DAY TWO Camp Reports HERE!!! | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DAY TWO Camp Reports HERE!!!

For what its worth, I've always liked Travis. even back when he was just a little pissant like us on a dolphins message board. But hes always pissed, ****, cummed, sneezed, coughed out dolphin positivity. Now that hes a fins employee, all that positivity coming out of him is glittery on top of it. So i always take his assessments with a grain of salt

IMO, he’s doing a superb job of reporting without just fawning over everyone. Obviously, he’s an employee, and his posts are going to reflect that. But there’s a lot of substance there. He’s even a bit more open and unfiltered on podcasts.

The ”strong armed” Josh Allen has struggled in weather/wind games during his short career. So apparently there’s a lot more to it than just overcoming it with arm strength.

But since that doesn’t fit the narrative — nobody seems to want to talk about it. Go figure.
I’m not sitting here saying I know Tua’s the guy or anything about his arm here.

But at this point I’m so sick of the discussion that I’d be happy to never hear the term arm strength again. It’s just been…

:dead:

And if Tua’s not the guy, so be it. We got a stack of picks.

For what its worth, I've always liked Travis. even back when he was just a little pissant like us on a dolphins message board. But hes always pissed, ****, cummed, sneezed, coughed out dolphin positivity. Now that hes a fins employee, all that positivity coming out of him is glittery on top of it. So i always take his assessments with a grain of salt
When they're on a payroll, it's just like politicians. Nothing negative will come out.

U want to hear of both sides making their far share of plays. I have followed camp reports since basically you could over the Internet, and overwhelmingly, the past 2 decades I was always looking for indications that the offense was capable of putting up explosive plays in the passing game. Very often, or most often they were dominated by the defense, and that ended up playing out in the regular season, i.e. a crap boring offense that didn’t put up very many or enough points. That’s not the impression I’m getting so far, even though it’s only been 2 days which is encouraging.

Yep! Have to give the offense a little time to gel. When the pads come on is going to tell us a lot.

The ”strong armed” Josh Allen has struggled in weather/wind games during his short career. So apparently there’s a lot more to it than just overcoming it with arm strength.

But since that doesn’t fit the narrative — nobody seems to want to talk about it. Go figure.

The narrative does seem to suggest that none of the elites have struggled in stronger weather. We all know that’s simply not true AND the game plan is customize to minimize the Qb trying to throw it all over the place on BOTH sides.

It’s a TEAM game.

I've always wondered why they set the bar so low for ponies. Is a "two trick pony" a learned enough equine to be socially acceptable? Or is it like Jennifer Anniston and the flair n "Office Space", where if you have to ask how many is acceptable, you just don't get it? 🤔
I've got it now, I think - LOL

According to several ppl yesterday Tua didn’t have a good day. My opinion is who cares,you can’t evaluate until pads are on.

I'll tweak that a little. every fan should know coaches come into a practice with designs to see specific players in specific situations. They want to see certain plays and how each player performs. Thus, a throw or a coverage a player would not have done is forced on them by the coaches' goal for the practice.
That doesn't mean players don't make bad plays, but it's hard for casual observers to evaluate without knowing the reason for the play.

That's exactly it.

Sometimes a great pass is broken up by perfect coverage.

Perspective or agenda is key.

That pass yesterday to Hill is a perfect example.

Beasley, Kelly etc. May Say it was underthrown and Hill had to come back for the ball.

Others may say Tua put the ball in the one place the defenders couldn't get it. He perfectly read that defense and placed it where only his WR could catch it. Or he found the soft spot.

Depending on your opinion determines how good the pass was.

Brady and Tua could throw the exact same pass, to the same WR with the same outcome. However, Brady threw it to where only his WR could catch it where as Tua underthrew it.

Or Tua underthrew it, but Rodgers knew his throw would draw a PI.

It happens to all the non elites.

If your Tua, Wilson Goff etc..... your passes ar, for the most part, judged more on the negative side. Where as Rodgers, Brady and Mahomes get the benefit of the doubt that they knew what the were doing.

Mahomes. Future hall of fame, arguably best in the game today. But let me tell you, he throw a lot of ugly passes. But you wouldn't know it listening to the comnentators.

Just watch Kurt Warner and Chris Simms evaluate the same game for Tua. How do they both have polar opposite takes on Tuas performance?

“Just watch Kurt Warner and Chris Simms evaluate the same game for Tua. How do they both have polar opposite takes on Tuas performance?”

Absolutely correct. As Warner was a baller and Simms was a dud, I’ll go with Warner’s conclusions and analysis.

I was watching a Miami YouTuber who said that all the reporters at practice are not allowed to post anything negative. I did not know that. Interesting.
I`m pretty sure if the reporters were told that at least one of the reporters would have reported they were told not to say anything negative .Thinking maybe you or this you tuber is just trying to stir the pot . Interesting .

I`m pretty sure if the reporters were told that at least one of the reporters would have reported they were told not to say anything negative .Thinking maybe you or this you tuber is just trying to stir the pot . Interesting .
Why the hell would I stir the pot? You don't know me.

TD PHINS TALK

Why the hell would I stir the pot? You don't know me.

TD PHINS TALK

Why would you believe some random YouTube with zero access to anything. All you have to do to is read a training camp thread.

I listened to 30 seconds if that crap and that guy is full of ****. "They can say a guy got a pick but not say the QB’S name." Then he said they can say one but not the other QB. Every QB has thrown a pick and everyone was named by every damn reported.

I mean come on. If you believed this guy for a second then I don't even know what to say.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being concerned primarily about tuas arm in elements and how it traveled in them last year and the oline play.

I mean they were the two biggest personnel stories of last season.

They are massive indicators for your season ceiling this year too.

Why would you believe some random YouTube with zero access to anything. All you have to do to is read a training camp thread.

I listened to 30 seconds if that crap and that guy is full of ****. "They can say a guy got a pick but not say the QB’S name." Then he said they can say one but not the other QB. Every QB has thrown a pick and everyone was named by every damn reported.

I mean come on. If you believed this guy for a second then I don't even know what to say.
Obviously he's been around a long time and has more access than me or you or anyone here. Why would he lie? And why wouldn't I believe him until there is something not to believe. I'm open to a lot of people. Trying not to be skeptical of anyone. Unless it's Simms of course. I feel sorry for people like you but whatevers!

Back
Top Bottom