Deep draft at RB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deep draft at RB

Mr Yu

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Deep draft at RB and QB after round 1

Guys, with a lot of talk about moving down and picking up picks ( if possible ) , I thought that I would make a list of 2nd rounders and down picks at RB & QB that could be available for the Fins. My arguement is that there is talent , maybe not Benson & Brown ( or is it Brown & Benson ) , but talent.

Here goes in order of my Favs. in order , round 2-5:

Eric Shelton
Ciatrick Fason
Marion Barber
Kay-Jay Harris
Vernand Morency
Frank Gore
Lionel Gates
Alex Haynes

- I really like Shelton , who has size ( 6'-2" )power and speed.

QB's round 2 - 5. My Favs:

Stefon LeFors - I know , I know , he's 6' but dude can play and win.
Charlie Frye
Kyle Orton
Dan Orovsky
David Greene
Jason White
Timmy Chang

Sorry , can't trust McPherson with his background. This kid did alot more than what came out in the press.

O.K. who did I leave out that you would like to see the Fins take a flyer at assuming we have the ability to take said flyer ( think JJ in his prime with multiple picks and the ability to burn one to get a HOF with the other)

you missed out Jason Campbell off the QBs.

Yes there is depth at RB, but the only guy I reallly like out of them is Fason.

finsnchips said:
you missed out Jason Campbell off the QBs.

Yes there is depth at RB, but the only guy I reallly like out of them is Fason.

Thanks for Campbell , but I was guessing that he would be going in the 1st round late. He still fits in a trade down and I like the guy alot. I figured if I put him on this list I would be called out for it. good point.

Mr Yu said:
Guys, with a lot of talk about moving down and picking up picks ( if possible ) , I thought that I would make a list of 2nd rounders and down picks at RB & QB that could be available for the Fins. My arguement is that there is talent , maybe not Benson & Brown ( or is it Brown & Benson ) , but talent.

Here goes in order of my Favs. in order , round 2-5:

Eric Shelton
Ciatrick Fason
Marion Barber
Kay-Jay Harris
Vernand Morency
Frank Gore
Lionel Gates
Alex Haynes

QB's round 2 - 5. My Favs:

Stefon LeFors - I know , I know , he's 6' but dude can play and win.
Charlie Frye
Kyle Orton
Dan Orovsky
David Greene
Jason White
Timmy Chang

Sorry , can't trust McPherson with his background. This kid did alot more than what came out in the press.

O.K. who did I leave out that you would like to see the Fins take a flyer at assuming we have the ability to take said flyer ( think JJ in his prime with multiple picks and the ability to burn one to get a HOF with the other)

Missed Andrew Walter off qbs...and how you put lional gates and alex haynes on there...but left out darren sproles, is a mystery

what? no Darren Sproles or Ryan Moats, in the 3rd or 4th round i would definetly look at one of them if your lookin for a running back that late in the draft..

You missed Walter Reyes. He is primed to be the next curtis martin.

Another big fast RB/FB is the kid from the Citedel........Broughton..... Saban knows about him and liked what he saw at the senior bowl. He would be a second RB taken and used as a special teamer and short yardage ect.

YOU JUST MISSED THE BUDWISER TRUCK IT JUST WENT BY .

I thought i would add a comical remark in there since Haven't posted in a while.:roflmao:

serriously though jason campbell might give us the flexibility to draft mike williams or edwards.

I like McClendon and Moats at RB

For some reason, I think McClendon will be injury free and terrific in the NFL. His spinning twisting style is ideal for short yardage and the red zone.

Also the other back at West Virginia, the one who trampled the Miami safety in 2003. I prefer him to Kay-Jay, who is overraged at the wrong position to be overraged.

Overall I like your list, other than Jason White wouldn't make my top 50 QBs. I would find a way to stick a drunken bum who played one down of QB in 3rd grade flag football ahead of him, in terms of NFL potential. Timmy Chang just a nudge higher.

Buddwalk said:
Missed Andrew Walter off qbs...and how you put lional gates and alex haynes on there...but left out darren sproles, is a mystery

True on Walter , I think Sproles is small to be a guy that will get you 1000+.

mercury 40 said:
YOU JUST MISSED THE BUDWISER TRUCK IT JUST WENT BY .

I thought i would add a comical remark in there since Haven't posted in a while.:roflmao:

serriously though jason campbell might give us the flexibility to draft mike williams or edwards.

- NoooOOOOOooooooOOOO!

DolphinsD1 said:
what? no Darren Sproles or Ryan Moats, in the 3rd or 4th round i would definetly look at one of them if your lookin for a running back that late in the draft..

Bit small , but taking one in the 4th or 5th makes sense if you have the extra picks.

-We can still use a look at a change of pace back that can catch. Faster then Travis.

Mr Yu said:

I think Shelton is a HUGE sleeper!

Here are some of his stats:

RB- 6'1 1/2" 246lbs. (Louisvillle)

40 yd dash- 4.54 secs.
Bench press- 18x
Vertical jump- 38.5"
Broad jump- 10'4"
20 yd shuttle-4.08
3 cone drill-7.46
Wonderlic test-23!

Compare that to Ronnie Brown:

RB- 6'0 1/4" 233lbs (Auburn)
40yd dash- 4.48 secs.
Bench press-18x
Vertical jump- 34"
Broad jump- 9'9"
20yd shuttle- 4.14
3 cone drill- 7.12
Wonderlic- 23

I think Shelton moves great for a big man and is smart. He is still very very fast and can jump like a frog. With his size and speed... he may really be a steal for the fins! Maybe then, they can take the risk of picking a defensive guy first.... if they could only get a guy like Shelton!

havanahec said:
I dont think Shelton fits are new offensive system.

- Tell me more about the new offensive system.

Back
Top Bottom