Declined 5th-year Options Could Leave Host Of Former Top Nfl Talents Available For The Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Declined 5th-year Options Could Leave Host Of Former Top Nfl Talents Available For The Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
hi-res-95e4a23d530e575a12d3317d1bae7174_crop_north.jpg

A glut of once-highly regarded talent could be on the move after multiple teams turned down fifth-year options on rookie contracts from the 2016 NFL draft.

NFL organizations like control, and first-round assets are significant investments that franchises don't take lightly. The ability to keep young players on the roster at a discount price during their prime years is crucial to long-term team building.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...eave-host-of-former-top-nfl-talents-available

As a rebuilding team, I think we'll be looking for different type of FA's, more hard-working plugger types than real solutions. I doubt we're in the bidding for someone like Conklin, particularly since his real issue is durability, which seems to be something we're definitely avoiding. I really like the kid's game … but if he can't stay healthy, he can't be a long term solution, as OL just tend to get more injury prone each year.

Just because we have missed on a more than our share FA that are injury prone, I believe we do not 2nd guess this staff and GM.
I like what I am seeing so far.

Unless they're released or traded they won't be available until next summer when they become unrestricted free agents.

There are a few that would be worth looking at. Miami should have the 2020 cap space to look at a few of those players next summer and they have a surplus of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th an 7th round picks that might even allow them to trade for one or two of the players on the list this year. I might be willing to give up 4th, 5th or 6th for the right reclamation project.

I would give up a day three pick for Conklin. Think I'll pass on Apple.

I do wonder about Nkemdiche? What went wrong?

Back
Top Bottom