dawn aponte is a boss. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dawn aponte is a boss.

any updates on our current cap after the Suh and McCain deals?

any updates on our current cap after the Suh and McCain deals?

7 million but we are still unsure of fields,ellerbe and wallace restructures and mccains numbers aren't out. I'd say between 10-13 after restructures and mccain and potentially as high as 20 if clay is let go.

So Clay is counting 7mill on our cap untill he goes to the bill

Ozzy rules!!

A ton of which will go to Tannehill and Pouncey and Vernon

Why Vernon?

The guy had ONE good year and was considered a bust before that.

Last year? Didn't Get any 11 sacks. I don't want to pay huge bux to a 1 off player. And tanny better know how to hit the big play and stop throwing behind wr's on slants and crossing patterns tall the time this year or I don't want to pay him mass bux either!!

hate to say it but Wake IS getting older. in 2016 we have no cap hit by cutting him next year which saves 8 million. just in case we need to go that route we can and use that money for Vernon

hate to say it but Wake IS getting older. in 2016 we have no cap hit by cutting him next year which saves 8 million. just in case we need to go that route we can and use that money for Vernon
Will probably look at drafting a pass rusher in the draft.

Those #'s scare me to death.

The biggest hits will be when we need cap for Tannehill... if we keep him.

This looks to me like there might be doubt about QB after '15.

I want him here and I want the Tannehill-bashers with their agenda to SHUT UP and GO AWAY. I am afraid we are adding fuel to the fire.

Depends on if Philbin is still here and if we get a new HC -- A new guy may want to work with Tannehill.... and maybe not...

I'd make a play for Greg Hardy right now.

Why Vernon?

Last year? Didn't Get any 11 sacks. I don't want to pay huge bux to a 1 off player. And tanny better know how to hit the big play and stop throwing behind wr's on slants and crossing patterns tall the time this year or I don't want to pay him mass bux either!!

I don't think Vernon was ever considered a bust. He was only a part time player the first year and everyone loved his athleticism, and he played well year two. Only this past season have his numbers been down. But hey he didn't have as good DTs next to him and Wake does the weird every other year is a big sack year thing.

lets see what Vernon does next to Suh. he should be a lot better. I saw flashes of improvement last year where he met Wake at the QB with some sick spin moves. Vernon is learning still and Suh should make everyone on the line better. happy to have Shelby back too

Let Pouncey walk. He's an extremely quick, agile center but he provides very little push in the run game and badly got exposed pass blocking at G. It's high time we start going after difference makers, not severely overrated linemen like Pouncey and Long before him.

I'd like to keep Vernon, but if he demands top dollar, he certainly hasn't proven worthy of it yet. What he provides at this point can be found in the draft and FA pretty readily, so I'm not overly concerned about him. I have no regional loyalty, so that certainly isn't a concern for me

Who could we replace OV with this year in FA?

Who could we replace OV with this year in FA?

well Greg Hardy is out there. might be a little cheaper with the domestic violence talk. but he did get off from those charges

Why Vernon?

How is a 3rd round draft pick in his rookie year a bust if he doesn't go off with double digit sacks? Explain that to me, please. His second year when he had 11.5 sacks was a down year for Wake because teams were doing everything they could to contain Wake, so OV stepped up to the plate. Wake went off again and Vernon's production went down. Based upon that pattern, I'd say this would be an up year for Vernon IF we didn't sign Suh. Because we signed Suh, I'm expecting double digits from OV and Wake.

I'm honestly not sure how we don't have four or five guys with double digit sacks this year. You HAVE to double block Suh. You basically have to double block Vernon and Wake. You have to put a body on Mitchell, at the very least. How, then, do you account for any two of Misi, McCain, and Jenkins? It will essentially be assisted suicide of the QB to even consider passing against us, because the defense is going to be in the backfield before the dropback is even completed. Brady is going to die.

Back
Top Bottom