De Vonta Smith wins AP Player of the Year - Ramifications for Miami | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

De Vonta Smith wins AP Player of the Year - Ramifications for Miami

Because Tua was better than Mac Jones. Jones is really good, but there was a reason why games were over at halftime with Tua.
Yes Tua was better b/c he had Ruggs and Juedy to go along with Smith and Waddle.

Why don't you give credit where credit is due? Those guys can make any good QB look great.

I mean, I don't and neither will anybody else but you. This should be a revelation to you, but you'll refuse to see it.
Actually, he has a valid point, in that assessments are very subjective.

I don't think Jones should be thought of as a top tier pick either, but as far as the actual statistics, not much difference.

Yes Tua was better b/c he had Ruggs and Juedy to go along with Smith and Waddle.

Why don't you give credit where credit is due? Those guys can make any good QB look great.

how have Ruggs and Jeudy been doing lately? i mean, if we're going to criticize Tua it's only fair to do the same with them.

maybe Jeudy and Ruggs only lit it up because they played with Tua? questions upon questions

Actually, he has a valid point, in that assessments are very subjective.

I don't think Jones should be thought of as a top tier pick either, but as far as the actual statistics, not much difference.
Except his entire point is that they were evaluated by statistics only which is a busted assertion to begin with. No reason to double down on it with Jones.

Except his entire point is that they were evaluated by statistics only which is a busted assertion to begin with. No reason to double down on it with Jones.
I am never really sure what ole Largo's point is.....lol

In this case, though, he was only stating factual statistics, in the post to which I was referencing.

how have Ruggs and Jeudy been doing lately? i mean, if we're going to criticize Tua it's only fair to do the same with them.

maybe Jeudy and Ruggs only lit it up because they played with Tua? questions upon questions
Well Ruggs is a huge rookie weapon for LV and Juedy has had a pretty good year also. They're rookies and will have great careers, maybe you're expecting too much from them.

Tua will be fine also, I'm not a Tua's basher, I want him to succeed b/c I'm a dolphin fan. Miami has the assets to surround him with talent, which is what he needs.

I am never really sure what ole Largo's point is.....lol

In this case, though, he was only stating factual statistics, in the post to which I was referencing.

The point is: If McShay had Tua #7 last year, and Burrow #2 overall, he should have Mac Jones in the same area, maybe top 15 at worst. I understand you subjectively can like feet, pocket awareness, etc., of Tua over Jones, but not where Jones is #31.
But to say that Jones being 1st round pick is laughable, that is completely inconsistent with Tua and Burrow valuation last year. Something is completely off and not objective in that valuation.

I guess no one is excited about their defensive players in the draft

We definitely need help on defense. While I love having a scheme based successful defense, above average talent would be nice too. I’d love to do a deal with Washington for Chase Young.

I like a lot of players on Alabama’s offense and Georgia’s defense.

We definitely need help on defense. While I love having a scheme based successful defense, above average talent would be nice too. I’d love to do a deal with Washington for Chase Young.
Why would Washington be interested in that?

Back
Top Bottom