DCH's Comments On Writing Reports... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DCH's Comments On Writing Reports...

PhinfanBo1

Scout Team
Reaction score
Everyone please read

I spoke to DCH today over the phone which is pretty significant because I was one of the first people that threw criticizm his way over at some of the other boards that he used to frequent. I don't like to call anybody an "inside source," and the fact that he was being portrayed as one on the Dolphin Digest board, and then the DolfanTalk board, is what bothered me about his situation. Anyway, inside source or not, he is a good guy, he knows his Dolphins, and I have no doubt in my mind that he is being honest to an extent when he does mention a "source", and most importantly he is generally very acurate with what he reports. As with most of us here, a lot of the stuff he reports are attainable by reading the papers, listening to WQAM etc, but we have all seen him put stuff out there which is interesting, and not available through the South Florida media.

Anyway, after this whole thing went down with JB, obviosuly we know that we have not been getting the honest reports that we thought we were. Obviously, Ozzy goes down to camp a lot, and he gives great, acurate reports. DCH will start getting down to camp a little bit more frequently as well. Myself, well, once I fly back to NY obviously I won't be able to attend camp, but when DCH doesn't get a chance to post his stuff, I will try to speak to him by phone and give you guys an update on what he is hearing and seeing.

So in terms of getting actual eyewitness reports, we are not in as bad a shape as I originally feared when the JB thing came to light. We just need to be more careful with who and what we can trust around here or we are all going to get the wrong ideas-DCH and Ozzy are two guys that will be attending camp and two guys that we all know are definetly trustworthy. That's it.

-Bo

IT WAS NICE TO CLEAR THE AIR...

I was very happy to clear the air with BO today.... He is one of the most intelligent Dolphin fans out there....there is no doubt when you read his posts.

Like I said....forget about the whos and the where I am getting my information from...because just like Bo found out today.....he now has a new friend in DCH...because he knows the bottom line is in accuracy...and where I am not on target 100% of the time....there is never, never, a time....where you have to worry about me...just throwing stuff out there.

For the record...I will never criticize anyone...not my style...not even to the jealous ones....

However....my only statement about the JB reports...and I have to back BO on this: YOU SIMPLY CANNOT REPORT EYEWITNESS DOLPHIN CAMP REPORTS WITHOUT PHYSICALLY BEING THERE...PERIOD.

OZZY AND DCH have been around and been doing these camp reports for so long now......that people have been accustomed to seeing things done one way.....and that is to be there....and with a notebook....writing down certain things, players, and overall observations. This is the only way to do it...

I want JB to continue posting about the Dolphins....but as far as doing the camp reporting.....leave it to your friends.....who were actually there.....let them post on what they saw...there live. Getting the reports second hand.....and then posting it....really defeats the purpose....let them do it...I mean..why not?

Again....JB...your efforts were there....don't get me wrong....you are a nice addition here.....but in all fairness.....you can't do it any other way....but to be there....in the stands.

I want to thank BO....for saying hello today.....and we will be collaborating together on what we see out of the scrimmage tomorrow... everybody keep an eye on the offensive line...particualarly at LT. I feel that changes will be coming...

Re: Everyone please read

Originally posted by PhinfanBo1

So in terms of getting actual eyewitness reports, we are not in as bad a shape as I originally feared when the JB thing came to light. We just need to be more careful with who and what we can trust around here or we are all going to get the wrong ideas-DCH and Ozzy are two guys that will be attending camp and two guys that we all know are definetly trustworthy. That's it.

-Bo

So basically it's just like it's been for the last 5 years.

I've talked to DCH a couple of times, and if he reads this.......HEY HELP ME OUT HERE MAN, Get down to TC and hit me up before you go!!!!

Man we do need some more recruits, and IMHO, and with definitely no disrespect to the FinHeaven, board, mods, or their group, this should not be about having a sole writer for these sites, it should be about ALL THE DOLPHINS FANS that don't live in Miami, or just plain cannot make it to TC.

