- TD: 2

Kenny Stills
- Targets: 30
- Receptions: 15
- Completion%: 50%
- Yards: 710*
- TD: 7

*47.3 Yds per Rec (leads all NFL WRs)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12477833/mike-wallace-traded-minnesota-vikings-miami-dolphins

Mike Wallace is a great deep threat, but only when paired up with the right type of QB (like Ben Roethlisberger), who is good at arcing a deep ball into a fast bucket (over-the-shoulder go route, in stride).

Ryan Tannehill is better at throwing low-trajectory direct laser beams, which is a better match for an acrobatic catch radius guy like Kenny Stills.

Not to mention stills is ranked 4th at catching and had over a 100 more yards than Wallace with 30 LESS targets.

I wasn't sure I bought into Tannenbaum's Statistics-led approach, or well rather didn't believe he really was this great statician since he never shown it in NYJ.

But boy, has it paid off.

Brees vs. Tannehill . . . let's be serious.

And honestly, Still's doesn't have a "huge" catch radius . . . he's very similar to Wallace, except slower.

I like that we cleared the money, but I can't sit up here and say we upgraded at WR. We didn't, we got worse.

Oh stop it, one guy had Brees throwing him the ball the other Ryan Tannehill....lol do you think that fair?

The only thing we can hope for is him and RT having better chemistry.....

Stills has got talent no doubt. Happy with the trade and getting Wallace bloated contract off the books. Young but insanely athletic/talented WR core to grow with our franchise QB.

KDawg, just watch the vids, just look at Stills snatch the ball from the defenders hands over and over. Book it, regardless of who is better, Tannehill will have a better season with Stills.

KDawg, just watch the vids, just look at Stills snatch the ball from the defenders hands over and over. Book it, regardless of who is better, Tannehill will have a better season with Stills.

We'll see. I hope he does.

And honestly, Still's doesn't have a "huge" catch radius . . . he's very similar to Wallace, except slower.

I like that we cleared the money, but I can't sit up here and say we upgraded at WR. We didn't, we got worse.

**** Wallace. We acquired an actual deep threat that can actually run the proper route, track the ball, play above his head and catch with his hands. Stills is an upgrade.

I would say Stills is more aggressive, and probably doesn't bitch much about having to go deep in practice, or complain after your team just scored a TD.

Guys, you all didn't watch much Saints football did you? Brees's week arm has just gotten worse, he may have better touch than Tannehill but he's becoming a Chad Pennington. He floats everything over 15yds. Look at the vids!!!

Back
Top Bottom