De Vonta Smith wins AP Player of the Year - Ramifications for Miami | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

De Vonta Smith wins AP Player of the Year - Ramifications for Miami

Ummm, no. Finally rewatched this and he clearly leads with the crown of the helmet.

Just before the hit:

View attachment 62525

The hit itself from both sides:

View attachment 62526
View attachment 62527

There was a Clemson fan in last night's Nat Championship game crying that the targetting was such a bad call. honestly watching this in real time was bad enough, it's a complete chicken **** attempt at a tackle, masquerading as I'm a hard man look at how hard I hit.

That's huge, D Smith will be at the Senior Bowl. A whole week for us to spend time with him

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210118-085204_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210118-085204_Chrome.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 5
Tua/Pitts>Tua/Smith

TE position wasn't the problem. While I like Pitts, he wouldn't be as big of an upgrade as Smith over any WR that we have.
Did you not see who Tua was throwing to and amount of drops we had?

Gesicki is an above average TE in this league already. I don't understand on why so many people can't wait to upgrade him

That's huge, D Smith will be at the Senior Bowl. A whole week for us to spend time with him
Won't matter.

I firmly believe the jets will take him. I think sewell is going to get a very hard look from the jets to make a brick wall around darnold (they will grab a qb later) pairing him with mechi beckton, but in the end, points win EVERYTHING and after Smith's epic performance against the buckeyes AND not wanting him in miami to burn them 2X a year, these two factors tilt the balance and smith is their choice at #2.

Ja'mar Chase is no slouch either and if it is the finz choice to stay put at 3 and choose a wr, "ending up with" chase won't send the fin fans marching to dolphin headquarters with tar, feathers and torches.

Won't matter.

I firmly believe the jets will take him. I think sewell is going to get a very hard look from the jets to make a brick wall around darnold (they will grab a qb later) pairing him with mechi beckton, but in the end, points win EVERYTHING and after Smith's epic performance against the buckeyes AND not wanting him in miami to burn them 2X a year, these two factors tilt the balance and smith is their choice at #2.

Ja'mar Chase is no slouch either and if it is the finz choice to stay put at 3 and choose a wr, "ending up with" chase won't send the fin fans marching to dolphin headquarters with tar, feathers and torches.

Yeah definitely anything is possible. Still great for us to spend some time with Smith to see if he would be a right fit with our coaches. Basically eliminates the need to even interview this kid later on since we get to spend and entire week with him in meetings, practices etc.

I too think the guy with less than half the yards will be better than the guy with more than twice the yards...
Pitts is a solid player. The tight end group is fine though. The guys we have now fill their roles nicely. I wouldn't mind adding one later in the draft to create competition in the room. But Shaheen and gesicki have done for more than any reciever not named parker.

TE position wasn't the problem. While I like Pitts, he wouldn't be as big of an upgrade as Smith over any WR that we have.
Did you not see who Tua was throwing to and amount of drops we had?

Gesicki is an above average TE in this league already. I don't understand on why so many people can't wait to upgrade him
Why would Pitts need to replace Gesicki? They can both be on the field at the same time. They're both basically just big WRs.

I'd be okay trading back into the teens, grabbing Pitts and then taking someone like Rodgers in a later round, or maybe a Moore.

Back
Top Bottom