Day one starter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day one starter

claytonduper

Starter
Reaction score
With all the discussions on who we could pick with our first or all the trade options, I have a question about who could be our first pick and start day one.

Over the years, I haven't really seen too many LT's that are highly touted and picked in the top ten that starts immediately. My question is because currently we don't have a LT and could Jake Long fill that need. Or will our QB's take a beating while Jake is learning the NFL game? At least with Chris Long pick, he could be rotated into the lineup and developed over the season.

Personally, we need to get a free-agent LT for part of the year and draft Jake Long to step in week 8 or 9.

Most LT's drafted top 10 start right away. Key execption: Robert Gallery. You can't really get a LT in FA, either. If someone has a good one, they don't let them go.

If you go J Long at #1, he either starts at LT right away, or if he has issues, Carey stays at LT and Jake starts at RT. In that case, we still get a huge OL upgrade, but probably a waste of $$, unless Jake can eventually move to LT.

Despite the hype, there is risk with C Long as well. He is projected at OLB, despite playing DE. There are plenty of DE/OLB draft failures as well.

Back
Top Bottom