Day 1 Overview, Day 2 Preview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 1 Overview, Day 2 Preview

ItalianDolFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Its obvious Saban drafts BPA over need. We drafted Ronnie Brown, thumbs up! Now what do we do with Lamar Gordon, Ricky Williams, Moa, Jamar Martin. Ronnie, Sammy, Heath are all guys who can play tailback and fullback. I think we should save money by cutting or trading them for some extra picks.

Our defense was ranked #8, our offense was ranked #29. Surely Ronnie Brown brings us a good runningback, but a good RB is nothing without a good offensive line. Im shocked to see that Saban hasnt gone offense...nor does it look like he's gonna draft anymore offensive players. In the 4th round, i want to pickup Elton Brown...as of now, he is a STEAL. Im surprised to see Chris Spencer and Richie Incognito go ahead of him. Id like to get Elton in the 4th, Ernest Shazor in the 5th, and Stefan Lefors in the 7th. We need a FS. We have Yeremiah Bell who is young...i also heard we may draft a cornerback...why??? We have 2 young CB's in Reggie Howard and Will Poole.

We got Matt Roth and Channing Crowder...Channing has knee problems....but its obvious Saban likes tough "in ur face" kinda guys, which is what Roth and Crowder are. We may also look at Hawthorne (DT) which would help us out at our Defensive tackle position...but we are loaded with DL's and possible linebackers now. I think Saban needs to go with Elton Brown in teh 4th...we desperately need a Center.

To top things off.....we could use another reciever in Craphonso Thorpe. He is a good, fast, young receiver with lots of potential. I hope Saban doesnt pick a CB....the one thing i see Saban doing, is LOADING our team which isnt good. We have tons of defensive backs, tons of LBs, DLs...what we need is a decent offensive lineman. We have Eddie Moore and Derrick Pope who are very young at LB....we have TONS of defensive lineman...lots of defensive backs. We have lots of O-lineman who arent decent. I guess i just dont see whats going on...why Saban worries so much about our #8 defense, and not about our #29 offense.

Overall....its a decent draft. But what are we gonna do with all of our extra players...we have SO MUCH depth at every position!

ItalianDolFan said:
Its obvious Saban drafts BPA over need. We drafted Ronnie Brown, thumbs up! Now what do we do with Lamar Gordon, Ricky Williams, Moa, Jamar Martin. Ronnie, Sammy, Heath are all guys who can play tailback and fullback. I think we should save money by cutting or trading them for some extra picks.

Our defense was ranked #8, our offense was ranked #29. Surely Ronnie Brown brings us a good runningback, but a good RB is nothing without a good offensive line. Im shocked to see that Saban hasnt gone offense...nor does it look like he's gonna draft anymore offensive players. In the 4th round, i want to pickup Elton Brown...as of now, he is a STEAL. Im surprised to see Chris Spencer and Richie Incognito go ahead of him. Id like to get Elton in the 4th, Ernest Shazor in the 5th, and Stefan Lefors in the 7th. We need a FS. We have Yeremiah Bell who is young...i also heard we may draft a cornerback...why??? We have 2 young CB's in Reggie Howard and Will Poole.

We got Matt Roth and Channing Crowder...Channing has knee problems....but its obvious Saban likes tough "in ur face" kinda guys, which is what Roth and Crowder are. We may also look at Hawthorne (DT) which would help us out at our Defensive tackle position...but we are loaded with DL's and possible linebackers now. I think Saban needs to go with Elton Brown in teh 4th...we desperately need a Center.

To top things off.....we could use another reciever in Craphonso Thorpe. He is a good, fast, young receiver with lots of potential. I hope Saban doesnt pick a CB....the one thing i see Saban doing, is LOADING our team which isnt good. We have tons of defensive backs, tons of LBs, DLs...what we need is a decent offensive lineman. We have Eddie Moore and Derrick Pope who are very young at LB....we have TONS of defensive lineman...lots of defensive backs. We have lots of O-lineman who arent decent. I guess i just dont see whats going on...why Saban worries so much about our #8 defense, and not about our #29 offense.

Overall....its a decent draft. But what are we gonna do with all of our extra players...we have SO MUCH depth at every position!

