DE J. Taylor : OVERRATED??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE J. Taylor : OVERRATED???

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I brought this subject up a few weeks ago, and got grilled the same way our defense did yesterday. I doubt it if I'll get different results because of all of the JT groupies, but I'll try it again....

WHERE IN THE HELL IS DE J. TAYLOR!!!!!:yell: :yell: :yell:

Everyone in Phinland seems to love this guy. I personally don't see where all of this praise comes from....

I'm not even sure if he's registered a single sack yet?!?!?!?!

I'm not saying that he sucks or anything, I just think he's overrated as a DE. He hasn't been pulling his weight IMO, and honestly, I expected more out of him thus far....

In all reality, he's done next to nothing ever since T. Armstrong left. Last season he finished with 9 sacks{half of which were coverage sacks}....

What has he done this year???....NOTHING.

Some of you may say, "but he's great against the run"....

WHO CARES!!!....DE's are suppose to either get sacks, or put pressure on the QB, not stop RB's......

That's what the DT's and LB's are for....

If J. Taylor can't get it done, he needs to be replaced. Even A. Ogunleye is getting more pressure than he is, and it's only his first season as a starter.

I don't know if it's just me, but isn't there something wrong with that picture???....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

I was saying the exact same thing last year and got hammered for it. I did change my tune though cause I started to pay closer attention to JT. He is great vs the run and he gets doubled all the time vs the pass. He has a knack for the big play and IMO is not ovverated. He is a top 10 DE in the NFL.

WOW, you must not have watched yesterdays game against a prmierback in NFL with a top notch O LIne. JT was ballin, he stuffed plays all day and cut in to the backfield alot

I got ripped by InFINsible by this also....But still I never said he sucks or anything like that...On the contrary hes a solid DE...But lets take a look at the facts that he was going up against some of the best O-lineman out there and he was injured.....

Is he one of the Top guys in the NFL at the position?....No.
Is he better than your average DE?....Yes.

J.T. has 1.5 sacks, 3 passes defended, 1 forced fumble with subsequent recovery, and 12 tackles.
Prince O has 1 sack, 2 passes defended, O forced fumbles or fumble recoveries, and 9 tackles.
Remember J.T. got the 1.5 sacks and the ff and recovery after he sprained his mcl in the first quarter against the Jets. I do, however, think he should have sat this one out. He just wasn't as crisp and we really need him against NE.
I think in addition to his numbers the reason everybody "loves this guy" is because he is such a leader and motivator on his team. I only go to one game a year but J.T. is always on the sidelines psyching up the rest of the guys. Don't underestimate his role on this team.
I think blaming one player is silly. The entire team played below par. No defense should ever give up that many points. Maybe this caused Feidler to force things but he was just trying to get his team back in the game. Hopefully the guys can use this as a motivator for next week.
Bring on NE!

Lord some of you are frustrating...

Taylor has a partially torn MCL...give him a break. At least he showed up and played unlike Surtain, who has a bruise, and skips two games.

Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, Brock Marion...they are all great players, they just all SUCKED BUTT yesterday.

This defense will be angry all week, and they will be up and ready to smash the Patriots come Sunday.

I want to see Ray Lucas in at QB this week though. My reason is not because Jay threw four picks, it is because his hand is OBVIOUSLY hurting, and I want a healthy QB throwing the ball.

Oh and BTW, anyone notice how the Pats played the pass, and allowed Tominlson to beat them? Think they will try and stop the run this week? Think we need a healthy QB throwin this week?

Damn Straight

Originally posted by WCoastFin
Is he one of the Top guys in the NFL at the position?....No.
Is he better than your average DE?....Yes.

Is he one of the Top guys in the NFL at the position?....Yes

Is he a pirennial All-Pro at the position?....No

his greatest asset is his athletic ability and motor that let him play hard every down, i.e not only on passing downs or running downs. He is not Reggie White, but he's as good as anyone out there

How can Jay's finger be the problem when he started the game yesterday with 9 straight completions and was 17-25 with 158 yards and a rushing TD in the first half......

He imploded in the fourth Quarter, but to say it was because of his finger is questionable? I'm not trying to flame you here 87, but I would like to know how you came up with this theory?

Oh....and I completely agree with you about the frustrating people in here today.....I'm seriously considering letting the lunatics run the asylum for a week and then come back after they have been medicated with a Dolphin victory next week.;)

Personally, as much as it pains me to say this, I think our Defensive Ends miss having Daryll Gardener in the lineup. You can say what you want about him, but when he WAS on the field he was a great player. He gave us the dimension of not only being able to stuff the run, but he consistently got upfield in passing situations. He may have not always got the sack, but getting push up the middle forces the QB to flush to the outside, and usually into an oncoming defensive ends arms.

So far, the QB is stting nice and tight right in the middle of the pocket. This makes it MUCH tougher on a DE to get in the and make a sack. even if the pocket is pushed two steps back it makes it 10 times easier for a defensive end... but none of that is happening.

Originally posted by inFINSible
How can Jay's finger be the problem when he started the game yesterday with 9 straight completions and was 17-25 with 158 yards and a rushing TD in the first half......

He imploded in the fourth Quarter, but to say it was because of his finger is questionable? I'm not trying to flame you here 87, but I would like to know how you came up with this theory?

jay threw ducks yesterday on the long ball. i think he has kurt warner syndrome. i agree, i want to see Lucas until his finger is better. he will only hurt us by being tough.

Originally posted by grooves12
Personally, as much as it pains me to say this, I think our Defensive Ends miss having Daryll Gardener in the lineup. You can say what you want about him, but when he WAS on the field he was a great player. He gave us the dimension of not only being able to stuff the run, but he consistently got upfield in passing situations. He may have not always got the sack, but getting push up the middle forces the QB to flush to the outside, and usually into an oncoming defensive ends arms.

So far, the QB is stting nice and tight right in the middle of the pocket. This makes it MUCH tougher on a DE to get in the and make a sack. even if the pocket is pushed two steps back it makes it 10 times easier for a defensive end... but none of that is happening.

wrong! you are so way off dude. the Dline stuffed priest holmes. teh dline was not the problem. the problem was noone accounted for the "man among boys", tony gonzalez.

Originally posted by inFINSible

depends on when he got hit and when it started bothering him? do you know when that was? probably not. and throwing a long ball is different than throwing little out patterns and over the middle stuff.

Originally posted by dolphan39

Is he one of the Top guys in the NFL at the position?....Yes

Is he a pirennial All-Pro at the position?....No

his greatest asset is his athletic ability and motor that let him play hard every down, i.e not only on passing downs or running downs. He is not Reggie White, but he's as good as anyone out there

what noone saw the great play JT had last week to put the ice on testeverde? cmon, you people are nuts. JT is doing more than 95 % of what teh league is doing right now. he makes plays all over. and notice how many times teams run away from him.:monkey:

Originally posted by finfan54

wrong! you are so way off dude. the Dline stuffed priest holmes. teh dline was not the problem. the problem was noone accounted for the "man among boys", tony gonzalez.

We are talking about rushing the passer. Just because we stuffed Priest Holmes.... means absolutely nothing when it comes to the passing game. All a defensive lineman has to do in the running game is hold the point of attack, and not let the running back come forward. In the passing game you have to get pressure up the field... our defensive lineman, mainly the tackles have not shown the ability to do this, that is why we are not coming up with many sacks.

Back
Top Bottom