David Johnson: “rosen Will Be Dominant” | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Johnson: “rosen Will Be Dominant”

Manning was a great QB...but even in his 3rd season he couldn’t raise his team above a pretender like Miami was in 2000 in the playoffs.

His numbers were very good but not stunning until the rules changes of 2007.

His numbers were always fantastic. He threw 26 touchdowns, 26 touchdowns, then 33 touchdowns his first three seasons. This being back in the late 90s. If I had to guess, the only person to throw for more touchdowns in their first 3 years up to that point was probably Dan Marino.

He threw for 49 touchdowns in 2004, before the rules change. He never threw for less than 26 touchdowns. We need to stop this comparison, tear down approach. Rosen isn't going to be Peyton, and that's OK.

"Manning set records as a rookie, but those picks!!, Rosen can be great because Manning threw a lot of picks"

That's what I read when people post that stuff.

His numbers were always fantastic. He threw 26 touchdowns, 26 touchdowns, then 33 touchdowns his first three seasons. This being back in the late 90s. If I had to guess, the only person to throw for more touchdowns in their first 3 years up to that point was probably Dan Marino.

He threw for 49 touchdowns in 2004, before the rules change. He never threw for less than 26 touchdowns. We need to stop this comparison, tear down approach. Rosen isn't going to be Peyton, and that's OK.

That's my whole point. I'm not bashing Josh Rosen. He was a great HS qb and a good college qb.

I just don't like seeing exceptions to the norm touted as specifics of how Rosen can be elite. When all the examples are from 80s and 90s when playing qb was harder.

Even though Rosen won the same 3 Manning did in 3 less games, maybe it is unfair to Rosen to compare them. I don't believe Rosen ever stuck his balls in a female trainer's face at college.

Maybe first draft pick Steve Young is a better comparison. Young, the #1 overall pick was miserable in TB his first 2 years 3-16 with 11TDs and 21 Ints with Leeman Bennett as his coach. But we know the end of this happy story when he got to SF with Bill Walsh as his HC, and Roger Craig and Jerry Rice as offensive assets. What a difference a competent team and outstanding HC made for him.

If our coaching stands up, and that includes QB whisperer Jim Caldwell and we can put a pocket around who Mike Mayock called the best pure pocket passer coming out of college he's seen in several years, who's to say Rosen can't emulate Steve Young's trajectory.

Even though Rosen won the same 3 Manning did in 3 less games, maybe it is unfair to Rosen to compare them. I don't believe Rosen ever stuck his balls in a female trainer's face at college.

Maybe first draft pick Steve Young is a better comparison. Young, the #1 overall pick was miserable in TB his first 2 years 3-16 with 11TDs and 21 Ints with Leeman Bennett as his coach. But we know the end of this happy story when he got to SF with Bill Walsh as his HC, and Roger Craig and Jerry Rice as offensive assets. What a difference a competent team and outstanding HC made for him.

If our coaching stands up, and that includes QB whisperer Jim Caldwell and we can put a pocket around who Mike Mayock called the best pure pocket passer coming out of college he's seen in several years, who's to say Rosen can't emulate Steve Young's trajectory.

Nobody is saying he can't, but this team doesn't have a coach worth a 16th to Bill Walsh.

Steve Young is great, but hes an exception. Theres been more terrible rookies who stayed terrible. Henne wasn't Brees because he had a bad year one that this place touted for years.

It's ok to be confident in the move and hell I am. Miami killed it in this trade, but we dont need to take it to extremes to make it seem better than what it already is.

I long for the days where we argue who is playing better between two guys in no pads, during install, in.....May. Going back and forth about whether or not "praise" from a player you don't know, never met, and know nothing about other than his football career is beyond off-season ridiculous...
Ok let’s talk about colours - do you like Aqua?

Sorry don’t buy it I don’t compare proven HOF QBs with guys this young it is not fair to the player to put even more pressure on them. As it is he won’t be throwing much from the pocket unless they boast a better C, RG, and RT

Sorry don’t buy it I don’t compare proven HOF QBs with guys this young it is not fair to the player to put even more pressure on them. As it is he won’t be throwing much from the pocket unless they boast a better C, RG, and RT
LIkewise, it's abjectly unfair to predict Rosen's failure given what he had to work with last season, the accolades he's received from Fitz and Johnson, the poor coaching including 2 new systems from 2 new OCs. Just because he put up bad numbers under those conditions, just like with Steve Young, you cannot project a failed career.

LIkewise, it's abjectly unfair to predict Rosen's failure given what he had to work with last season, the accolades he's received from Fitz and Johnson, the poor coaching including 2 new systems from 2 new OCs. Just because he put up bad numbers under those conditions, just like with Steve Young, you cannot project a failed career.
That is exactly what I am saying let him play - I have in encouraged people who got a bum deal - he got a bum deal and his teammates kno it - to speak publicly about it is done out of respect - now all this gloss on this forum is doing nothing for him he has to go earn it

And As I already stated I expect him to be a proven NFL Qb just where he slots we don’t know yet - we don’t -

So where you got abject failure from I don’t kno?

Ok let’s talk about colours - do you like Aqua?

If I say I "love it" will you proceed to tell everyone that I don't? That I'm only speaking nice about Aqua out of respect? That it's not possible for me to be serious bc the first time I saw Aqua, it was faded a little?

Mike Mayock should've tossed picks out there for Josh. He loves him and I'm definitely happy Fitzgerald and Johnson didn't make a case to the gmail for the Cards to keep Rosen.

If I say I "love it" will you proceed to tell everyone that I don't? That I'm only speaking nice about Aqua out of respect? That it's not possible for me to be serious bc the first time I saw Aqua, it was faded a little?
No

Mike Mayock should've tossed picks out there for Josh. He loves him and I'm definitely happy Fitzgerald and Johnson didn't make a case to the gmail for the Cards to keep Rosen.

I guess the word Love has a lot of meanings

Clearly Mayock loved Josh so so much that he let him go to Miami - interesting “Love”

He could have stashed Josh behind Carr and coached him up but chose not to - I am not sure Love is the right term

Bottom line dolphins need find qb asap. Without top QB. We are not going be winning in afc. It either go be rosen or 2020 or 2021. Someone need take position...Rosen have first shot. What will he do?

I guess the word Love has a lot of meanings

Clearly Mayock loved Josh so so much that he let him go to Miami - interesting “Love”

He could have stashed Josh behind Carr and coached him up but chose not to - I am not sure Love is the right term

Sarcasm. I keep reading that Mayock thinks he's a generational pocket passer but I don't remember the Raiders being involved in the bidding war for Rosen. Hopefully he's as great as Mayock initially thought but it isn't a slam dunk.

Back
Top Bottom