Day 2 Training Camp Tweets | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 2 Training Camp Tweets

I am at the point where they should trade Parker and move Gesicki to outside WR. Gesicki has the size and enough speed to be a WR and he is more reliable from an injury standpoint than Parker.

If they trade Parker, they will have plenty of cap space to sign Gesicki to a new contract. With Gesicki, Fuller, Waddle, Long, and Wilson as the primary receivers, the passing offense would be very difficult to defend.
Parker being around does not impede our ability to sign Gesicki to an extension in the slightest. The biggest impediment is going to be that Gesicki is not fast or athletic enough to be WR week in and week, and not big or physical enough to be a line tight end. His ability to make highlight reel catches and have occasional big games in the right situations are going to earn him a bigger contract in free agency than his real impact on the field is actually worth.

Gesicki is one of my favorite players to watch, and I'm gonna be sad if/when he leaves, but realistically in my head I know what the market for these guys is like, and how it plays out in the long run. I watched Charles Clay leave and become a lot of waste cap space in Buffalo, and I hated to see a guy go now long after he got his chance and broke out, but sometimes the $$ just doesn't add up.

I'm not trying to denigrate or disparage anyone enjoying threads like this, I just have to say I can't get into these things anymore. I've been burned so many times following these TC updates and getting excited about players like Josh Samuda arriving, only to see them in week one of preseason and have it be clearly evident that they could only block a defender if the defender tripped over their leg after knocking them on their butt on the way to the QB. I'm done man.

But I'll keep my eye out for the big stories and can't wait to preseason.

smart decision.

last year the media waxed poetic about 1500 yards from Preston williams in camp and I bought in and then week 1 I saw what he looked like at the top of the route and was like wtf are you kidding me?

wait for your own verification.

smart decision.

last year the media waxed poetic about 1500 yards from Preston williams in camp and I bought in and then week 1 I saw what he looked like at the top of the route and was like wtf are you kidding me?

wait for your own verification.
coming off the ACL i was thrilled when he started to look like himself again vs. AZ (then, of course, his foot falls off and he's out for the season).

Tua was really good in RZ last year. That wasn't the issue with him. It's between the 20s is the issue. Hopefully he can figure that out. I'm very confident our RZ scoring efficiency will be very high again this year.. .

Some were butthurt that he opted out, and can't get past it. I wasn't thrilled about it myself, but respect his decision.

Going forward, I believe he is a great fit for us. I also believe it is a good thing to have some veteran presence on the team.
Not to mention what a year away from the game can do to revitalize his body. Always liked Wilson and damn glad he's still around.

View attachment 82042Dude, Gesicke has zero moves once he catches the ball.
He's a touchdown machine. No moves needed after he catches the ball.

Rimshot 1037 Kiss Fm GIF by JMatt

Parker and Gesicki are critical to this team and are both excellent foosballers, some of y’all trippin lol. Gots to be six foot three.

I am at the point where they should trade Parker and move Gesicki to outside WR. Gesicki has the size and enough speed to be a WR and he is more reliable from an injury standpoint than Parker.

If they trade Parker, they will have plenty of cap space to sign Gesicki to a new contract. With Gesicki, Fuller, Waddle, Long, and Wilson as the primary receivers, the passing offense would be very difficult to defend.
Trading Parker results in $8.1 mil dead cap.

I don't think he is going anywhere this year.

Back
Top Bottom