Deangelo Hall: "nobody's Better Than X Right Now" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deangelo Hall: "nobody's Better Than X Right Now"

Best defensive player in the NFL. He needs to stay on the field for all 16 games though.

Khalil Mack is stellar (when not facing a guy named Laremy Tunsil).
Mack generally went up against James, not Tunsil.

I'm a big fan of X and it's great to see him getting some national recognition. In addition to him, Minkah Fitzpatrick should improve with a year under his belt and likely to get some Coach Flores polish. I can see our DB's being a real strength of our team.

Not according to this very site. Heck some of the posters don't even think X is a top 10 in the entire league.

Mack generally went up against James, not Tunsil.

I’m just homering it up a bit before training camp starts. My first reaction to your statement was that Mack just feared LT.

On the verge of full homerism in about a week before reality sets in.

A. Epenesa and C. Young look legit. Hard for me to imagine a scenario where Rosen plays well enough for Miami to bypass a top QB. Either he plays Miami out of that range, or he's given a chance to beat out the 2020 rookie QB. If it's Tua, I don't think they'll give him much of chance.

If Rosen plays well enough to keep Miami out of range for a QB, it probably means the OL played well enough. They could still go OL in the 1st (NE has twice since 2011). But, I'd be at OL or WR with the pick, assuming it's between 11-20. If Miami drafts early (Top 5, probably Top 10), it has to be QB then WR or OL for me - preferably WR, which is stacked, and a 1st RD talent is likely to fall to the early 30s. Don't care how good or bad the D is until the O at least threatens the Top 10.

You know more about that draft than I do but if it’s not qb and an edge rusher is there who is worth it I’m hard pressed to pass.

But I do agree with you they draft tua there is no more competition. Although I will say his decision making even in the spring game makes me a little nervous. Might be more about skill guys around the qb than the qb though in terms of coverage reads and route.

With that schedule this year he should roll thru the regular season with rediculous numbers same for the Clemson qb. Although what I saw in the spring game with both o line wise could I guess throw a dent in it. Looked like those QBs are gonna have to move at least a little more.

On a different note doesn’t Espinosa’s frame project more 34 de? I saw a little bit of stuff and it looks 34 de body type to me. But it was a limited look

I will say though that if there’s a Zach Martin level or Brandon scherf or the Indy guard guy like a legit top 5 lock stock all pro in the making I have zero issue with going that route over anything except for qb.

Cause those guys are worth their weight in gold.

Last edited:
What I like most about Howard is how he can track a ball, break off his coverage and intercept a ball thrown in another or general area, he covering. He's done that several times over the past few years.

You know more about that draft than I do but if it’s not qb and an edge rusher is there who is worth it I’m hard pressed to pass.

But I do agree with you they draft tua there is no more competition. Although I will say his decision making even in the spring game makes me a little nervous. Might be more about skill guys around the qb than the qb though in terms of coverage reads and route.

With that schedule this year he should roll thru the regular season with rediculous numbers same for the Clemson qb. Although what I saw in the spring game with both o line wise could I guess throw a dent in it. Looked like those QBs are gonna have to move at least a little more.

On a different note doesn’t Espinosa’s frame project more 34 de? I saw a little bit of stuff and it looks 34 de body type to me. But it was a limited look

I will say though that if there’s a Zach Martin level or Brandon scherf or the Indy guard guy like a legit top 5 lock stock all pro in the making I have zero issue with going that route over anything except for qb.

Cause those guys are worth their weight in gold.

Yeah, I was thinking OG or RT as more of an option outside the Top 10, which is where I see Miami drafting if Rosen plays well enough to like him as the guy in 2020

Yeah, I was thinking OG or RT as more of an option outside the Top 10, which is where I see Miami drafting if Rosen plays well enough to like him as the guy in 2020

All I know is if we end up with a right tackle drop your balls and trade up or something with all these damn assets they keep talking about. Otherwise I think this qualifies as a failure.

The leagues littered with serviceable right tackles

Does that mean you think Rosen will be the QB moving forward or looked at as the franchise type? Do you believe if Miami does pick outside the top 10 in 2020 and doesnt select a QB, How do you view selecting a QB in round #1 in 2021 if your prediction of Rosen and 2019 come true?

Does that mean you think Rosen will be the QB moving forward or looked at as the franchise type? Do you believe if Miami does pick outside the top 10 in 2020 and doesnt select a QB, How do you view selecting a QB in round #1 in 2021 if your prediction of Rosen and 2019 come true?

No, I'm saying that if Miami is in position to draft a QB in the Top 10, they have to draft QB - unless they really hate all the options. Rosen has a shot, but if I had to bet on success or failure, I'd bet on failure.

He’s gonna have to become completely shut down if he wants to reach revis level.

Revis was complete and utter shut down in his prime and damn good in run support too

What I read, and admit didn't see, is we did a great job schematically against Mack. When he lined up on James we doubled him, the idea was to frustrate him to the other side where we left Tunsil alone to handle him. I'm not sure of the accuracy of this but I remember reading or seeing it broken down somewhere.

No, I'm saying that if Miami is in position to draft a QB in the Top 10, they have to draft QB - unless they really hate all the options. Rosen has a shot, but if I had to bet on success or failure, I'd bet on failure.
My suspicion is, Miami will try to trade up for the QB if they finish in the 12-15 range. Just like Buffalo did a few years ago for Allen. I believe that's why they've acquired all that draft capital, in order to help facilitate a trade if need be, due to a better than expected win/lose record in 2019. I also believe Miami isn't more than a 3-4 win team. The wildcard here is how hot does Fitzpatrick get and how many wins, will that get them. I know you know an aweful lot about draft prospects, how do you see the top 10 picks for 2020, if all declare? Is Jordan Love top 10 worthy? He seems like a great prospect, but raw.

BR Gridiron via Bleacher Report has an article about the top CB's. I'd post the link, but don't know how. And Miami's very own Xavien Howard is one of the guy's talked about in the article.

Back
Top Bottom