Declined 5th-year Options Could Leave Host Of Former Top Nfl Talents Available For The Dolphins

DKphin

Super Duper Club
Reaction score

A glut of once-highly regarded talent could be on the move after multiple teams turned down fifth-year options on rookie contracts from the 2016 NFL draft.

NFL organizations like control, and first-round assets are significant investments that franchises don't take lightly. The ability to keep young players on the roster at a discount price during their prime years is crucial to long-term team building.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2834553-declined-5th-year-options-could-leave-host-of-former-top-nfl-talents-available

Digital

Starter
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
As a rebuilding team, I think we'll be looking for different type of FA's, more hard-working plugger types than real solutions. I doubt we're in the bidding for someone like Conklin, particularly since his real issue is durability, which seems to be something we're definitely avoiding. I really like the kid's game … but if he can't stay healthy, he can't be a long term solution, as OL just tend to get more injury prone each year.

LANGER72

Super Duper Club
Reaction score
Just because we have missed on a more than our share FA that are injury prone, I believe we do not 2nd guess this staff and GM.
I like what I am seeing so far.

gregorygrant83

Starter
Reaction score
Unless they're released or traded they won't be available until next summer when they become unrestricted free agents.

gregorygrant83

Starter
Reaction score
There are a few that would be worth looking at. Miami should have the 2020 cap space to look at a few of those players next summer and they have a surplus of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th an 7th round picks that might even allow them to trade for one or two of the players on the list this year. I might be willing to give up 4th, 5th or 6th for the right reclamation project.

NorFlaFin

PowerHungryMo'fo
Reaction score
I would give up a day three pick for Conklin. Think I'll pass on Apple.

I do wonder about Nkemdiche? What went wrong?

Top Bottom