Debate with giants fan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Debate with giants fan

Super Mario and not because I'm a Michigan fan. Hartline has the drive, IQ, and hands to be a good WR for a LONG time, but he does not have Mario's big play speed. That's not saying Hartline is slow, but Mario was always a threat with the ball in his hands in college to score.

Both are good players, but Mario has so much untapped potential. Only thing holding him back is his head (not that he's stupid, but he's made some dumb decisions)

why the **** does hartline have a lower ceiling? because he's white? what other reason makes you believe that a rookie that nearly outplayed our entire receiving core as a rookie, led our receivers in TDs, and averaged over 16 yards a catch has a low ceiling. if you haven't noticed he's a smart smart player and smart players typically get better when you're as good an athlete as Hartline is (one of the quickest 6'2" receivers in the NFL) I'd say because of his route running (i was at the titans game and was VERY impressed) just because someone is fast doesn't mean they have more potential than the man next to him. hell ted ginn is faster than both of them.

the ****?

Last edited:
why the **** does hartline have a lower ceiling? because he's white? what other reason makes you believe that a rookie that nearly outplayed our entire receiving core as a rookie, led our receivers in TDs, and averaged over 16 yards a catch has a low ceiling. if you haven't noticed he's a smart smart player and smart players typically get better when you're as good an athlete as Hartline is (one of the quickest 6'2" receivers in the NFL) I'd say because of his route running (i was at the titans game and was VERY impressed) just because someone is fast doesn't mean they have more potential than the man next to him. hell ted ginn is faster than both of them.

the ****?
not to mention he had considerably less opportunities as well.:hi5:

the ****?
This. Manningham is fast, that's about it. Hartline is better than him in just about every other category.

This. Manningham is fast, that's about it. Hartline is better than him in just about every other category.

IDK about that, I think that's the Miami fan in you talking. If Manningham was currently on the Phins I doubt you'd feel the same way.

Hartline is faster though is he not? someone just posted 40 and shuttle times. My cousin, the one who i was debating with about the two, says you cant go by manninghams combine stats though, but idk, i disagree. he went and those are the numbers he put, basically what he(giants fan) is saying, is that manningham is better then those stats, whos to say hartline isnt better then his though ya know? i just think because he wasnt a high draft pick, or that hes white, people underplay him. hes bigger then manningham, he has long arms and hands, ive seen the stats of them but cant remember offhand, but the kid is good, he plays good ball, knows where hes supposed to be, and has a 1st year chad henne throwing rockets at him. he always fights for the ball, and hes a rookie.

idk it just seems to me like my cousin will say manningham is better he was supposed to be a 1st round pick, but the stats say differently to me. i think hartline has a higher ceiling, he showed that by doing what he did in his rookie year. what did manningham do in his rookie year? i think hartline gets the game better then manningham, understands the mechanics better, and will always have that headstart over him. idk i just think the 2 are both great but i see hartline being the better receiver of the two.

of course this is all my opinion as a dolphins fan, so i guess im skewed

IDK about that, I think that's the Miami fan in you talking. If Manningham was currently on the Phins I doubt you'd feel the same way.
Not the fan in me, it's just true.

Speed - Manningham, and honestly, I'm not so sure about this.
Route Running - Hartline
Hands - Hartline easily
Smarts - Hartline runs away with this one
Size - Hartline
YAC ability - Hartline

Manningham will never live up to his potential imo.

Back
Top Bottom