DC Patrick Graham to the Giants, promote Josh Boyer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DC Patrick Graham to the Giants, promote Josh Boyer

ANUFan

Club Member
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins will have new offensive and defensive coordinators in 2020.

That’s because the New York Giants hired Patrick Graham, who ran Miami’s defense in 2019 to same position the Miami Herald has confirmed.

The Dolphins will not be conducting a search for a new defensive coordinator. The plan is to promote cornerbacks and defensive pass game coordinator Josh Boyer to the position.

Boyer followed Flores to Miami from New England last year and served as the team’s passing game/cornerbacks coach in 2019.

He made the most of a difficult year marred by a series of injuries, most notably to Pro Bowler Xavien Howard. Unheralded defenders like Nik Needham, Nate Brooks and Jomal Wiltz were thrust into significant roles in the second half of the season, and acquitted themselves well.

Any insight why graham wanted to leave for same positions?

No idea! But rumor is that Boyer who's responsible for the secondary was the real star D-Coordinator.
Same thing with O'Shea firing on offense. The guy that worked with Fitz.. Jerry Schuplinski was the real star on that side of the ball.

It's going to be interesting to see what the result are next season.

No idea! But rumor is that Boyer who's responsible for the secondary was the real star D-Coordinator.
Same thing with O'Shea firing on offense. The guy that worked with Fitz.. Jerry Schuplinski was the real star on that side of the ball.

It's going to be interesting to see what the result are next season.
Cool. Thanks. I like Boyer. I just hope the coach from high school can hold up his end developing the d backs since I believe he is only coach back there now.
chambers just posted it was family related. I guess graham has roots in Ny

Cool. Thanks. I like Boyer. I just hope the coach from high school can hold up his end developing the d backs since I believe he is only coach back there now.
chambers just posted it was family related. I guess graham has roots in Ny

It's the way of NFL business. You have to be able to develope your coaching staff and keep things moving forward. Ultimately, the mark of a good, strong, organization.

Lets hope he doesn't have inside knowledge of our draft plans. That will provide the Giants with intel moving forward.

Does make me wonder how stuff like that works?
Is there an official NFL rule that says foremer players/coaches aren't allowed to discuss such things?
Maybe, it's an unwritten rule you just don't do those sorts of things.

Does make me wonder how stuff like that works?
Is there an official NFL rule that says foremer players/coachwees aren't allowed to discuss such things?
Maybe, it's an unwritten rule you just don't do those sorts of things.

Well, its pretty early in the process for there to be much more than a general framework. We still have FA, and the combine, not to mention pro days and that sort of thing.

In addition to that, any competent organization, that has competing entities, should operate on a "need to know" basis to begin with, and its way too early for a DC to have that need.

I could be wrong, as I obviously have no firsthand knowledge about the inner workings of an NFL franchise, but it seems like common sense policy to me.

Back
Top Bottom