Day 2 Draft Thread | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 2 Draft Thread

Ireland says they traded the 3rd round pick because there were a couple of players they targeted that they thought they could get later BUT a coule of the guys they had targted went off the board so they wanted to get back in the third to get the CB.

Ya. that's how it looked it played out. I still bet they moved for bailey and STL took him out of nowhere.

Just got home from work.... Dallas is really bad. Is swope still their? Or Robert woods?

By the way, there is nothing wrong with questioning the value of the picks tonight.

I mentioned before the draft that I would to situational needs filled. Miami has done a nice job with a lot of those, but I still see holes.

They have gone a long way trying to get faster on D and create TO's. 3rd Down D should be better. Nickel and Dime Packages have been reinforced. Probably Special Teams have and will improve as well. However, I still see some areas of concern...

1. Red Zone Threat. Keller might fit the bill, but he is 6'2. Wallace and Hartline are not huge targets. I worry about this.
2. Short Yardage Back- Jonas Gray or DT might handle that role, but one is a unproven and the other shows little push.
3. Spreading the field and empty sets- if it is true they were interested in Austin and Eifert, where is the urgency to put even more pressure on the opposition. There are still some good players out there, but I think the Fins missed on a player or two that could help in this regard.

Oh...the team still needs a Tackle. lol.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with questioning the value of the picks tonight.

I mentioned before the draft that I would to situational needs filled. Miami has done a nice job with a lot of those, but I still see holes.

They have gone a long way trying to get faster on D and create TO's. 3rd Down D should be better. Nickel and Dime Packages have been reinforced. Probably Special Teams have and will improve as well. However, I still see some areas of concern...

1. Red Zone Threat. Keller might fit the bill, but he is 6'2. Wallace and Hartline are not huge targets. I worry about this.
2. Short Yardage Back- Jonas Gray or DT might handle that role, but one is a unproven and the other shows little push.
3. Spreading the field and empty sets- if it is true they were interested in Austin and Eifert, where is the urgency to put even more pressure on the opposition. There are still some good players out there, but I think the Fins missed on a player or two that could help in this regard.

This!!!!

My wish list

Shamarko Thomas- Nice DB. Should have been drafted by now

I like Shamarko as a player but not for us. Where do you play him? He's too short to play FS & we have a long term answer at SS. Phillip Thomas is prototypical sized center field type safety with good ball skills that fits Kevin Coyle's defense.

I think if they wanted Ryan Swope, they would have taken him tonight.

They are looking elsewhere.

OK. NFLN has been on permanent Tao-geno coverage since 9 pm. pathetic. Turning it off and going to bed. later

miami does have tightends like keller, so its not that big of a need compared to others. And a short yardage back can prob be found in 6 or 7th round, plus miami can get all in one with the other good backs that still are availabe that could fall to 5th for miami and be a good back in general to get short yardage and good runs. I also have a feeling miami still might get albert with maybe a third from next years draft as I don;t see the chiefs having much leverage now. Alberts contract will be up and they got a lt and albert doesnt want to move to rt, so I do think since miami hasnt gotten a lt in this draft, that they planned on finishing their draft with other needs and see who they get and then go back to talks with chiefs and get albert after the draft or another free agent left tackle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are the players we've drafted so far?

1. Dion Jordan OLB
2. Jamar Taylor CB
3. Dallas Thomas OG/OT
4. Will Davis CB

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Didn't understand the trade up for Davis when he would've been available at our pick :confused:

Really liked the Taylor and Thomas picks. More than makes up for (what many consider) the Davis blunder.

Back
Top Bottom