DE J. Taylor : Where Are You??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE J. Taylor : Where Are You???

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
This is a subject that has been bothering me some. The subject is "J. Taylor : Where Are You??"....

DE J. Taylor has been almost silent during the pre-season this year. At the same time, two young guys {Ogunleye/Bowens} have stepped up and made an immediate impact on our pass rush.....

At the same time, J. Taylor has been very quiet.....

This bothers me. Here's why.....

A. Ogunleye "OGUNGA" has played twice as good as J. Taylor has this off-season. I also think D. Bowens was doing more than J. Taylor before he went down as well.....

BOTTOM LINE : J. Taylor hasn't been getting to the QB as regularly as these two youngsters have, and I'm wondering why. Where are his numbers, and will he improve on last seasons "highly overrated" 9 sacks???......

I say highly overrated because most of them were a direct result of the opposing WR's being shut down.....COVERAGE SACKS.

J. Taylor has never impressed me with his size, and he relies heavily on his speed. He's a skinny speed rusher with minimal strength. His style is simply one demensional......

I like what I've seen from both Ogunga and Bowens more than what I've seen from J. Taylor. If J. Taylor can't get to the QB as frequently as either one of these new guys, what does that tell you about the value of a player like J. Taylor????......

It tells me that he's slipping. It also tells me that he's not as good as some fans think he is.....

In order for J. Taylor to win back my confidence, I'll need to see him rack up more than 10 sacks this year.....If he can't break 10, he's not worth keeping around much longer IMO.

His career as a model has been working well, maybe he's more concerned about his looks than getting to the QB......

There are plenty of guys who could come in and replace him IMO. Ogunga and Bownes have proven that already.....

J. Taylor : Where Are You???:cry:

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Blitzkrieg.................

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
This is a subject that has been bothering me some. The subject is "J. Taylor : Where Are You??"....

DE J. Taylor has been almost silent during the pre-season this year. At the same time, two young guys {Ogunleye/Bowens} have stepped up and made an immediate impact on our pass rush.....

At the same time, J. Taylor has been very quiet.....

This bothers me. Here's why.....

A. Ogunleye "OGUNGA" has played twice as good as J. Taylor has this off-season. I also think D. Bowens was doing more than J. Taylor before he went down as well.....

BOTTOM LINE : J. Taylor hasn't been getting to the QB as regularly as these two youngsters have, and I'm wondering why. Where are his numbers, and will he improve on last seasons "highly overrated" 9 sacks???......

I say highly overrated because most of them were a direct result of the opposing WR's being shut down.....COVERAGE SACKS.

J. Taylor has never impressed me with his size, and he relies heavily on his speed. He's a skinny speed rusher with minimal strength. His style is simply one demensional......

I like what I've seen from both Ogunga and Bowens more than what I've seen from J. Taylor. If J. Taylor can't get to the QB as frequently as either one of these new guys, what does that tell you about the value of a player like J. Taylor????......

It tells me that he's slipping. It also tells me that he's not as good as some fans think he is.....

In order for J. Taylor to win back my confidence, I'll need to see him rack up more than 10 sacks this year.....If he can't break 10, he's not worth keeping around much longer IMO.

His career as a model has been working well, maybe he's more concerned about his looks than getting to the QB......

There are plenty of guys who could come in and replace him IMO. Ogunga and Bownes have proven that already.....

J. Taylor : Where Are You???:cry:

I'm not disagreeing with you're take on this subject,but I'm just curious about something. I've been a diehard 'phins fan for 13 years now and always will be. I always to try to look at things objectively when it comes to my 'phins overall. I especially try not to be overly bias when it comes to the play of the Dolphins,etc. I've never heard you say anything positive about the 'phins.

I think you should start watching the games rather than the stats. Ogun may have had the sack but JT is all over the field stopping the run, putting pressure on the QB and dropping into coverage. No doubt the best DE we have.

Originally posted by Merman
I think you should start watching the games rather than the stats. Ogun may have had the sack but JT is all over the field stopping the run, putting pressure on the QB and dropping into coverage. No doubt the best DE we have.
==============================================

Start watching the games???....

That's funny, I've been a Phinz fan since I could walk, and I've been a season ticket holder for 7 years now....

I've been watching the games, and I've also been a supporter of J. Taylor as well. I'm an avid Phinz fan, and I have concerns about J. Talyors' ability to reach the QB on a consistant basis.....

When I see second and third year guys out there doing a better job than J. Taylor, I get concerned.....

Would any of you be concerned if Ogunga or Bowens ends up with more sacks than J. Taylor this year???......

