Dawg Blogs: Week 16 Edition - Mia @ Buf | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dawg Blogs: Week 16 Edition - Mia @ Buf

First of all thank you for that review - excellent job.

I wanted to say that I disagreed with one part: I do not think our D-Line got manhandled as much as their rushing assignment was as much about contain as it was about getting to the passer. They applied a ton of pressure - Taylor was elusive as always and created tons of plays. Sammy Watkins return created problems because he came down with balls that most mortals can only dream of.

Our linebackers cannot stop the run so we got gashed - but as VJ said pregame - in today's NFL rushing does not score - passing scores - so they geared up for the pass and did just enough.

"I said this last week, and I will say it this week . . . . we live and die by our defensive line. If they aren't able to put pressure on the QB, our back 7, in its current state, is simply not talented enough to compete at a high level. Our front 4 got manhandled . . . and when you combine that with Tyrod's elusiveness, Shady in the backfield, a healthy playmaker like Watkins outside and Clay in the middle of the field . . . there is a reason why Buffalo put up nearly 600 yards of offense on us. We saw San Francisco have the same setup as Buffalo and they torched us in that 2nd half with far less playmakers on offense."

There was a reason we didnt get pressure on Taylor. We didnt blitz him. We were more concerned about keeping him contained in the pocket. The rest of your writeup is great though. Go DOLPHINS! It feels so good!

First of all thank you for that review - excellent job.

I wanted to say that I disagreed with one part: I do not think our D-Line got manhandled as much as their rushing assignment was as much about contain as it was about getting to the passer. They applied a ton of pressure - Taylor was elusive as always and created tons of plays. Sammy Watkins return created problems because he came down with balls that most mortals can only dream of.

Our linebackers cannot stop the run so we got gashed - but as VJ said pregame - in today's NFL rushing does not score - passing scores - so they geared up for the pass and did just enough.

"I said this last week, and I will say it this week . . . . we live and die by our defensive line. If they aren't able to put pressure on the QB, our back 7, in its current state, is simply not talented enough to compete at a high level. Our front 4 got manhandled . . . and when you combine that with Tyrod's elusiveness, Shady in the backfield, a healthy playmaker like Watkins outside and Clay in the middle of the field . . . there is a reason why Buffalo put up nearly 600 yards of offense on us. We saw San Francisco have the same setup as Buffalo and they torched us in that 2nd half with far less playmakers on offense."

Solid point...we usually do really well against the run in the redzone. McCoy made a great run though for his TD....it looked as if we were in a dime package, but can't be sure, but we were really spread out on his score.

Back
Top Bottom