Read the other posts about our Defense. I trust Bates and Saban here. Our Defense needs some young blood.

who would you suggest as our dime corner?

we are young on offense, HH has guys to work with.........agree that we need a center............we have enough servicable WRs

Running back situation

A. RICKY WILLIAMS IS NOT COMING BACK FOR CERTAIN....

B. I think we will see what Gordon can do in a full year as a backup, maybe let Morris walk after his contract is expired.

C. Aren't Moa, Martin, and Heath all FBs???? If so, I don't care what we do with them....

Just to throw some fuel on the fire; if Saban sticks to the BPA approach; I notice that Brandon Browner is still on the board. Just going by a couple draft guides and site rankings, he is generally listed as a top 5 prospect at CB.I can here the griping already! :D

look at our defensive backs.

CB: Madison, Poole, Howard, Edwards

FS: Bell, Bua, possibly a draft pick

SS: Without a doubt, Tebucky Jones.

Linebackers: Seau, Thomas, Moore, Pope, Ayanbadejo, Crowder, Roth?

DL: Holliday, Carter, Taylor, Bowens1, Bowens2, Chester, Roth, a draft pick?

Then there is our O-line: McIntosh, Carey, St. Clair, James, McKineey, Smith, Hadnot, McDougle, Cook.

Runningbacks: Brown, Williams, Morris, Evans, Martin, Moa, Gordon.

We have SERIOUSLY gotta start cutting some of them. Thats way too many people...if we cut many of them, we could save ourselves a lot of money.

IF i were GM, dont be scared, lol....i would cut Ayanbadejo, Moore, DBowens, TBowens, St. Clair, McKinney, Smith, Cook, RWilliams, Gordon, Moa, and Rosenfels. If u cut all of those guys, we have enough money to find ourselves at least 1 or 2 very big name, top players.

Travis Daniels? could be and we might trade down this early 4th round pick to get another 5th

I would hope we pick Shazor over Daniels. Even Browner over Daniels. Daniels should be there in the 5th.

Anyone think someone could be traded today for a second day pick???

ItalianDolFan said:
look at our defensive backs.

CB: Madison, Poole, Howard, Edwards

FS: Bell, Bua, possibly a draft pick

SS: Without a doubt, Tebucky Jones.

Linebackers: Seau, Thomas, Moore, Pope, Ayanbadejo, Crowder, Roth?

DL: Holliday, Carter, Taylor, Bowens1, Bowens2, Chester, Roth, a draft pick?

Then there is our O-line: McIntosh, Carey, St. Clair, James, McKineey, Smith, Hadnot, McDougle, Cook.

Runningbacks: Brown, Williams, Morris, Evans, Martin, Moa, Gordon.

We have SERIOUSLY gotta start cutting some of them. Thats way too many people...if we cut many of them, we could save ourselves a lot of money.

IF i were GM, dont be scared, lol....i would cut Ayanbadejo, Moore, DBowens, TBowens, St. Clair, McKinney, Smith, Cook, RWilliams, Gordon, Moa, and Rosenfels. If u cut all of those guys, we have enough money to find ourselves at least 1 or 2 very big name, top players.

You would cut Ayanbadejo and Moore when you know we are losing Seau and Thomas very soon. Seau has to be in his last year. I like the depth we have, maybe not as much in the OL department b/c i think we don't have the best talent in depth. And why would you cut Rosenfels when we just resigned him. He is our 3rd string QB, and a cheap one. And with all the injuries to QB's last year, we need him.

mixmaster_matt said:
You would cut Ayanbadejo and Moore when you know we are losing Seau and Thomas very soon. Seau has to be in his last year. I like the depth we have, maybe not as much in the OL department b/c i think we don't have the best talent in depth. And why would you cut Rosenfels when we just resigned him. He is our 3rd string QB, and a cheap one. And with all the injuries to QB's last year, we need him.

Seau will be done soon....Thomas is here for another 5-7 years. He wont be done anytime soon

What time does day two start, im tryin to find it
but im having trouble

Fourth round is easy, Elton brown or antonio Perkins. We are 9 mil under the cap now.. I cant wait to see who is cut after june 1st.

Back
Top Bottom