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Originally posted by Merman

Thanks, now I don`t have to type a reply because you took the words right out of my mouth. Against Houston, JT was EVERYWHERE!

Kinda easier for the youngstres to get sacks, when JT is getting doubled team every play. I also think the VETS aren't going all out in preseason, like ZAch Thomas said before they are not going to show anybody what they are going to do in the regular season. It's not like Jevon Kearse, Ray Lewis and BRian Urlacher are having Stellar preseasons or anything. Detroit is less than 2 weeks is all I am concerned with right now.

You say you've been watching the games, Blitz. But obviously you have missed a lot. Do you tape the games?? Spend a game focusing on JT for a game and you'll change your mind. I thought JT played a great game in Houston the other night. Turley couldn't handle him. He also played well on the left side.

JT has more pass rush moves than those two players combined. He's phenomenal. Isn't it funny how almost everytime a big play happens in the pocket with the game on the line.....JT is there to sack the QB, recover the fumble, score the TD, etc.

Just wait for the season to come. JT is gonna have a great year.

You say "Overrated 9 sacks" most experts will say that JT was the best DE in the AFC last year and definitely should have been to the Pro-Bowl last year. He was phenomenal last year w/o a guy on the other side to take any pressure off him.

He plays the run extremely well and chases alot of plays down from behind. You say relies o his speed to make plays, show me a RDE who doesn't? That's why every team looks up and down for speed rushers to pressure the QB.

BTW, he gave up his modeling career before last season and only does sparse work at it now. Please become informed before you talk stuff about one of the best defensive players at any position in the game.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Would any of you be concerned if Ogunga or Bowens ends up with more sacks than J. Taylor this year???.....

Not really. Were you concerned when Trace had more sacks?? Ogun and Bowens will help JT this year and he deserves it. Did you notice that the D-Ends were flipping sides in the Houston game?? With that kind of talent and tactics there will be more than enough sacks.

JT's also getting a lot of attention from O lines..even when I listen to games..I hear the pressure JT's putting on..I think JT will have a monster year....Sacks, TacKles and QB pressures..He as always will make a difference when he's on the field.

Originally posted by Phinstd
You say "Overrated 9 sacks" most experts will say that JT was the best DE in the AFC last year and definitely should have been to the Pro-Bowl last year. He was phenomenal last year w/o a guy on the other side to take any pressure off him.

He plays the run extremely well and chases alot of plays down from behind. You say relies o his speed to make plays, show me a RDE who doesn't? That's why every team looks up and down for speed rushers to pressure the QB.

BTW, he gave up his modeling career before last season and only does sparse work at it now. Please become informed before you talk stuff about one of the best defensive players at any position in the game.
[/QUOTE

Your first paragraph : Name one expert who said JT was the best DE in the AFC last year....Good Luck.

"He plays the run extremely well??"....How are you playing the run extremely well, when your chasing down players from behind??? That's not playing the run extremely well IMO. That's chasing a player down from behind because for some strange reason he already got by you.....

He has improved against the run, that I'll admit.

He relys on his speed because that's all he has....If he had some strength, he wouldn't need to be as fast. If he had both, he would be the dominating DE most of you already think he is....

"Informed???"......What, about his modling career???

I'm a football fan. I'm very informed about what he does as a football player. I could care less about his modling career.

"One of the best defensiev players at any position in the game"

Please, get some help....That's one of the most laughable compliments I've ever heard anyone give to J. Taylor. :lol: :lol:

JT

Seriously this is a surprise...
People MIGHT have an argument attacking Jay,Timbo, Mcdropps and other underachivers..
but JT the guy is dynamite..Look at all the progress he has made regarding the run...on top of that he still rushes the passer like a possessed man..but what i love more and what i find completely ludicrous that you say about JT is his HEART...to say the guy cares more about modelling than football is a joke..don't doubt him..He has always been a proud dolphin ,ready to take one for the team, AND he never takes plays off...I love the player and the guy and as evidenced by the responses so do most dolfans :fire:

Larry Chester chases plays down from behind. Pat Williams chases plays down from behind. Jevon Kearse chases plays down from behind. Does that mean they don't play well against the run?? Does that mean they were being run at?? NO.

And.....if they WERE beaten on that play, it's nice to know that they're athletic enough to chase it down and not give up on it.

JT is extremely disciplined on D. And as for his "modeling career".....he made ONE CALENDER. And after he saw what a big deal it became, he gave it up.

Blitz is like D-Gard ... he talks a big game about his knowledge but can't back it up through his posts. If only he were injured as often....

Back
Top Bottom