[deadspin] Why Your Team Sucks 2018: Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[deadspin] Why Your Team Sucks 2018: Miami Dolphins

Thanks for posting, but to me these lost their flavor. Funny at first but now it’s obvious they are struggling for a laugh.

Thanks for posting, but to me these lost their flavor. Funny at first but now it’s obvious they are struggling for a laugh.
yeah, they've been doing this articles for a few years

This bit had me giggling to myself:

They don’t import malcontents, they CREATE them. Their most notable feat of this decade was having one of their lineman bully another lineman to the point of insanity, and then turn insane himself. This is not a healthy place.

I'm picturing our lockerroom to be almost as toxic as the old timey lead cans that made sailors go insane.

The comments are always my favorite. Typically the funniest fins related thing all year that's actually meant to be funny.

The comments are always good. I always screenshot one of them because they are soul crushingly accurate and see if it comes true as the upcoming season progresses.

My favorite this year is, “Their fate, now and forever, is to be the team at the bottom of the “playoffs scenarios” slides the broadcasters start running mid season. They are the team eternally “in the hunt” or “needs some help” that inevitably misses, gets a mid-teens draft pick, reaches for a project quarterback, and repeats until the end of time.”

THAT IS SO MIAMI DOLPHINS. Why do we like this team lol?

The comments are always good. I always screenshot one of them because they are soul crushingly accurate and see if it comes true as the upcoming season progresses.

My favorite this year is, “Their fate, now and forever, is to be the team at the bottom of the “playoffs scenarios” slides the broadcasters start running mid season. They are the team eternally “in the hunt” or “needs some help” that inevitably misses, gets a mid-teens draft pick, reaches for a project quarterback, and repeats until the end of time.”

THAT IS SO MIAMI DOLPHINS. Why do we like this team lol?

I always enjoy the Deadspin WYTS articles, it means the season is nearly here. The Dolphins one is pretty close to the mark at times, but that comment bugged me. How many project QB's have the Dolphins reached for in the first round? Tannehill was the first QB since Danny drafted in the first.

I always enjoy the Deadspin WYTS articles, it means the season is nearly here. The Dolphins one is pretty close to the mark at times, but that comment bugged me. How many project QB's have the Dolphins reached for in the first round? Tannehill was the first QB since Danny drafted in the first.

Dolphins love them some project QBs but yeah the John Becks and Pat Whites of the world are usually in the later rounds (because it’s soooooo important they nab that O-lineman that’ll finally turn things around). The first round designation in that post seemed more of a prediction for this next year.

The comments are generally good, but this myth that we stole the fight song from the Oilers needs to die. A quick Google search will reveal that the Dolphins song was written by Lee Ofman during the 1972 run to perfection. The Oilers song was written by Ofman in 1978 as part of their Luv Ya Blue campaign. The Oilers “stole” it from us by having the same guy write a tune for them.

The comments are generally good, but this myth that we stole the fight song from the Oilers needs to die. A quick Google search will reveal that the Dolphins song was written by Lee Ofman during the 1972 run to perfection. The Oilers song was written by Ofman in 1978 as part of their Luv Ya Blue campaign. The Oilers “stole” it from us by having the same guy write a tune for them.
Actually the correct version is that the song was written for us and when we refused to copyright the song it was resold to the Oilers when they were looking for a fight song.

Back
Top Bottom