Debate with giants fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Debate with giants fan

footsteps_falco

Damn SugarBowl
Club Member
Reaction score
Who's better, who has more potential, who would you rather have? Mario Manningham or Brian Hartline? I think Hartline has great upside and will be a perfect #2 for us, he has great hands, and makes plays. I wouldnt trade hartline for manningham everrr, would you guys? my cousin is a huge giants fan and were debating who wed rather have.

i dont know id rather have hartline, Manningham was one of henne's college recievers but i dont know how much that really means

I believe if management would have realized what they had with Hartline a bit earlier in the season
he would have had even better numbers.

31 receptions for 506 yards...16.3 yard average..3tds are very good numbers for a first year player plus the added advantage we have an outstanding special teams player with Hartline.

Hartline is a player who should improve with time and I'm glad we have him.

I wouldnt trade hartline for manningham everrr.

That's only because Hartline is a Dolphin. If the two players were switched around last season you'd be saying you'd never trade Manningham for Hartline. Although in a better situation Manningham had more catches, yards and TD's. I definitely wouldn't be upset if it was an even swap.

Who's better, who has more potential, who would you rather have? Mario Manningham or Brian Hartline? I think Hartline has great upside and will be a perfect #2 for us, he has great hands, and makes plays. I wouldnt trade hartline for manningham everrr, would you guys? my cousin is a huge giants fan and were debating who wed rather have.

Post this thread again in two more years and I am not being a wise ***. Both have great potential, good stats for a first and second year player but both could turn out to be completely different receivers.

One might move the chains and the other might rack up yards, both types are needed on a team.

To early to debate now thou, it’s like arguing the meaning of life, it all depends on your point of view.

Post this thread again in two more years and I am not being a wise ***. Both have great potential, good stats for a first and second year player but both could turn out to be completely different receivers.

One might move the chains and the other might rack up yards, both types are needed on a team.

To early to debate now thou, it’s like arguing the meaning of life, it all depends on your point of view.

I agree it is tough to compare, but just because we cannot see the future doesn't mean we can't choose either player.

As a Dolphin fan I am going to have a bias towards selecting Hartline of the two.

But I reason that Manningham in his second year has had the better situation over Hartline. Think about it. He has had more time with the offense. Has a more developed and seasoned veteran QB throwing to him (SB experience helps). They run 4 WR sets.

Hartline is on a team that wasn't "pass-happy" until late in the season.

His physical attributes added to his special teams play is a big upside.

I expect (hoping) this upcoming season Hartline and Henne develop more. I hope that we open up the offense to allow our receiving core to spread things out.

So no, I would not take Manningham over Hartline. I believe Hartline has a lot of potential that was untapped this past season.

For me there is no question i would rather have Mario Manningham. if we could get Heartline for Manninham straight up i would take that in a heart beat we have like 3 heartlines on this team and no Manninghams it is so easy to find a WR that can do what Brian Hartline can do.

I like hartline but Manningham showed he can be a big play guy. Now like few have said he was only a rookie so you cant really say much yet.

Let's not forget those of you who stick to the stats that Hartline had a rushing touchdown week 17 against the Steelers. Even though we are comparing them as receivers I consider a TD a TD.

So he would have 4 TD's in my book.

i'd say hartline is the most usefull of the two right now... he plays STs, he can play any position at WR (knows his playbook more than any other WR ) and he's a baller

the thing is, though, i think his upside is limited where manningham's is pretty high... but that's just my opinion, so i guess what i'm trying to say is that hartline is the better of the two right now but in the long haul manningham has a better chance of becoming something special

I agree it is tough to compare, but just because we cannot see the future doesn't mean we can't choose either player.

As a Dolphin fan I am going to have a bias towards selecting Hartline of the two.

But I reason that Manningham in his second year has had the better situation over Hartline. Think about it. He has had more time with the offense. Has a more developed and seasoned veteran QB throwing to him (SB experience helps). They run 4 WR sets.

Hartline is on a team that wasn't "pass-happy" until late in the season.

His physical attributes added to his special teams play is a big upside.

I expect (hoping) this upcoming season Hartline and Henne develop more. I hope that we open up the offense to allow our receiving core to spread things out.

So no, I would not take Manningham over Hartline. I believe Hartline has a lot of potential that was untapped this past season.

Everyone on this board is clamoring for a Boldin, Marshal, Moss, etc...

You know what if Hartline tuned out like Hines Ward this fan would jump up and down because to me that is the type of receiver Miami needs to compliment what they are trying to do.

I also like what I see from Hartline he seems like he is going to be tough and play well. I posted a thread about Hartline earlier in the year and one stat that jumped off the page about him was yards per reception:

In comparison here is how that Hartline stacked up in the NFL this season for all qualified Wide Receivers.
  • Mike Wallace – 39 rec, 19.4ave
  • DeSean Jackson – 63 rec, 18.5ave
  • Mohamed Massaquoi – 34 rec, 18.4ave
  • Malcom Floyd – 45 rec, 17.2ave
  • Vincent Jackson – 68 rec, 17.2ave
  • Chris Chambers – 36 rec, 16.9ave
  • Patrick Crayton – 37 rec, 16.8ave
  • Hakeem Nicks – 47 rec, 16.8ave
  • Kenny Britt – 42 rec, 16.7ave
  • Greg Jennings – 68 rec, 16.4ave
  • Miles Austin – 81 rec, 16.3ave
  • Pierre Garcon – 47 rec, 16.3ave
  • Brian Hartline – 31 rec, 16.3ave
Manningham is 21 spots lower so I pick Hartline.

I believe if management would have realized what they had with Hartline a bit earlier in the season
he would have had even better numbers.

31 receptions for 506 yards...16.3 yard average..3tds are very good numbers for a first year player plus the added advantage we have an outstanding special teams player with Hartline.

Hartline is a player who should improve with time and I'm glad we have him.
This. Not only has Hartline proved to be a very solid player who will get better with time, but he's proven to be a very good special teamer as well. As far as being a receiver goes, he was the only WR I seen slipping tackles and picking up YAC. That's the biggest problem with our WR corp now.

IDK man. Hartline is a PLAYER. He is smart, a student of the game. Manningham has all the measurables though, but hes nottt thattt smarttt. I see hartline as a guy that p. manning would want on his team. A guy that could fill that roll of being on the same page as his QB every time. He may not put up 1000 yds a season but the guy can move the chains and make a play when we need one! I will take that any day.

I loved Manningham in college, and i love him in the pros ... i was so upset when Miami passed on him in the draft, i threw a shoe at the TV ... as much as i like Hartline for his toughness and hands... i think Manningham is better because, of his big play abilities .. hartline made some plays for Miami, that is obvious ... but if you had Manningham in a Dolphins uniform, they wouldn't be looking to fill the WR spot like they seem to be ...

Back
Top Bottom