Dec 30th game ag. Falcons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dec 30th game ag. Falcons

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
I will be in So Fla on 12/30 when the Fins play the Falcon; however, I have a 7 PM flight back home so:

1. is anyone else going to the game ?
  2. what do you So Floridians think are the chances it will be blacked out ?
  3. how much is a taxi from TSFKAJRS to Ft Lauderdale airport and can you get one ?
    [/list=1]

Thanks

Have any Dolphins games been blacked out recently?? I wish the damn Ravens would be blacked out here so I can watch some good games with good teams.

Have any Dolphins games been blacked out recently??
not that I can recall, but it usually down to the wire and it is the Falcons. Though Vick c/b starting by then.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I will be in So Fla on 12/30 when the Fins play the Falcon; however, I have a 7 PM flight back home so:

1. is anyone else going to the game ? "Not that game, but the week after....."
  2. what do you So Floridians think are the chances it will be blacked out ? "It could be blacked out, depending on if Atlanta still has a playoff shot by then."
  3. how much is a taxi from TSFKAJRS to Ft Lauderdale airport and can you get one ? "Now I'm TOTALLY stumped on that one..."
    [/list=1]

Thanks
  1. :cool: Answers are in quotations:cool:

since aj has season tickets and ft lauderdale is on his way home, i bet he would give you a ride. finfans have got to stick together! :D

thanks -I'll think about it, but with all the new security and a 7 PM flight - it will be tight...

Miadphan13

has been to several games this year and she said the security wasn't that bad. i asked because of the tailgate party next year! :D

Re: Miadphan13

Originally posted by dolfan06
has been to several games this year and she said the security wasn't that bad. i asked because of the tailgate party next year! :D
I meant the security a FLL airport, but thanks ;)

my wife flew to Hawaii...........

and they asked her to get to the airport 3 hours before takeoff, she said it took a little longer than normal, but 3 hours was just too long to sit around and wait for your flight ;)

I flew to Orlando in Sept and got there so early I was able to get on a flight an hour and half before mine, but I am worried because 12/30 is holiday time. :(

i wouldn't be too worried...........

most people who fly out on vacation, wait until the last minute to return. dec 30 is actually between xmas and new years and i imagine most people will wait until monday to leave! ;)

Re: i wouldn't be too worried...........

Originally posted by dolfan06
most people who fly out on vacation, wait until the last minute to return. dec 30 is actually between xmas and new years and i imagine most people will wait until monday to leave! ;)

I am a travel agent, so I know this is true! I usually tell my clients to arrive at the airport 1 1/2 hours prior to take off, so I would suggest getting there within 2 hours during tighter security.

Question: Where are you storing your luggage during the game? Also remember, cameras and cell phones are allowed into the game, but purses, camera cases and coolers are not.

It might be more convienent to rent a car for a few hours instead of taking a cab. It would take you approx 30 minutes to drive 16 miles to FLL airport from JRS

Rental car: Approx $45 + $20 for parking at JRS ($65 total)

Taxi fare: Fares are $3.00 for the first mile, $2.00 for each additional mile and $0.25 for each minute of waiting time. (approx $40. It could take you up to 20 minutes to find the cab after the game) Yellow Cab/Checker can be reached at (954) 777-7777.

I hope this helps you :)

thanks 13 that's great. :cool: :D :)

I would probably go to the game with my wife or Dad and then meet the rest of the family at the airport. So luggage is a problem. I guess I don't need a cab :goof: :confused: :lol: , just a guestimate on how long it would take after the game to get out of the stadium and to FLL.

Of course, somehow, they are going to be move the game to 4 PM so that I miss it completely. :cry:

Originally posted by dolphan39
I would probably go to the game with my wife or Dad and then meet the rest of the family at the airport. So luggage is a problem. I guess I don't need a cab :goof: :confused: :lol: , just a guestimate on how long it would take after the game to get out of the stadium and to FLL. Of course, somehow, they are going to be move the game to 4 PM so that I miss it completely. :cry:

:lol: Solution!! - Send your wife or your Dad to the airport with the luggage. Take the other to the game with you. No problem on the luggage part. ;) Call for a cab before you leave for JRS and find out which gate (A-H) they can pick you up at. Schedule a time for pickup. I would say 4pm. Bail on the game a few minutes early to avoid the crowd. Which goes against the Dolphins code of being a dedicated fan. ;) Catch the cab at the specified gate and off you go. :D

Why would they change the game to 4pm???

Back
Top Bottom