David Greene | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Greene

BSQX4

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I noticed that KB has Greene as the #3 on his mock. I read up on the guy and WOW, he seems unreal. 4 straight Bowl Games for Georgia, the guy hardly ever throws picks, he was outstanding as a Freshman and he's prototype size. Why don't we hear more about him?? I've only seen him play 2 or 3 games so I'm looking for some people that have somemore firsthand info on the guy. Do we want him at #3?

By the way he was the winningest division 1-A QB in NCAA history with 42 victories surpassing Peyton Mannings' 39. He is excellent in play action faking, has a quick release and is a lefty. The mocks I see have him OUT of the top 10 QBs. He looks awesome on paper. Who knows why he's rated so low?

I've watched several of his games. His problem is he doesn't stand out. He was a great college QB, but I don't see him as a starter in the NFL. I see a career backup. Who knows? He may be the next Tom Brady or the next Dorsey or Weurful (sp?).

His problem is that he just isn't any good. Product of the system, and the system was flawed to begin with. No doubt that georgia had big-time talent the last 3-4 years but they are a bunch of underachievers. Without the other talents on that team you would never hear about greene.

Saban knows that too.

Get away from this idea!!! We don't want the guy!

I like his passer rating, 138.3 for his career. How could he not stand out winning all those games? When you watch the Pats do you think Brady stands out or does he just win?

average arm strength average accuracy, not mobile... just another productive college QB, might work out in the pros though, hes a gamble, but any qb you take after round 3 or later usually is... id take him in the 3rd if we get a RB first round...

BSQX4 said:
I noticed that KB has Greene as the #3 on his mock. I read up on the guy and WOW, he seems unreal. 4 straight Bowl Games for Georgia, the guy hardly ever throws picks, he was outstanding as a Freshman and he's prototype size. Why don't we hear more about him?? I've only seen him play 2 or 3 games so I'm looking for some people that have somemore firsthand info on the guy. Do we want him at #3?

Poor mobility, not a real powerful arm. A good second day gamble.

BSQX4 said:

Yea man he'd be my choice for QB in this draft esp. if Smith goes #1.

David Greene has the best pocket presence of any quarterback in the draft. The guy is also automatic in the two minute drill. I've never seen him get flustered in the pocket.

During his career, David Greene engineered 7 fourth quarter comebacks. Five of those were against nationally ranked teams. His career record is 42-9 in 51 starts. He holds SEC records in total yards from scrimmage in a career and the most consecutive passes without an interception.

He's a four year starter with excellent field vision, a good arm, and terrific quarterbacking instincts. Scouts know this, and Nick Saban knows this. David Greene will go off the board in the late 2nd to early 3rd round area, and I believe this is the quarterback Nick Saban would like to get.

KB21 said:
David Greene has the best pocket presence of any quarterback in the draft. The guy is also automatic in the two minute drill. I've never seen him get flustered in the pocket.

During his career, David Greene engineered 7 fourth quarter comebacks. Five of those were against nationally ranked teams. His career record is 42-9 in 51 starts. He holds SEC records in total yards from scrimmage in a career and the most consecutive passes without an interception.

He's a four year starter with excellent field vision, a good arm, and terrific quarterbacking instincts. Scouts know this, and Nick Saban knows this. David Greene will go off the board in the late 2nd to early 3rd round area, and I believe this is the quarterback Nick Saban would like to get.

Thats nice KB, and we all know you are high on him, but I have to ask..........

If his talent is so apparent, if he is so good, why isn't he a possible first rounder or even a likely second rounder?

There certainly must be flaws in his game that bother NFL personnel men that he is considered a borderline second day pick.

Also, I would add that Mark Richt has built a very talented Georgia team in his years there, I doubt there were too many Saturdays that David Greene wasn't standing behind the best team on the field.

BlueFin said:
Thats nice KB, and we all know you are high on him, but I have to ask..........

If his talent is so apparent, if he is so good, why isn't he a possible first rounder or even a likely second rounder?

There certainly must be flaws in his game that bother NFL personnel men that he is considered a borderline second day pick.

The same reason Tom Brady wasn't rated high by some, even though I had him as the #2 quarterback in the 2000 draft. He isn't flashy enough. Too many people have gotten caught up into the mobility aspect that they knock a guy who has absolute perfect passing instincts.

He's a borderline second day pick only in the minds of some fans and so called draftniks out there, when in fact, he's currently battling Jason Campbell and Charlie Frye to be the third quarterback picked. Greene is definitely ahead of the highly overrated Adrian McPherson and the relatively underrated Andrew Walter.

I know for a fact that Green Bay is looking at David Greene as a possible late second round pick if they can't get Frye, and Nick Saban has taken a major interest in him as well. Even Odell Thurman made the statement that Nick Saban was paying more attention to David Greene and the receivers at Georgia when they worked out for Miami.

There's the man himself! Thanks KB, I'm starting to like him alot. You can't accomplish all that he did as a 4 year starter for Georgia and not be pro-material. Coach Richt is a guy we know very well in S. Florida because of his years at UM. Greene has been schooled well. I like the quick release because that negates the lack of mobility, look at Marino, he had little mobility but the blitz rarely got to him because the ball was gone. I like the scouting report that talked about his superior ball handling skills in the play action game. This translates well to the pros. The fact that he's a lefty takes some pressure off LT protecting his blindside. McDougle will do the job at RT keeping him clean. I'm really starting to get on this bandwagon. Thanks KB!

How many times have we seen College QBs who have led their teams to multiple conference championships and even national championships with great records and statistics not being able to make it in the NFL ?.

He could fit in an NFL team that needs a game manager type of QB but I dont see him carrying a team.IMO he needs a lot of talent around him.

His leadership and field vision are qualities that will attract some teams and I agree he will be a first day pick perhaps going in the late second round.

BSQX4 said:
There's the man himself! Thanks KB, I'm starting to like him alot. You can't accomplish all that he did as a 4 year starter for Georgia and not be pro-material. Coach Richt is a guy we know very well in S. Florida because of his years at UM. Greene has been schooled well. I like the quick release because that negates the lack of mobility, look at Marino, he had little mobility but the blitz rarely got to him because the ball was gone. I like the scouting report that talked about his superior ball handling skills in the play action game. This translates well to the pros. The fact that he's a lefty takes some pressure off LT protecting his blindside. McDougle will do the job at RT keeping him clean. I'm really starting to get on this bandwagon. Thanks KB!

Richt was at FSU I believe.

Back
Top Bottom