December and playoff collapses all point to one thing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

December and playoff collapses all point to one thing

phinfan27

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And that is our DEFENSE!!!!!!! Our defense blows in December every year and when we actually make the playoffs, they choke. They knew they had to make a stop, and couldn't make any plays at all. At New England, same thing. Season is on the line, and the defense gives the game away. At Buffalo last year, same thing. It's a trend. Blame it on Fiedler yes, because he sucks. But it is the defense who is overrated and needs to change.

Originally posted by phinfan34
And that is our DEFENSE!!!!!!! Our defense blows in December every year and when we actually make the playoffs, they choke. They knew they had to make a stop, and couldn't make any plays at all. At New England, same thing. Season is on the line, and the defense gives the game away. At Buffalo last year, same thing. It's a trend. Blame it on Fiedler yes, because he sucks. But it is the defense who is overrated and needs to change.

I agree completely34. But I will say this. Miami's offense has stunk for 4 yrs with Fielder. And with a pretty good defense this whole time. BUT when you rely on your defense every week to win the game because the stinking offense can't get a first down or score a td, it wears on you big time. Over the course of the season. The defense gets demoralized knowing your offense can't to ****. IF Miami had a better offense (not Fielder at qb) this team would have gone longer in the playoffs. The yrs Miami made the playoffs. Granted, there have been some big time December defense collapses, but I feel that most of the time the offense has collapsed the WHOLE season. The Dallas game gave everyone a glimpse of what this team is capable of doing on both sides of the ball. But they can't do it consistently. There are too many overpaid , underachieving, players on this team. Time to get rid of some of them. But I blame this mostly on the coach. He's the one responsible for putting them out there. Bet rid of him and then get rid of a lot of these players..

I think this team needs an offense that can step up when the defense falters. I understand what your saying, but the D can't play lights out every game. You can't blame the defense for the Pats game 2 weeks ago. The Pats offense scored 3 freakin' points. In spite of how our pro-bowl laden defense seems to go to sleep at times, it's our offense that gives up more big plays at the most critical of times.

Originally posted by Rebar71
it's our offense that gives up more big plays at the most critical of times.

Music to my ears. For the last 4 yrs. How many times have we seen the defense come up big and then the offense turns the ball over at critical times and the defense HAS to stop them and then everyone blames the defense for the loss...

I totally agree with you that irregardless of excuse and becase they get paid 2/3 of the team's cap; the D needs to play great every week. They played well ag the Pats, but not well enough; and absolutely sucked #$%$%^%$ last night. My pt. is that the D is who gets paid teh big bucks to play well every game. The O scored enough last night and enough in NE and Buff last Dec

Originally posted by BATMAN

Music to my ears. For the last 4 yrs. How many times have we seen the defense come up big and then the offense turns the ball over at critical times and the defense HAS to stop them and then everyone blames the defense for the loss...

Not in December....... Our defense has been the ones who have given up the games in December. Ricky had 200+ at Buffalo and 100+ at NE last year and we scored plenty of points and the defense blew it. What about Philly last night? Fiedler sucked but we still scored 27 points and still lost by a TD. Good defenses should STEP UP for big games. Look at baltimore, look at Tampa. MIAMI'S D??? PRETENDERS!

Originally posted by phinfan34

Not in December....... Our defense has been the ones who have given up the games in December. Ricky had 200+ at Buffalo and 100+ at NE last year and we scored plenty of points and the defense blew it. What about Philly last night? Fiedler sucked but we still scored 27 points and still lost by a TD. Good defenses should STEP UP for big games. Look at baltimore, look at Tampa. MIAMI'S D??? PRETENDERS!

Correct. I was thinking of mostly during the seasons. In December and in the playoffs Miami's defense has been suspect and they usually get blown out.

Our defense sucks. Get rid of Madison. Get someone who wants to play.

I cannot understand how the team seems to get "better" every year and yet the record gets worse. It must be coaching. They all must go.:fire: :cry:

Our offense has been pretty bad the last few years. But why is it that everytime our offense steps up, the defense lets THEM down?? It's been that way for awhile now. And that is why I'm not opposed to having a defensive-minded head coach.

Back
Top Bottom