Day 2 Training Camp Tweets | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 2 Training Camp Tweets

Confused Politician GIF by Chicken Licken SA

I'm not trying to denigrate or disparage anyone enjoying threads like this, I just have to say I can't get into these things anymore. I've been burned so many times following these TC updates and getting excited about players like Josh Samuda arriving, only to see them in week one of preseason and have it be clearly evident that they could only block a defender if the defender tripped over their leg after knocking them on their butt on the way to the QB. I'm done man.

But I'll keep my eye out for the big stories and can't wait to preseason.

that sounds just like something we’d do 🤦‍♂️

nothing against you I’ve read enough of your posts your a smart guy but that’s just a brutal end result on both sides.
I agree. I've just had too many shrewd bosses (2 CFOs for 20 years). I'm more of a pragmatist.

It is a business. It is about money. It is about maximizing the player's earning in a limited window. It is about saving money for the organization to leverage elsewhere. Players want the most money. Teams want the most value.

I've stated before the contracts these players are signing could be structured better to protect everyone. But these are the constructs that exist and are utilized.

In all fairness to the reality of X departing, his salary will go to someone.

I would love to keep X. But these types of exchanges simply put me on the team's side of the equation. Even though I realize X probably does feel underpaid and has legitimate complaints THAT should have been prepared for in his contract.

The "I didn't know" crowd gets no sympathy from me. Everyone has a responsibility to themselves.

I also respect you, as well. I've followed your posts over the years. Looking forward to more.

I am at the point where they should trade Parker and move Gesicki to outside WR. Gesicki has the size and enough speed to be a WR and he is more reliable from an injury standpoint than Parker.

If they trade Parker, they will have plenty of cap space to sign Gesicki to a new contract. With Gesicki, Fuller, Waddle, Long, and Wilson as the primary receivers, the passing offense would be very difficult to defend.

Oh Chad Henne man, big strong arm guy we were set for a decade man! His arm literally made on big throw to Ginn on the Monday night game vs the Jets. Other than that bupkus from arm strength.

I mean the gold standard of arm strength is tied to Geoff George who was a knucklehead but still cerebral touch and anticipation guys are easily be best QBs through history

Most "cerebral" QB also have good arm strength.

Brady doesn't have a weak arm, nor did Manning.

For every Henne or JaMarcus Russel there is a Matt Leinart who's "cerebral" ability didntbget them very far.

In the NFL today it is important to be able to attack every inch of the field.

Thankfully Tua isn't Chad Pennington noodle armed, but id still like to see him improve in that area.

Its slightly annoying when people just brush his faults under the table though.

Saying Parker is made out of glass is an insult to glass, I’ve seen people and animals run into glass doors and windows and glass didn’t break.

If a bird flew into Parker he’d miss 4 weeks for sure

I've also seen large men hit Parker without injury, so other than trying to make a funny little comment im not sure thats a valid comparison.

I am at the point where they should trade Parker and move Gesicki to outside WR. Gesicki has the size and enough speed to be a WR and he is more reliable from an injury standpoint than Parker.

If they trade Parker, they will have plenty of cap space to sign Gesicki to a new contract. With Gesicki, Fuller, Waddle, Long, and Wilson as the primary receivers, the passing offense would be very difficult to defend.
35046AB0-53FE-465B-9B22-26C1EDAE5707.jpegDude, Gesicke has zero moves once he catches the ball.

Back
Top Bottom