You know what, I had an offer to become a staff writer on PhinZone.com but my TC reports would have been EXCLUSIVELY for THEIR WebSite. Now I was very flattered to have that offer, because it is one of the best Dolphins Websites on the Net, but ain't no way I'm short changing none of you guys here at FH, or DT, or any other Site my stuff goes up on!

I'm only in this for the Far Away Dolphins Fans, oh UNLESS someone came up with some big Money, I might have to post ya'll a link :D

As we have said many time before... we are only five years old and growing :)

Thats why we now don't have one writer, and we have a link to every report that was reported on this message board. See a thread above called "Training Camp Reports Archive"

You Da Man!

Originally posted by Ozzy

, it should be about ALL THE DOLPHINS FANS that don't live in Miami, or just plain cannot make it to TC.

I'm only in this for the Far Away Dolphins Fans,

I think I can speak for all "far away Dolphin fans" that we deeply appreciate folks like you and DCH who spen so much time and effort giving everyone here a glimpse at TC...

:drinkers: :rocker: :happydrin

Hey guys. I have no problem with dealing with the trash. Just next time show a little more class and take it off the boards and if someone asks then have a prepared statement and leave the situation at that. The last 3-4 days have all been about JB when they should have been about the dolphins. It was unneccessary and unwanted grief in the end. It also could have ended in a much better situation for everyone.

I think what happened was appropriate. Bo did a service for a lot of people by pointing out the amazing number of inaccuracies in JB's reports, which we came to find out were the result of his "system" where he would get the reports second hand from other people he knew who were supposedly at camp. To make things worst JB continued to pretend that he was actually there and mislead people, and IMMEDIATELY jumped on Bo's back and started up with the inflammatories. The FH staff did a great job, they fired him, and then reached out to the board members to find out what they would like to do about the JB situation (let him write for us, don't, eat glue, etc). But by then JB started to show some true colors and wrongly began insulting anyone who voiced even the smallest bit of displeasure at being fooled into thinking we were reading ACCURATE TC reports from an eyewitness. So JBrown is no longer with us...end of story. The process was not nearly as painless as some people make out and personally I'm disappointed with some of the remarks that came out about PhinFanBo (suggesting that he was only doing this with some kind of phin site war thing in mind etc) when all he did was point out just how much we had the wool pulled over our eyes on the accuracy issue.

I just want to say bravo FH staff I think you handled the situation very well and the only criticism I could come up with is that perhaps when you originally found out that JBrown was not going to these training camps, you should have perhaps informed the crowd via sticky thread, or perhaps even just outright edited or forced JBrown to announce it in his report.

Thanks CK! Yea, I've been around these boards for a long time, the DD board, and now the DolfanTalk board as well as this board. I originally intended to just make that one post about JB, let him respond, and then drop it. But when he came with the insults, and a refusal to anwser any of our concerns, then there was a problem. No, I'm not out to start any "wars" on these boards!! Anybody that knows me (and several people on this board do, Ozzy, DCH, Muck etc) knows that I am a true die-hard and I just want everybody to have the best and most acurate information about our beloved Phins as possible.

-Bo

Originally posted by PhinfanBo1
Thanks CK! Yea, I've been around these boards for a long time, the DD board, and now the DolfanTalk board as well as this board. I originally intended to just make that one post about JB, let him respond, and then drop it. But when he came with the insults, and a refusal to anwser any of our concerns, then there was a problem. No, I'm not out to start any "wars" on these boards!! Anybody that knows me (and several people on this board do, Ozzy, DCH, Muck etc) knows that I am a true die-hard and I just want everybody to have the best and most acurate information about our beloved Phins as possible.

-Bo
i have not read any of JB's reports, so i can't make a comment. but i have read DCH's stuff and i have found them to be 100% accurate. more than one writer is good because you get different points of view, but when you get info from a source that claims to be an eye witness....................

keep it up DCH, i can't be there, so you tell me!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom