DB and OL IYO who will be here next season and how upgrade ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DB and OL IYO who will be here next season and how upgrade ?

Can't disagree, but IIRC, that was an injury with a long heal time. I will say I thought he looked good. Yeah, assignment problems, but that's coachable. Nonetheless, pessimistic.
I sometimes have a hard time recalling last week, but IIRC, he looked decent in man coverage, but drew a lot of flags, due to problems in technique (also coachable), but he looked lost in zone.

Tank was placed on IR, rather than released with an injury settlement... so I'm going to guess they still see him as a possibility.

Tank was placed on IR, rather than released with an injury settlement... so I'm going to guess they still see him as a possibility.
Perhaps, but if that is the case, why not bring him back once cleared to play?

I think we will be upgrade oline with players with higher draft picks or money vs DBs. Flores has shown he can get a bunch of nobody’s in the secondary to make plays and we have X coming back.

if we are going to snag a new QB, it has to be oline to give that kid a chance .

I think we will be upgrade oline with players with higher draft picks or money vs DBs. Flores has shown he can get a bunch of nobody’s in the secondary to make plays and we have X coming back.

if we are going to snag a new QB, it has to be oline to give that kid a chance .

I'm not so sure of the order. I suspect Flo et al will evaluate needs after FA, determine critical needs, and pick the highest ranked player available at one of those positions. At least initially. May double down, but not triple down. I can't imagine they'd pass on the highest edge on their board because they need the 8th ranked CB.

I like it. I'm all about OL, DB's as well as the DL this year (and probably next year). Can't have enough of any of them. Although I'm looking to sign anyone to big money who's pushing 30.

The QB will come when the option to select the guy they want presents itself. That's how I'm looking at that until something happens there. If we don't draft a QB high we better have a lot more high picks in 2021.

This staff is probably salivating at the thought of working with 11-12 "more talented" drafted players who get to come to town in late April and don't have to rely so heavily on un-drafted free agents signed after final cuts or during the season.

Rookies better come in with their heads up and ready to roll because there are going to be a lot of 23 and 24 year old's in camp who went un-drafted and would love to stick around over their drafted behinds.

Wouldn't be surprised if we took less risks in the first and looked for the most polished prospects that can see the field ASAP.

Effort is contagious.

#IsItSpringYet

I agree with what you said, but don't be surprised if Miami brings more then just 11-12 new talented faces, Miami the last few years has proven to find some good players after the draft is over, and FA starts.

This coming off-season could be far more enjoyable then even the most excited and upbeat Dolphin Fan could even predict.

In Howard and Needham, we have our starting boundary corners, and in Rowe, we have one safety.
They can move McCain back to slot corner where he was much better than at undersized safety. He tried back there but noticeably tiny for a safety. I can see taking a one safety and one corner early. Especially if a really good one slips.

IMO DB and OL are our 2 big need

i think we need to sign 2 OT and 1 OG in the offseason and for our DB we need another shutdown corner and a solid safety

For OL I think jesse davis, Deiter, Boehm and Kilgore will be here and perhaps Davenport for depht

For DB Xavien, Needham,
Rowe will be here and I would like wiltz and Tankersley for depht

Opinions

I think you seriously overestimate the Oline. i think the only potential starter we have that will return next year is Jesse Davis at Guard. We need a new center, Kilgore isn’t good enough, we need two new starting tackles and at least one new starting guard and potentially two unless Deiter massively improves in the offseason. Bohem and Davenport wouldn’t even make the practice squad on most teams I think.

As for the secondary, Howard, Needham, Rowe are locks to come back next year with McCain potentially for depth at either safety or nickle corner. We probably need to draft (or FA) a couple more boundary corner/nickle corners and another safety.

Just my humble opinion of course.

Boehm is fine. I think youre confusing him with Calhoun who looks miserable.

Kilgore i doubt will be here, he is older and will probably be replaced by Biadazs or Humphrey.

Davis was re-signed, wasnt he? If so, he will be here.

LT, i hope Davenport and Webb are gone.

Deiter. Sure, hes a rookie. Maybe he will do better with a better LT and Center next to him.

As for DB, I doubt Reshad stays. Rowe looks fine at his safety spot. Howard obviously is #1 CB, Needham looks fine but we definitely need competition. Maybe a 3rd or 4th round CB.

It will be interesting. A guy in the secondary I think has started to help a lot is Adrian Colbert. You also have a guy like Steven Parker who has been bad at times, but then 2 weeks ago was one of the highest rated players in the NFL per PFF. I think Wiltz and Needham will be here for sure. Also interested to see if team is happy with the development of Hartage who has also shown some ability in diagnosing plays. That being said don't discount going after a Jeffrey Okudah if we don't go QB in round 1.

OL? Bit of a crap shot. I do think we are going to be active in FA and in the draft with OL. I do think Davenport has improved since coming off IR and getting healthy (not great but not the turnstile he was early), and I also know the team wants to look at a healthy Isadora.
Colbert is at least a pretty good physical speciman to work with

for me off line = boehm,davenport,dieter,davis are back for better or worse, maybe calhoun
in FA go after andrus peat or joe thuney, dont like any of FA tackles, others like conklin
in draft at tackle = one of willis,naing,jackson,tego-wanogho and later becton,jones,adam
get one of biadasz,humphrey,harris to start at center

secondary= howard,tank,needham,rowe,mcCain parker,colbert,wiltz are back maybe ,lewis?
in FA go after[get 3 of these[ byron jones,james bradberry,kendall fuller ,justin simmons ,tre boston or vonn bell

in draft you could grab okudah early , or wait for gladney,johnson,terrell in 2nd/3rd rnd and add some late rnd guys like levonta taylor,castro-fields
at safety early = delpit,mcKinney , later on winfield,jones ,carter,fuller

lots of options , choices , not all going to be fixed in one off season

Back
Top Bottom