Dee Brown drops out of Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dee Brown drops out of Draft

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/8581434

438149-1.jpg

Its definitely a good move for him after breaking his foot. He averaged a little bit over 13 points last year with a highly loaded team. If he comes out and averages about 18 points and 6 assists a game and he carries this team on his back then you could see his stock rise alot in the 2006 draft. As high as where he could be a lottery pick next year

Yeah, didn't he win the Dream Job on ESPN, too?

You remember the "other" Dee Brown from his days with the Celtics. He won the Slam Dunk title one year, which was right about the time it stopped meaning anything.

I wish one of my Heels would drop out of the draft :(

byroan said:
I wish one of my Heels would drop out of the draft :(

Personally i think Sean Mays and Rashad McCants should both drop out and improve there stock and be lottery picks instead of mid to late 1st rounders

Buddwalk said:
Personally i think Sean Mays and Rashad McCants should both drop out and improve there stock and be lottery picks instead of mid to late 1st rounders

I wouldn't have a problem with that. :D

Buddwalk said:

Some guys just dont care where they get drafted. The only things that matter to them is that they get to actually have a chance to play where they be playing.

PhinDude88 said:
Some guys just dont care where they get drafted. The only things that matter to them is that they get to actually have a chance to play where they be playing.

The last part of your paragraph doesnt make sense :D

But anyway I'm just saying if your a lottery pick you get much more money than a non lottery pick

Players like Dee Brown definitely needed to go back cause people are feeling his season was only so good cause of his supporting cast, which I really dont agree with.

Buddwalk said:
The last part of your paragraph doesnt make sense :D

But anyway I'm just saying if your a lottery pick you get much more money than a non lottery pick

Players like Dee Brown definitely needed to go back cause people are feeling his season was only so good cause of his supporting cast, which I really dont agree with.

I was talking about them being glad that they get to actually play in the NBA.

PhinDude88 said:
I was talking about them being glad that they get to actually play in the NBA.

oh yeah...well if you have the opportunity to increase your draft stock I wouldnt turn it down :D

phunwin said:
You remember the "other" Dee Brown from his days with the Celtics. He won the Slam Dunk title one year, which was right about the time it stopped meaning anything.

Thanks I was pretty sure there was another Dee Brown I was just confirming. I think he was a good 3-point shooter and not much else?

DolFan31 said:
Thanks I was pretty sure there was another Dee Brown I was just confirming. I think he was a good 3-point shooter and not much else?

NP. And yeah, he was a good 3-point shooter, and apparently had some hops. But that was about it.

Buddwalk said:

McCants, yes. May, no.

McCants probably could have used another year of school to show teams that he's got his head on straight. Moreover, he'd really have a chance to be the man on a 2005-6 UNC team. He could have shown off some leadership and had all the shots he craved. I think with one more year, he could have been a top 10 pick for sure, perhaps top 5 if things went right.

May's stock isn't going to get any higher than it is right now. Teams are in love with him coming off his monster NCAA tournament. There's only so high that a 6'9 center with mediocre athleticism can rise. May was right to come out.

phunwin said:
McCants, yes. May, no.

McCants probably could have used another year of school to show teams that he's got his head on straight. Moreover, he'd really have a chance to be the man on a 2005-6 UNC team. He could have shown off some leadership and had all the shots he craved. I think with one more year, he could have been a top 10 pick for sure, perhaps top 5 if things went right.

May's stock isn't going to get any higher than it is right now. Teams are in love with him coming off his monster NCAA tournament. There's only so high that a 6'9 center with mediocre athleticism can rise. May was right to come out.

May will be a PF, not a center. and he has pretty damn good athleticism. but your right may should of come out, with that tourney he had.

Back
Top Bottom