Day Two Of TB/Phins Practice Tweets HERE! | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day Two Of TB/Phins Practice Tweets HERE!

I’m guessing the current plan b at right tackle is probably Robert hunt with Robert jones coming into right guard.

The plan b left tackle may well be austin jackson. He’s a different looking athlete right now.

I don’t get the feel that larnell Coleman is ready

Id like to see Robert jones get some run with the 1s at left guard

It wouldn’t surprise me if long term that’s our best 5
I'd like to see that too, but I also expect Eich to kill it there for the next dozen years.

Noah....this ain't working....if the guy wasn't drafted so high would he still be here? I bet if he'd be an undrafted FA he would have been waived years ago. If he doesn't improve this camp then you have to seriously consider the other players that are supposedly having good camps and move on.

Noah....this ain't working....if the guy wasn't drafted so high would he still be here? I bet if he'd be an undrafted FA he would have been waived years ago. If he doesn't improve this camp then you have to seriously consider the other players that are supposedly having good camps and move on.
He's also so young. I'd have him penciled in as PR, and if he can't become great at that (he even looked bad at that last year) he's gone. To me he feels like a Ginn. Can be good if you have him really cheap and he can at least do one thing really well. Looking forward to seeing him in preseason games.

The highlights I’m seeing austin jackson looks much more fluid an athletic than prior. Getting off the ball well.

I’m optimistic. He looks like a tackle

Really hopeful for Jackson. Beyond the need/importance for the team, it makes sense that he'd look and play better for an offensive staff with a clear vision, and one that will utilize his athleticism. Of course, another year is also big for a player with the physical tools to play OT but who needed a lot of refinement coming out of USC and who is young relative to his experience and who had his progress temporarily stunted by a bone-marrow transplant.

I had a Top 40 grade on him, because I thought he had the tools and makeup to develop into a plus starter. I didn't have him Top 20, because I thought he'd need time and the right situation to develop. Prior to 2022, you would have a hard time finding a worse situation to develop. It seems that's changing.

It looks like Igbinoghene is gonna be a miss. I hope he turns it around, but that pick bothered me more than the Jackson pick. If you're going to go for a toolsy CB (which you usually should imo), don't go for pretty good athletes, go for guys with real tools. Eric Stokes is a great example of a guy who had a lot of the same criticisms coming out as Igbinoghene. Stokes was already better imo, but the big difference is that Stokes runs in the low 4.3's/high 4.2's and has plus length. There's just a lot more margin for error with those kinds of tools.

But, my point is that the 2020 class looks sooo much better if Tua and Jackson hit. Combined with the 2021 class (looking at early picks): Tua, Jackson, Igbinoghene, Hunt, Waddle, Phillips, Holland, and Eichenberg, you have a nice mix of guys who have All Pro potential and solid players who fill important roles (3/5 of the OL).

🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏

They can protect people on the PS now, right? I'd rather that than having him sit at home for the year. If he's doing as well as advertised, I'd rather see him get at least practice experience. However, I don't get overly excited about TC and preseason stars, as well as I don't bemoan the interception filled TC's.

No matter how he looks now, I'd still prefer Teddy coming off the bench, which he'll unfortunately and most likely inevitably do this season. Real games are quite different than TC practices, even against another team. Hell, we've beaten teams handily in the preseason before, only to get stomped a couple weeks later in the regular season.
They can protect him to an extent once he is signed to the practice squad, but...1. To get him there they have to waive him and expose him to other teams' claims, 2. Even if he makes it through waivers his rookie contract would be terminated and he would basically be week-to-week, and 3. Even if "protected" other teams could still sign him they just can't put him on their active roster until the following Monday (I am paraphrasing but basically it means that "protection" only stops teams from immediately rostering a protected player for the upcoming week's game). Ultimately the only way to be sure the team keeps him is to keep him on the 53.

Back
Top Bottom