doesn't pick him.
So Keith...wanna bet Spears is the Dolphins player in round one? Taken with the 10th pick...most likely. I know there's times when coach's and players become friendly....but fishing buddies? Welcome Mr. Spears...to the Miami Dolphins.

Well, he said he didn't have any "brother-in-laws" but he didn't say anything about "fishing buddies"........could be?

BlueFin said:
Well, he said he didn't have any "brother-in-laws" but he didn't say anything about "fishing buddies"........could be?

And if you think about it....Spears slightly injures himself....just enough to make the other teams have a concern....nice plan. Plenty of great fishing in Florida...LOL.

BSQX4 said:
By the way he was the winningest division 1-A QB in NCAA history with 42 victories surpassing Peyton Mannings' 39. He is excellent in play action faking, has a quick release and is a lefty. The mocks I see have him OUT of the top 10 QBs. He looks awesome on paper. Who knows why he's rated so low?
Having attended an SEC school (U of S Carolina) I got to see him live a couple times and on TV quite a bit. His biggest problems are arm strength and that he tends to push the ball more than just let it rip which leads to a lot of deflections and his wr's taking some hits since it doesnt get there as quick as it could. He wouldnt be a bad pick on early day 2 and I like the fact he doesnt make mistakes. I think theres a chance he could be a good NFL qb if he lands in a system tailored to what he does well; work the intermediate passing game, manage games well, and not make mistakes. But then again we've tried that approach before.

The other big problem is that when picking on day 1, most coaches want a qb that can go win games for them, not play not to lose which is something that a qb like greene does not bring to the table at this point. Hes not someone you say "2 minute drill, its on your shoulders Greene" like you would a Manning or Vick. At least not at this point.

dolphingator said:
His problem is that he just isn't any good. Product of the system, and the system was flawed to begin with. No doubt that georgia had big-time talent the last 3-4 years but they are a bunch of underachievers. Without the other talents on that team you would never hear about greene.

Saban knows that too.

Get away from this idea!!! We don't want the guy!

At least on football matters, have to agree with KB. He's a quality QB. And dolphingator, aren't you just a little biased being a Florida Fan? Georgia may underachieve as a team, but they produce quality NFL players. Check the NFL rosters for Georgia players, hell, they gave us Randy McMichael.

BSQX4 said:
I like his passer rating, 138.3 for his career. How could he not stand out winning all those games? When you watch the Pats do you think Brady stands out or does he just win?

Ive been saying this for the longest. David Greene is a sleeper at the position. Whoever, gets him and I hope it's us will truly be better for picking him. I think the problem is this. Most dolphin fans are fans of the local college teams like FS, UM and Florida.....You saw what DG and them JawJa Dawgs did to Florida. So....they hate on Greene...just a theory.....and a cheap shot.

Back
Top Bottom