Decent draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Decent draft

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Not great not bad.

We got Carey, I'm not up in arms about him, I'm happy we have another OL, but I'm kind of hesitant on him being a solid tackle. I personally would rather have signed Randall and saved a first round pick if we were looking for a stop gap tackle. I'm not sold on Carey being a solid NFL tackle, but I'm not against him being there either. I think it would have been wiser to trade down and snag another solid guard. My thinking on this is....had Carey gone to the pats I wouldn't have been mad. We could have moved down and gotten our pick of a few solid guards, equally good as carey at that position, but that can't play tackle. However, like I said, I'm not sold on Carey as a solid tackle. To each his own though, would have been nice to have that 4th, but I'm not gonna whine about it too much. Carey was a solid/safe pick IMO, and not a bad one. It was a need pick, rather than the BPA that the FO said we would take, but that's not a horrible thing either.

I'm a HUGE fan of this Poole pick. Can anyone say Anquan Boldin? No...poole won't be a WR, but remember how Boldin's stock fell because he had bad workouts...(he was reportedly sick as well), and look how he turned out. HUGE steal in the 4th, I would have snagged him in the 3rd, MAYBE 2nd had we had a pick. But 4th, psh, can't BEGIN to argue with this pick. He's another CB that could be HUGE someday, and it only cost us a 4th round pick! GREAT move snagging by far the BPA. I'm not saying he WILL be huge, but I'd put my money on him succeeding, rather than faltering. Like I said, I'm a huge fan of BPA, and that was the obvious mentality here. Way to go RS. You took a first and a third, and turned it into 2 first round picks!

I'll admit I'm in the dark about Tua, but from what I hear (too small for a MLB, too slow for safety) we could be grooming him for an OLB spot, which isn't a bad idea at all beings we're going to be out a stud OLB pretty soon. He could pan out, he might not, but i'm not gonna put money either way, seems like a good call to me though. I'm a HUGE fan of potential in the low rounds if you can't tell. This guy has it, he could be a sleeper.

Hadnot was a good call, Pape I don't really agree with, but he's a 7th rounder. It's a long crapshoot anyway you look at it down there. Hadnot could be groomed at center. I dont' think this spells the end for Mckinney as some people think, he's a project backup that should be aight in a few seasons, but not before then.

I don't plan on pope panning out. From all reports, he's not really a smart player. Seems to rely totally on physical ability, which by all reports, he's lacking as well. I would MUCH rather have snagged Jordan Carstens down there, corn fed DT from ISU, he's a beast and would be a great project DT that was rumored to be a 4th round pick. Supposedly had a bad combine, so he dropped off the radar I guess, but I'd still have taken him in the 7th.

Good draft, nothing flooring, but DAMN i'm psyched about the pool acquision. Just a great thing to happen all around. With that one selection we went from a safe draft to a potentially great draft. Even without Rivers :)

I agree on the Poole pick. I think we just drafted Sam Madison's replacement in a couple of years. Our secondary will continue to be top 5 in the league even when Sam's gone.

Carey is a better tackle than guard. When he played guard as a senior, as you know, he was on two bum ankles. He graded out AWESOME as a junior right tackle, and that's what the Fins will start him at. He's a dominant run blocker, and has the athleticism and wing span to mirror speed edge rushers. I love Carey as our RT.

Tony Bua is a madman. He will be a special teams ace at worst. I hate to make this comparison right now, but the guy is Pat Tillman's clone. Great pick in the fifth.

The only dissapointment was the passing of PK Sam. I love all the other picks.

Back
Top Bottom