Day 1 and Day 2 Big Board | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 1 and Day 2 Big Board

The problem with hot takes like this is when Miami justifiably steers clear from this line of thinking, the forums are flooded by gripe posts. Never mind the fact that the success rate of draft boards like this are very, very low.

Chill man! Even I did not have a board, I would still gripe about something.

I get the value of measurables --- as indicators but not definitive conclusions.

As long as football is played in real-time on a field a players ability is linked

to how well he plays the actual game as opposed to how fast he is chasing

a chicken around in circles.

In general, bigger is better. Faster is better. And stronger is better. But

measurements of those qualities alone do not define a "football player."

If it was that easy and it could be reduced to a simple formula... well enough said.

But I enjoy your takes. And I'm sure there is some degree of relevancy in what you present

but I suspect it's rather insignificant in absolute terms.

@LargoFin You've always sticked to your guns and always defended your method in a respectful way. Kudos for that and alot of guys on here just spew their predictions on here splattered all over the plave which makes it harder to keep record. You put it all in one place and that takes balls, especially when its such a contreversial way of doing things. So kudos!

That being said, I think you should add layers to your proccess(many layers TBH) that would make it more efficient. Because right now, you're eliminating too many prospects from your lists for dubious reasons.IMO

I get the value of measurables --- as indicators but not definitive conclusions.
I think the value in measurables is twofold.

I think there are certain minimum requirements to playing certain positions. For example, if a WR does not run at least a 4.7 he is just not going to make it statistically.So they can be used to disqualify prospects.The 3 cone drill can be a very useful predictor at position where burst, quickness and agility are important.There are areas where arm length does indeed matter, hand size of QB's is pretty silly.

The other thing some of the numbers can do is force to go back and re-examine a player on tape because he impressed you athletically.maybe you take a deeper dive on a player you had dismissed.

They should be a part of evaluations but the eye test and game tape is still going to be the biggest factor,You are looking for football players it might be best to watch them play football.

I normally don't like your takes at all, but I respect that you have your system and keep to it. Definitely adds some flavor around here.

That being said, I think you should add layers to your proccess(many layers TBH) that would make it more efficient. Because right now, you're eliminating too many prospects from your lists for dubious reasons.IMO

Yes, and that is the goal, to filter out as many player and leave the very bare minimum. But, for example when it comes to Najee or DeVonta, they did not measure. I have no way of comparing their athletic ability to others, and I have to leave them off the list.

Back
Top Bottom