[Deadspin] The Dolphins Smashed Their Own Dicks To A Pulp, And Then Smashed Them Some More | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Deadspin] The Dolphins Smashed Their Own Dicks To A Pulp, And Then Smashed Them Some More

What is your opinion of Burrow? Some are saying he should be considered at #1? From the games I have seen he does not seem great. Good maybe but over Tua?

Might be a decent pick if you’re going to bring Joe Brady with him to be passing game coordinator.

Although I’d disagree with the notion he’s the most pro ready quarterback coming out. He’s running the exact same offense Tua is running at Alabama with the spread concepts and RPO’s. Just less experienced in it at the college level.

Last year when he was running a more traditional offense that required him to take snaps under center, execute precise drops while timing up routes, and turning his back to the defense - he was pretty bad. Mediocre at best. He wasn’t comfortable with it as he had never done it.

The type of offense he’s running now is a better fit for him because it’s more similar to the type of offense he ran in high school.

Gesicki... by my count that’s 6 dropped TDs this year:

- Williams = 3 (Baltimore, NE, Dallas)*
- Parker = 1 (Dallas)
- Grant = 1 (NE)
- Gesicki = 1 (Wash)

To be fair to Williams, the one he dropped vs NE may not have been a score. His momentum may have carried him OOB around the 5-10 yard line. But holy hell we can’t catch.

Bad play calls happen all the time in football. Yes, any play that didn't work is going to be called a bad call, just as plays that do work are always great play calls. You know, hindsight and all that. But there are still calls that are truly bad. And while I agree that this particular screen was a bad play call, at the time my impression was that we didn't have any calls that were actually any good at that point. Not being able to run the ball is a terrible handicap inside the 5, especially when the other teams knows it.

OTOH, the notion that Flores wants to lose is so ridiculous it's only good as clickbait.

Bad play calls happen all the time in football. Yes, any play that didn't work is going to be called a bad call, just as plays that do work are always great play calls. You know, hindsight and all that. But there are still calls that are truly bad. And while I agree that this particular screen was a bad play call, at the time my impression was that we didn't have any calls that were actually any good at that point. Not being able to run the ball is a terrible handicap inside the 5, especially when the other teams knows it.

OTOH, the notion that Flores wants to lose is so ridiculous it's only good as clickbait.
This is fair. As I have rewatched that play 15 times (don’t ask me why), the issue bigger than the play call was the placement of the throw. It needed to be in front of Drake, not behind him. Had he caught it the way it was thrown I don’t think he gets in. Had he caught it w his momentum going forward, perhaps he does. I think the execution was worse than the call. As you point out, we don’t have any go to play calls. No o-line and no ability to run = no good options.

"There is no clearer way to signal that you are the overmatched football team than to run a succession of screen passes where the recipient of the ball immediately has the flesh torn off his bones by a pack of lions. If, later, you had one single play to win the game, and, despite the above evidence, you called a screen pass, which the receiver dropped, potentially out of concern for his own safety, we would have to conclude one of two things: that you were trying to lose the game, or that you’re stupid."

I wonder what Deadspin will say when we walk the Tua pick up to the podium

Back
Top Bottom